Adler University Employee Reviews

Wolves in sheep clothing!
Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL1 June 2019
Some of the individuals in leadership roles have absolutely no idea what’s going on in the departments of which they are heads. They prefer “yes men” so if you have a mind of your own then don’t get involved with this place. Considering the mission, they don’t practice what they preach.
Pros
Some of the employees were a joy to work with. The location of the campus being in “The Loop.”
Cons
Vacation time is accrued. Transparency is nonexistent. Benefits are horrible in terms of medical, dental & vision.
Great for work study
Work Srudy Assistant for Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL1 April 2019
I enjoyed being a work study student here. The hours were flexible and I felt like part of the Adler Community. Its a great way to get to meet professors, other students and administration
Productive and fun
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL7 August 2018
Everyone is supportive of professional growth. Good place to work. Everyone is friendly and the atmosphere is positive. Everyone is willing to help others.
Overall review
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL23 July 2018
I was a student working within the data analysis program. It was very tedious and time consuming but very rewarding. I was able to meet and network with many department chairs and administrative staff members. Management was understanding and very caring.
Pros
Free lunch at least once a month
Cons
Short breaks
Worst Place to Wrk
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL11 July 2018
Adler overall is not a good school to work at. They have been laying off faculty and staff for 3 years now constantly. The President, VP's and other high offices receive bonuses while the staff lacks a cost of living raise. The college in its entirety is understaffed. There is no social justice practiced at this institution. The social justice caveat is a front. It is not a good place to work or a good place for a student to attend. There is so much racism right on campus. The instructors are not held to a high standard either.
Okay
Instructional Designer - Contract, Remote (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL16 June 2018
Adler University was a great place to work. I only worked as a contractor but I was overall satisfied with the experience. I would work with them again if given the opportunity.
A good place to work
Associate Vice-President, Technology (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL22 May 2018
Good mission. Working with students and making a difference in their academic experience is rewarding. Fast moving, ambitious environment. Great potential University for social change.
Pros
Small workplace allows for growth potential
Cons
Understaffed
Nice Place to Work
faculty and staff (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL30 January 2018
This is a nice place to work, the students are focused on change, and Adler has strong community engagement which is helpful for student and staff development.
Pros
Collaboorative work environment
Cons
Job Stability
Collaborative Workplace
HR Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL20 January 2018
Socially responsible employer. Management was very responsive to the employees and students. I learned a lot regarding project management and interface development. A typical work day consisted of assisting employees with any and all concerns and coordinating project duties with the software provider and the TPA's.
Pros
Great place to work!
Not satisfied
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL19 October 2017
Can be difficult and challenging at times. Many silos to overcome within the organization. A divide between faculty and staff, often not on the same page.
Social Justice
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL14 May 2017
Adler University has a strong focus on social justice from an academic perspective instead of a clinical perspective. The teachings of Adler are a key component of the mission, vision and values of the institution and rolled out into the classroom. However, it would be such an influential agency, if much more dedication to communities in need.
Pros
beautiful campus, excellent benefits and salary
Cons
bully riddled culture, lack of connection to mission
Dedicated staff, changing leadership
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago,il17 January 2017
Staff and faculty are dedicated to the key, underlying theme of Adler: social justice. Leadership is distant and there is a lack of communication between staff and faculty, making work difficult at times.
Very relaxed environment
Business Object Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL29 July 2016
Adler University is a very relaxed and organized placed to work for. It's a small institute and hence tightly knit community. The projects and task are well defined and it's easy reach business clients and stakeholders. Adler University cares for professional development of it's employee and goes above and beyond to work with the staff.
Pros
Work from home option.
Cons
Not the best 403b options
A Very Different Learning Experience For Me
Executive Assistant, Office of the President (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL2 April 2015
My tasks change on a daily basis. I am heavily involved in event planning for the Office of the President and the Board of Trustees. I am also the point-person for the Office of the President and deliver exceptional customer service.

I've learned to communicate and build relationships with individuals within all levels of the organization. I have also learned about the different departments of a Higher Education institute that I was unaware of in the past, and I have also learned how valuable online education is to expanding the growth of a university.

Our Leadership Team is a group of nine individuals that all have their own direct reports. Because of the respect and mindfulness of one another, the institution has steadily expanded over the past year and a half that I have been here. They are on track to build a new campus in Vancouver.

My co-workers are very hardworking and extremely helpful. I have learned most from my director who has always made a comfortable environment around the office. In the time I have been here, only one out of eight Executive Assistants has gone his separate way (on good terms). My co-workers have a very positive attitude daily regardless of any issues that may come up.

When I began, the most difficult part of the job was learning the various Boards the President's involved in. Aside from our Board of Trustees, he is a member of 10 other Boards. In the beginning, it was difficult balancing his schedule and even learning what each Board was about. The most enjoyable part of my job is the positive culture in the office. Although times
  more... may get stressful, the environment in our office makes those difficult times much more manageable.  less

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adler University. Our community is ready to answer.