Addiction Canada

Addiction Canada Employee Reviews in Glendon, AB

No longer around
Always worried if you will get paid or if you have a job. Very stressful work place. Management worked hard on keeping the place going. Ownership also worked hard to many outside interference
Pros
Team
Cons
Stress
Bon travail d'equipe
Personnel engagé, un beau endroit pour la clientèle. Pas de considération au niveau salarial.
Pros
Bon travail d'équipe
Cons
salaires
Great new restructuring
I have been at the Alberta facility since it opened in 2015 and I can say we have had some changes as in upgrades and service levels provided. Our location recently saw an all new restructuring raising the level of therapeutic staff being replaced by more qualified and professional staff to included those with years of experience and the highest levels of education to provide the best care for all the clients no matter what addictions or disorders they are suffering from. The recent change in staffing and restructuring has left a few that were let go quite disgruntled in a small community due to the recent year's economy being effected. This is very unfortunate that the former staff did not understand the need for change to raise the level of care in the face of the growing needs here in Alberta for solutions in addiction treatment as so many deaths have been reported in our province due to fentanyl. Our full medical detox is 2nd to none with some great new health care staff experienced with the medical needs of those detoxing from drugs or alcohol.
Pros
Fullfilling position, knowing saving people's lives
Cons
long hours but fullfilling
Outstanding individual treatment plans
I have been employed with Addiction Canada since April 2015 in our Alberta location. I have the pleasure to work with an outstanding diverse team of medial, counselling, security, cooks, housekeeping and matenience staff that support our facility and clients needs.
Our medical detox allows our clients to detox with as little discomfort as possible. Our facility provides individual one on one counselling sessions, family counselling, group meetings, and a full daily program schedule for all clients. We also have daily activities, weekly outings, on site gym, dry sauna and also provide massage therapy, and meditation as well.

The hardest part of my job is seeing the damage addiction causes to an individual and their families.

I feel blessed and privileged to be apart of the transformation that takes place with each individual that completes our program. Addiction Canada is a very caring, and compassionate company that goes above and beyond for clients, their families and employees
******Leaves You Feeling Good******
A fast pace environment that keeps you busy and on your feet, everyday is different which is what I love about my job here, we have a great management team that works well together, as well as amazing staff!!!! I find the hardest part of the job is watching all our successful clients leave and wonder where they go? how are they doing? The most enjoyable part you ask...... is watching the changes they go through pushing themselves to be the best they can be!!Working their program.... The Addiction Canada Program!!!!!!
Overall great place to work and love the idea of conquering Addictions
I am an Addiction Counselor at the Glendon location and we have a great team headed by a very good clinical director. We work great together and see so many great stories and success in those stories evolve. Men and women truly evolve into someone new who no longer is in the stranglehold of their addiction no matter what it is. We have an awesome medical team that helps our clients through some of the worse withdrawal imaginable. The food served and the kitchen staff headed by our chef serve up some great dishes for all to enjoy. We are proud of our centre and what we do.
Pros
Loving your job and seeing success walk out to the world
Cons
So many still suffer from addictions in Alberta that dont reach out.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Addiction Canada. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8