ACTRA

ACTRA Employee Reviews

Interesting and fun, lots of downtime on set
Working with Actra was an incredible experience leading to many places all over the world, and a lasting relationship with the industry. Also a large amount of coworkers in the industry.
Great benefits, great work environment
I've been working with ACTRA for over 10 years, and my experiences have been mostly great. They really take care of their employees, and work together to make achieve common goals.
Productive & Fun Sets
Lots of variety in roles given working with different personnel to complete scenes ie.Electrics,Lighting,Special Effects,Directors,Fellow Performers including lots of co-operating to accomplish goals in a timely manner :)
Limited Work
Very difficult to manage finding enough work and other jobs. Background work is limited, would need basically a full time job until you're able to make your big break.
Fun and Constantly Changing
You get to work your own hours and meet new people every single day. You get fed amazing food and get treated very well. You get to be apart of constant productions that you get to see eventually on t.v or going to the movies with friends and family.
Pros
Meeting new people, Free food, Fun, Seeing yourself on t.v
Cons
You're not guaranteed work
was great to be in movies
was amazing to be in movies , i really enjoyed the whole process of acting and being treated like an actor the food they provided for you, to all the exciting memories and scenes ive taken part in and shared with important friends to me in life.
Pros
free lunch, and seeing movie stars walk right beside me
Cons
the times of work were spiratic during the night and the day
good pay easy job
background work with actra is easy as long as you can follow basic instructions and are always on time otherwise you could miss your scene
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lots off waiting time
Promotional model and Actor at ACTRA
Fun and enjoyable workplace, everyone was unique, we all worked together to promote the sales of our company while upselling to our customers. Displaying the role of my given character and helping others in the same field of experience
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Laid back but not challenging enough
A typic day would consist of filming various scenes inside and outside. I would typically be filming a scene for 3 hours then have a 15 minute break. This would continue on until everything on that days docket had been filmed. Work days were generally 9-15 hours.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Not mentally stimulating enough