Addiction Canada

Addiction Canada Employee Reviews for Addiction Counselor

Addiction Counselor4 reviews
Canada4 reviews
A wonderful and fulfilling job knowing your helping those in need.
A wonderful experience helping those in need, It is a wonderful feeling when those who want help receive it and are able to move on with their lives in a healthy way of living.
Pros
seeing people get well
Cons
The way clients pay for treatment
Due to management, a toxic work environment
Staff not being paid on time, or at all; and replacement cheques issued, bounced; vendors not being paid; dictatorship and micromanagement; any wages at the low end of the scale; no benefits; no retirement plan.
Overall great place to work and love the idea of conquering Addictions
I am an Addiction Counselor at the Glendon location and we have a great team headed by a very good clinical director. We work great together and see so many great stories and success in those stories evolve. Men and women truly evolve into someone new who no longer is in the stranglehold of their addiction no matter what it is. We have an awesome medical team that helps our clients through some of the worse withdrawal imaginable. The food served and the kitchen staff headed by our chef serve up some great dishes for all to enjoy. We are proud of our centre and what we do.
Pros
Loving your job and seeing success walk out to the world
Cons
So many still suffer from addictions in Alberta that dont reach out.
A huge house with many rooms for clients
We were implementing the 12 steps of Alcoholic Anonymous , by reading the 12 steps books then every patient talks about himself and I provided scientific knowledge about addiction, causes of relapse etc..
Also there was one-on-one sessions for every patient to discuss their problems and provide guidance through the recovery phase and thereafter when they go back to their normal lives.

The facility where I was working was closed shortly after I was hired because of serious damage in the house from water leak (the Newmarket location).

I learned much about the work setting in Canada. Manager was excellent . Co-workers were cooperative and seeked the best outcome for the patients. The hardest part of the job was driving 40 km to go to work and 40 km to go home. the most enjoyable part was the success in helping patients to go back to their normal life.
Pros
Free coffee and lunch
Cons
No benefits
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Addiction Canada. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8