ACUREN GROUP INC. Employee Reviews

Dishonest employer. Only accept if desperate.
Rope Access Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB30 September 2018
As far as rope access companies go they are prob the worst. Travel benefits and wages vary. If your new your wage will be cut while others in the clic will stay the same. No flights for new workers from BC but full flights for same qualified workers from Nova Scotia.

Very exclusive company. Doesn’t treat its employees well. They are slowly losing the monopoly they once had on Rope Access which is a welcomed sight.

There are much better Rooe Access companies to work for who put the importance of employees at least close to that of the company.

BEWARE! Only if you are desperate.
Pros
They
Cons
Poor management, low moral on jobs
poor management and nothing but lies.
CEDO (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB1 September 2018
Worked with them for 2.5 years and hated most of my time there. Management plays favourites and doesn’t even try and hide it, if you bring up a problem you get told it’s not their problem. Get told there is lots of work but there is none, there is absolutely no schedule. Non stop cutbacks on employee income to ensure company profit. I would never suggest anyone to work here ever.
Pros
Co-workers aren’t terrible to work with
Cons
employees well being always comes second.
Job Descriptions are not Accurate
Turnover Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 March 2018
I was surprised when they called me because I never applied to this company. I wasn't interviewed at all. The job description and the actual position were polar opposites. I worked at 6 nights and 1 day off rotation 12 hour shifts which meant I had to book all my check ups and family time into the day that got to recuperate. No other shifts were available. They had safety meetings every night which was good. I loved getting to know the other employees. However NDT reporting was the only thing I had to do all day long. I was writing up engineering reports that I didn't understand. There was only one day of training and no other help from the management team. There was no one to ask on nights. Great pay and camp was provided for certain employees that wanted it. Busing was provided for employees on a 7pm to 7 am shift. **Only down side was being stabbed in the back by a NDT technician who stole my position and got me fired. I returned my suncor badge to them but never got my personal belongings returned to me.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Virtually no days off
great place to work, knowledgable co workers, lots of room for advancement
NDT Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 April 2018
great place to work, lots of room for advancement, positive work environment. lots of different areas to excel in. Staff always willing to teach and help advance.
Rope Access Technician, NDT- UT level 1 (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 February 2018
- Lack of work
- Major cutbacks
- Different salaries for employees with same skills
- Hard to reach management
- No job security
- No reimbursement for travel abroad
less stress
Condition Base Monitoring Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB30 June 2014
The company is fair enough to its employees. Can get additional knowledge to dealing with other people.
Pros
good camaraderie among workers
A rewarding work place
NDT Inspector (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB21 June 2014
12-Hour work day - 10 days in and 10 days out work rotation. Very systematic and result orientated work schedule with client's satisfaction as topmost priority
Learned to be result-driven and innovative
Project is well managed
Co-workers were like family, teaming up to support each other
Thickness measurement of slurry pipeline with chromium carbide overlay was challenging at first but later became second nature
Most enjoyable part of the job is when the client says "good job"
A great NDT company
NDT Technician (Current Employee) –  Canada17 July 2017
A great NDT company to work for. Professional, highly trained inspectors. Union company. Good wages. Many offices accross the country. One would be lucky to be employed by Acuren.
An interesting fun company.
Non Destructive Technician - Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC9 September 2015
I enjoyed my employment with Acuren, my fellow coworkers, the quality of the tools i was provided, and the ongoing mentorship within the organisation.