Acuren Employee Reviews

Great Working place
Field Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 March 2018
Job Security with the safety position was not there with Acuren.
I enjoyed the work environment and the culture of the people. Shutdown safety was mostly my position with Acuren, but I also was able to help in all other departments of the company.
Pros
Great People
Cons
No job security
really enjoyed working here
QC Support (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB15 March 2018
had all required training and equipment available for me to perform my job. the management was courteous and forward about what was expected of me when delegating jobs.
Fun working
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 January 2018
Currently employed at Acuren Inc.
Easy to get along with coworkers.
Not much room for improvement.
Overall, good for entry level.
The hardest part of the job is distraction
good crews, camp facilities had a good work out room. and clean dorms.
Scaffolder 1st year Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 December 2017
Would get on the bus to the job site, go to the site trailer get ready head out the door put our cards on the board have our safety/tool box meeting for the day. head out to with the crew I would be assigned to view the scope of the job, write up the safety data sheet, go collect gear if needed, and begin to chain or rope up/down gear. I was able to help with deconstructing, modifying, and constructing scaffold. It was a good job and I really appreciated the time taken by my journey men and management. you were treated fairly and with respect and were part of the time it was a great experience and I look forward to the next challenge.
Pros
free lunches good people
Cons
camp fish day
Project Manager & NDT Coordinate for Projects
Quality Inspector/Technician (Former Employee) –  CA13 November 2017
Project Manager and NDT Coordination requirements for various on site projects for example Bruce Power Plant, Catholic School Board of Ontario. Keep track of hours, consumables and complete invoicing requirements.
Busy during shutdowns
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 November 2017
Keeps me working, management could care a lot more, people are good to work with, lots of fly in/fly out. More and more updated equipment would be nice
What you learned
Senior Administration (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 September 2017
I learned several pipe wear control systems, it was a hard work in the SUNCOR mines but very fun.
I also learned how to handle the extraction plant, so I can understand the systems for the control of pipe wear, which was my job.
bonne culture
Coordonnatrice - Programme SNT-TC-1A et SST (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 August 2017
Faire confiance au personnel Québecois.
Le directeur du moment n'étais pas qualifié et n'avait pas une bonne approche avec les clients et son personnel.
Good work
NDT Technician, Pickering and Darlington (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2017
Great place to work. Contracts are not the best but the work is straigh foward and relatively easy especially for the money you are paid which is quite high
Leave on a good note and there will always be a job waiting for you.
NDE Inspector (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 July 2017
Acuren has always been one of the top contenders in this industry.

As long as you treat the organization well they will treat you well and will always hire you back when your looking for work.
Good Union Company
NDT Technician (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON24 June 2017
Depends on both your active tickets and the type of work currently held by the company to determine where and for how long you may be working unless of course you live locally where more options are available based on outage technician needs.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Up and down work
Good Union Company
NDT Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 June 2017
Pros
Great money
Cons
Fort McMuraay camp life
Good union company
NDT Technician (Former Employee) –  Ontario24 June 2017
Pros
Good money
Cons
Work is up and down
Good company to work for
Turnaround Mechanical QA Lead Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 May 2017
Carrying out the day to day inspection requirement's for oil & gas refinery.

Good atmosphere to work in with lots of challenges

Working with others in a friendly environment
High Paced Work Environment
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS5 May 2017
Company provides engineering and inspection support to various types of job sites and work scopes, which leads to many opportunities to work with different people in different roles from the various companies that are supported by Acuren's business model.
productive and fun place to work
Inspection Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 March 2017
Getting the crew there work assignment for the day task. I would then schedule new work for my crews. I had to attend meeting for future planning of shut down and maintenance.
Pros
greatt beneifits
Cons
Lots of back stabbing.
Busy but rewarding
Site Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 March 2017
Good, knowledgable employees. Training provided on site and open concept work environment. Extremely busy with days of tight deadlines. Coworkers all supported one another.
great place to work, excellent training and opportunity for advancement
Lvl 2 fitter and ice ninja (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 February 2017
Not sure why people would complain about Acuren/Rat
Not only were they supportive of me during a difficult family separation, they paid excellent wages,provided training opportunity for me even tho there was little chance I would be able to remain I. Their employee due to my family situation. Pay was easily fixable if you reported to the proper channels.
I did notice that some who were employed were given opportunities were not always qualified to be there.
Some people gripe about the weirdest stuff, this is the oil patch not the cabbage patch. So if they don't pamper you as you feel you deserve then go back to subway.
I maintain my relationship with the Rat team and will be ever thankful for the experience I gained while being in their employ!
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Working with people who feel they should be entitled to more despite having NO experience
very good company
NDT Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 February 2017
Has a very good mix of different age people. Fairly friendly working environment. But seems lost some contract in recent years.
Acuren review
Quality Control/ Visual Inspections (Former Employee) –  Come by Chance Refinery8 February 2017
Acuren are a great company to work for. As with all inspection companies there is a ebb and flow of work available. I like that Acuren tries to promote within if they can which gives senior inspectors an opportunity to advance.
Pros
Work availability
Cons
Not steady work