Admiral Employee Reviews

Not so great but for the right person AMAZING
Renewals Specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS15 April 2019
This company prides themselves on creating a community and proving employees with amazing incentives and benefits.
However the management staff here is not the greatest often pushing unrealistic targets on employees whos agent scores are over 8(they only ask you to strive for an agent score of 6)
it becomes difficult then to "shave time off call time" while ensuring you are hitting every applicable metric within the call including ancillary sales and this is where errors occur. While they will help you to overcome these errors when they occur, they will take no responsibility for creating undue stress on the employee. Those that get promoted are not those that are exceptional at their job, but go out drinking with the management and upper management.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management is not so great
Sleep your way to the top, otherwise be happy at the bottom
Retention Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax NS6 April 2019
I don't know if the situation changed, but the only promotions I witnessed were people who started relationships with their supervisor and had to be promoted up.
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
Stress, very mobile goals, stress about very mobile goals.
Be careful
INBOUND SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 March 2019
Initially, i loved it there. the people seemed nice. there is a streamline through the company and they reward people who sell. however, the companies "feel good" office approach leads to a lot of inappropriate relationships, especially conflicts of interest where team leads are dating managers, and having the personal life spill into the office.

that said, if youre focused and driven, and can keep clean of the personal issues, Admiral is a good company to rise in.
too many changes and not caring about employees
Sales/ Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 February 2019
Too clicky. If you weren't part of the click, you won't get promoted or noticed. The money used to be great but every time you turn around, you were doing more work for less money and they were always taking money from your commission.
High Stress
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 January 2019
This company has spiraled me into an intense depression and I had to quit because of the high demand they put on your head. Their goals and standards are ridiculous and you feel like you are lying and cheating customers because their prices are not competitive compared to the rest of the market.
When I got hired I was told Admiral was the #2 insurance company in the UK but when you google "best UK insurance" they are no where to be seen. Not even top 10, and I can see why.
When I quit I was told I would recieved my last pay but when I got it, not all my hours were on there. I contacted them and they told me they had to deduct some money because I used the "gifted" vacation time so I had to pay it back.
They lie, steal and cheat.
I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy. If you want a good job, with a happy environment, this is not it.
Pros
Free fresh fruit daily.
Cons
Everything about this job.
cant say much
Car insurance representative (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia2 January 2019
When I started there it was a great place to work but the company grew and management styles changed. Salary's were stagnant and earning potential went down a lot in recent years.
Pros
free fruit
Worst company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 December 2018
Worst place to work, not sure how they claim they won awards. Over 60 percent of people quit within a year, so that alone says enough. They want you to lie to the customers and force sales, if not you be in a review stage. Managers are not nice. Be careful if this is the only job you must take, have a plan to exit. I would not recommend this place to my enemy.
Pros
Cons
Management is terrible.. Full of lies and they do not care about their employees well being.
ok
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 November 2018
the learning environment is great. but the loyalty to its employees is negilible Can be very deceiving, you will be rewarded monetary with gift cards and incentives.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
managment is untrustworthy
Great Place to Work!
Inbound Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 October 2018
Admiral Insurance is great to their employee's, great scheduling and plenty of room for advancement and other perks. Would have never left but due to medical issues i had to. :(
good place over all
Inbound Renewals and Sales (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS10 October 2018
log in take calls, speak to British people, i learned to take my time with customers, listen better, respect, understand and put your self in there shoes. culture was great. hardest part of job not being able to make the customer happy. enjoyable part was talking to all kinds of people.
Pros
fruit, good vacation allotment, flex time, having fun
Cons
not enough empathy for the sick
fun place to work but
Renewals Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 September 2018
not so fun taking call after call with angry customers every day and being made to sell products that people don't want .

however it is a very fun place to work
Pros
fresh fruit every day
Cons
extremley busy
Minimum wage
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 September 2018
Barely above minimum wage. A billion dollar Insurance CO and they pay pittance...sad... Benefits are good but the pay is not rewarding for the amount of work. I met a lot of nice people but I felt it was a waste of my career advancement.
Pros
You need not worry about your wardrobe; you can dress like a slob.
Cons
Too much pressure. Money is not worth it.
Productive fun place
Retention Representative (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS15 July 2018
Its a fast paced place to work, procedures change a lot. Expectatios are high, sitting most if not all day.

Not any easy job, don't caught up in the fact that its a call center.
Pros
Pension plan, benefits, vacation time.
Cons
Hours can flexuate without notice
Fun, but a very `Big Brother` like place to work
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Mumford, NS12 June 2018
The culture at Admiral is unique and fun if you`re willing to embrace it, however just keep in mind that the job is still a call center position like any other; and everything you do is heavily monitored. Be prepared for receiving LOTS of feedback and things like hearing your own voice from listening to your own calls picked at random in front of your coworkers. There`s no secrets, every one of your specific struggles will be made public, even your coded times for being on a call, off a call, breaks, lunches, etc.
Pros
Good work is always acknowledged, fresh fruit, pool table in lunchroom
Cons
Lots of sitting down, repetitive tasks
Work Life Balance
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 June 2018
Fun place to work, full benefits and personalized desk space. Chance to competitively earn more. Base wage but possible chance to earn more with incentive on top and overtime
Pros
Incentive and overtime
Cons
Base Wage
Good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 May 2018
Working at Admiral was mostly an enjoyable experience; the pay / benefits were good with the chance to improve through raises and bonuses. The hours were wonderful; all days with no late nights, and occasional weekend shifts getting off at noon.
Pros
Twice-yearly bonuses via shares / dividends.
A good company to work for who cares about their employees.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 April 2018
A good company to work for, lots of benefits starting from day one. Work was very monotonous though. I worked in the new business department and the job entailed taking call after call and reading from a call script. Some people enjoyed it but I found that the job wasn't for me.
It was a great place to work
INSURANCE SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 March 2018
Overall a great place to work. The culture there is unique and fun to be part of. Management could use some improvement. The job was easy and compensation was good
Pros
Work culture
Reputable Company & A Great Place to Grow Your Career
Senior Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Halifax, Nova Scotia9 January 2018
Admiral is a company that does a lot for its employees: onsite massage therapy, company shares, benefits beginning at day one of employment and a massive six weeks of paid time off. There are team building exercises and opportunities to take a breather during the workday to simply have fun.

If you are the type of person who can tolerate and push through the sometimes stressful work environment, the opportunities for advancement are plentiful. As the company continues to grow locally in Halifax, the need to hire more managers and senior level employees becomes greater which is really good for those who have a drive to establish their careers with this employer.
Pros
Immediate Benefits, Company Shares, Advancement Opportunities, Excellent Vacation Allotment
Cons
Early Mornings, Sometimes Stressful Environment, Base Wage.
Highly productive centre with good incentives
Customer Service Renewals (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 October 2017
Contact Centre with a typical day taking phone calls from customers wanting to cancel their auto insurance, or make amendments to their policy. Very strict in reading of appropriate scripting if any changes to policy and payment details. The hardest part of the job is knowing that any variance from scripting will affect any incentive
Pros
great perks and vacation
Cons
early weekend hours and high stress at times of day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Admiral. Our community is ready to answer.

Admiral Reviews by Location