Addition Elle

Addition Elle Employee Reviews

Canada104 reviews
Fast paced environment
Overall the company is great to work for. Very good management and the compensation is average, however, bonuses are rarely met. Even if you have a good week they make the targets almost impossible to achieve. Weekends are mandatory so if like weekends off do not work in retail management or retail period.

Work-life balance is a challenge as they change priorities weekly and you have to adjust to make them happy. Customers are needy and very demanding most of the time.

Must have tough skin for this line of work.
Pros
Flexibility, Good Hours, Benefits
Cons
Only one weekend off per month, must work evenings
Bien, mais difficile
Travailler en lingerie demande beaucoup de courage surtout quand on est de petite taille et que tu travaille dans une boutique taille forte.
The district manager I worked for at the time was horrible. She was nothing short of a bully. Very high turnover in her district.
Head office received many complaints about this DM being a bully. It seemed as if they didn't care about all of the people complaining and seemed to care more about protecting this DM.
Pros
Fashion, body positivity, good discount
Cons
Not feeling supported, stressful work environment, left to work alone in store for many hours, including closing.
Excellent place to work
My manager is the best. She's down to earth, personable and a fair person. My colleagues are great aswell. I ama lucky person to be able to go to work and look forward to it.
Fantastic
Addition Elle to this day was one of the best jobs I've ever had. I actually realyl regret leaving them for a job that turned out absolutely horrible. Reitmans treats their employees like gold.
Horrible and stressful
It was always stressful and staff in tears. It was so hard to be there even know the company is absolutely wonderful that store has so many issues. No time for customer service!
Pros
Discount
Cons
No customer service
I don’t recommend
I was severely bullied when I worked here. I was young and entered into MGMT, a position a current staff member did not qualify for, and the staff were awful to me. There was ZERO support from the store manager, the DM was okay but not easy to get in touch with. The staff were catty and purposely tried to sabatoge. The clothing is expensive but nice. The pay is low but normal for retail. There is no support outside the store. I do not recommend
Over all l enjoyed my job
Overall I enjoyed my position at Addition Elle and working for the company, great staff and customers.The vision Addition Elle has with the fast past of completion and keeping up with new technology was very interesting in learning and keeping up with the new changes.
Do not work for them they are bullies
I got the job because they practically begged me to work. So I took it. Upper management is messy and are bullies. They offer nothing to the company and have no idea how to run the business the DM is clueless on how the store works. Upper management don’t understand how retail works. Severely under staffed. Have no hours to work but expect all tasks to be done and give 100% customer service. Upper management talk to employees like we are beneath them. Store managers also unprofessional.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Underpaid, under staffed, expect way too much, blame you for no sales.
Positive
Great group of people to work with and flexible hours. Unfortunately, 3 hour shifts were not enough for me at the time and they were rarely offering anything more.
A badly run business
Short staffed with maximum productivity expected. You get a good discount but the perks end there. Management and upper management are terrible. Skip the job and just buy their clothes.
great atmosphere
i worked with a great team, although we were understaffed and had a lot of work to do it was great to have people to rely on. My team and i became fast friends. The styles and discounts you receive as an employee are great benefits as well
Whole experience sucked
The manager was insanely controlling and mean to everyone, took out her frustration on employees and customer and was overall very unstable. More than once she would go cry in the back store or in the car and/or be yelling at someone over the phone. The assistant manager was awesome though and put out every fire the manager created.

The company itself is slightly problematic due to them asking for way too many tasks to be completed in a very small amount of time, while giving limited hours to get them completed. One person would often be left to close the store, clean everything, do quick finds (online orders), help customers, unpack stock, and anything else that comes up.

Also, employees are scheduled as "on call shifts". For example, we would be from 10am -12pm On Call, 12pm - 4pm Confirmed Shift, then 4pm - 5:30pm On Call. WE AREN'T DOCTORS, we don't need to be on call. Perhaps it was my manager but she made it clear that it was company policy, which is insane considered we have to clear our entire day JUST IN CASE we are needed at the store.
Don't do it
There is not enough time and space to even BEGIN to explain how terrible this company is. I can only express to AVOID working here at all costs. Save your confidence and mental state.
Fun!
Working for this company prepared me for the next steps in my career. Wonderful management and leaders who support you, good company discount. Enjoyed my time at Addition Elle, would go back to the company in a heartbeat.
Worst company
Management and staff were great depending on when you were there, but the company itself is so corrupt its insane. They regularly fired people just because they had too many hours. But if you're fired before your 3 months are up thats legal. It was gross. As well on a number of occasions they made clerical errors on payroll meaning multiple people wouldn't get paid on time. But you cant really complain to employment Standards because they would eventually pay you. Just a week late and after your rent was already late. Really poor company. No care for their employees.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Everything else
It’s ok
This company is owned by reitmans and they have new owners who care only about money. The rarely promote within the company. And many of the managers are bullies. When I first started there it was an alright place to work but by the end it was terrible. I would not go back now.
Lovely place of work
The environment was very calm, the employees and managers were all very nice people and very fun and relaxing to be around, hey definitely made work more enjoyable. Of course it is a sales driven company so if sales are down there are less hours to get and if sales are up there are more. So you never really know what to expect for your hours especially if you are part-time. You could go from working 2 3-hour shifts one week to working 6 8-hour shifts the next.
Pros
Amazing employee discount
Cons
Unpredictable hours
Customers are always first
I loved my job there & loved being able to help the ladies who came in needing a pick me up, (because trying to find something when you are plus size can be hard) Management is a little out of wack. They push you to work more shifts than you can. Overall though, a good place to work & the employees are wonderful.
Pros
Everyone works together, you aren't out left to dry
Cons
Higher management isn't on the same page as the employees
Retail work
Management at store level was supportive however upper management, specifically distract manager impeded all success. Very unapproachable, unrealistic expectations and hypocritical.
I never believed the company truly valued me as an employee.

Very high turnover rate, sales associates and management.
Manager
This store needs a new manager. The bullying and rudeness was disgusting. If she is having a bad day then so are you.
Pros
Discount of clothing
Cons
Manager