Acuren

Acuren Management reviews

Canada93 reviews
always have more work than you can handle. work life is always on the road no shortage of hours. overall treatment is good. management is out of touch with the real world
Worked for a while with acuren. Durimg the COVID pandemic the only workers they kept working were the guys from over seas. Sat canadian workers and let them suffer. This company does not care about you at all. U are a number. They attempt to make u do the sketchiest jobs as well with no regard to safety, when something happens your to blame. The management is absolute trash and they play thre buddy system. Only friends move up
Smaller office with great personnel running the show. Call out location but typically have days notice for upcoming work. Management is very busy but they always take time to address concerns.
Employees are great to work with.

Favourite location to work at so far.
Overall good, Satisfied, Good company, Good management, Staff good, Good skill developement programe, Healty environement, Good facility, Management and administratative staff good.
Union company.. they screw with your pay and the union does little to nothing about it.

Management plays favorites giving the bulk of work to the techs they like most while others can barely make their mortgage.

Utterly toxic workplace. Find a job ANYWHERE else.
- very flexible
- Not much opportunity for job advancement

- Great team to work with

- Not the greatest paying company

- Great management
- Long days at work
I was just a temporary assignment for this job. It was a pleasant position. Was not enough work assigned at times. Management seemed pleasant and friendly as well as the rest of the staff.
Management treats field staff as second class citizens. Revolving door of technicians due to the continuous disrespect and outrageously rude, abusive behaviour of certain long term office staff. Also, can’t fathom how they manage to screw up payroll so badly, so often - been dealing with it for many years.
Pros
Rarely needing to speak with office staff.
Cons
Terribly rude, disrespectful office staff - with majority of field techs., Manager completely disconnected & disinterested in his field staff (some smaller clients, as well), Needing to check every pay stub, as pay is wrong, in the company’s favour, more often than not, Regardless of whether clients sign timesheets, office admins often change them to the hours they think you should get/deserve...
My department was great. We all worked well together. Other departments management was clicky and cut throat attitude. It was a shame as there were some really good people there.
Not very consistent work. Hard and honest work, work doesn't get you anywhere. Friends of friends get hired into management positions, no clue/ no work ethics. Very monotonous work, no excitement. Hardest part is to stay all day and play along with their childish management games. Union and non- union employees are merged. Non union division isn't wanted and you can feel it. Not so bad for union employees due to the union backing them and arbitrary games can't be played.
Good bunch of field level employees, Supervision and up is useless. Worker constantly trying to fix managements mistakes, without appreciation.
Pros
Pay check, good if you can't pass A&D
Cons
no appreciation, management has no clue, bad work ethics
If your just about to retire or don't have much passion in your machinist career, then this place is a good fit for you. Good pay. Don't expect any advancement or any challenges. Work is boring and the management is unorganized. Never worked for such a unorganized company. Good luck!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Bad management, unorganized company boredom, monotumus work.
Acuren is a good place to work to just get your foot in the door of their industry. Unfortunately they over work their admins and expect you to work a multiple persons job and shame you for not delivering a miracle. Only a few have worked their and put up with this. Admins and technicians are always quitting. They care more about the dollar then their employees and everyone there knows it.
No job security very clicky everyone is on eggshells to keep their position or job! Makes for a very toxic environment between employees! On top of that payroll get your pay wrong pretty much on a weekly basis
Cons
Your job will never be stable! very toxic work environment
No Managers that care about their people just about bonus at the end of the year.
The most confused place I have ever worked the management changes there mind about what to focus on each day don't do nothing until we get caught.
Pros
Cons
management
As far as rope access companies go they are prob the worst. Travel benefits and wages vary. If your new your wage will be cut while others in the clic will stay the same. No flights for new workers from BC but full flights for same qualified workers from Nova Scotia.

Very exclusive company. Doesn’t treat its employees well. They are slowly losing the monopoly they once had on Rope Access which is a welcomed sight.

There are much better Rooe Access companies to work for who put the importance of employees at least close to that of the company.

BEWARE! Only if you are desperate.
Pros
They
Cons
Poor management, low moral on jobs
Worked with them for 2.5 years and hated most of my time there. Management plays favourites and doesn’t even try and hide it, if you bring up a problem you get told it’s not their problem. Get told there is lots of work but there is none, there is absolutely no schedule. Non stop cutbacks on employee income to ensure company profit. I would never suggest anyone to work here ever.
Pros
Co-workers aren’t terrible to work with
Cons
employees well being always comes second.
I enjoyed working for Acuren, it was extremely busy, we had great managers and even better employees. It was demanding work, but there were a lot of office politics
I enjoy the crew i work with, like anywhere there are good and bad co workers. Management i've dealt with are mostly decent, the company as a whole isn't overly employee oriented
Pros
Work
Cons
Ppe
had all required training and equipment available for me to perform my job. the management was courteous and forward about what was expected of me when delegating jobs.
I was surprised when they called me because I never applied to this company. I wasn't interviewed at all. The job description and the actual position were polar opposites. I worked at 6 nights and 1 day off rotation 12 hour shifts which meant I had to book all my check ups and family time into the day that got to recuperate. No other shifts were available. They had safety meetings every night which was good. I loved getting to know the other employees. However NDT reporting was the only thing I had to do all day long. I was writing up engineering reports that I didn't understand. There was only one day of training and no other help from the management team. There was no one to ask on nights. Great pay and camp was provided for certain employees that wanted it. Busing was provided for employees on a 7pm to 7 am shift. **Only down side was being stabbed in the back by a NDT technician who stole my position and got me fired. I returned my suncor badge to them but never got my personal belongings returned to me.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Virtually no days off
- Lack of work
- Major cutbacks

- Different salaries for employees with same skills

- Hard to reach management
- No job security
- No reimbursement for travel abroad