Active Care Management

Active Care Management Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews

Fine

It’s fine. Not completely fulfilling but allowed me to build experience. There is definitely room for improvement. Could be better for sure. But overall not bad.

Work here at your own risk!

Terrible atmosphere. Very few enjoy their job, so everyone is negative. Managers are on a power trip. Rules change day to day. No one notices when you go the extra mile, but notice immediately if something is missed. Great job if you're an butt kisser. Worst job I ever had!

Insights into Active Care Management

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Don’t Waste Your Time

This company pays you a laughable wage and expects the world from you. They are constantly changing and adding to your responsibilities and moving employees to new departments. Forget trying to advance within the company, regardless of how hard you work, it’s all about who you know here and how long you’ve worked here to keep you happy. Higher up positions always go to an outside hire because the experience you will get at this company is worthless and does not translate to professional positions or positions outside of the organization. Please don’t waste your time with this company - I am stuck here with no opportunities and wish I had never taken this job.

Pros

Flexible schedule, work from home available

Cons

Everything else

Never Practice What They Preach

They love to talk about how it's "about the person" but will always prioritize the money. Management does not respect employees or even seem to value them as human beings with opinions. Pay is absurdly low for the extreme stress caused by any positions where you communicate with the client directly. Upper management was told that company wide our salaries are not appropriate for the work we do, yet no action was taken. Same for transparency, they promised to do better and then did nothing. Do not expect anyone to ever care about you or your mental health.

Cons

Inconsistent scheduling, no respect from management, absurdly underpaid, very high stress

Making a difference

Never a dull moment with this company. Being able to adapt, learn quickly, and remain composed during crisis situations, are skills I used on a day to day basis. As a front line staff, I worked with some of the most high risk youth in this province - we were very busy, our managers seemed TEN times busier, upper management even more high stress. I personally enjoyed the fast paced environment and diversity of the youth. Front line youth workers are given a variety of resources to work at, scheduling does their best to place people based on youth needs and staff’s own preference. No union, which is great, no extra fees.The company grew hard and fast, managers were tasked to train employees themselves because the company hires individuals with one year experience etc. Pay is great considering you don’t need a degree to get a job here. I was given the chance to work with these youth and now turned this opportunity into a career path. Honestly, this job is difficult because the clients are so vulnerable, the stress is not for everyone, but end of the day .. I’ve never felt more rewarded in my life. Highly recommend!

Overall

Productive fun workplace. Good wages, excellent training ! Continuous improvement when good effort is put in. Good level of recognition. Friendly management and leadership

Management is a boys club attitude & company is a mess

Management operates as a boys club mentality and they cannot think on their own or act independent of each other. They have to be constantly reminded to follow up with their task. No such thing as boundaries - they will email/text late at night because something was overlooked. They are slow to act on projects, no sense of urgency or that others are waiting on them to get their work done. They will not say hello or acknowledge you. If they do, they talk to employees as though they are beneath them.

Management is a mess

Management really tries to sell it in the hiring and training process. Once your on the phones you soon realize why they provide counselling and why there is a high turn over rate. There isn’t even sufficient parking for 80 percent of the staff.

Fast pace, lack of training

Ok place to work, but their training crew was disorganized, and had no proper process in training. You would get info you needed after you were answering phones.

Interesting place to work, never a dull moment!

Could be stressful at times and very busy. But because of the variety of calls we received it was never boring. I also enjoyed working in a team environment.

Toxic

I worked at ACM for a while. This place is the definition of a toxic environment. Selected employees only advance in the company, and for that to happen, you have to be part of inner circles and cliques. Hard working employees get nowhere at ACM and are not appreciated any any way. Pay is minimal for the amount of work and the schedule is horrible. Management is a MESS

Poor pay structure puts ACM behind in this industry

You do get good practical experience in any department you work in however workload to pay is severely out of balance. The hours are steady and sometimes overtime is available but they typically ask you to bank that time off rather than pay you it. Advancement is rare and in most cases not even worth the minor bump in salary.

Pros

Steady hours

Cons

The overwhelming majority of employees are substantially underpaid

Enjoyable work environment

Great place to have a slow paced job, make good connections and have a steady work shift. Con is very limited space for career advancement and low retention rate

Pros

good hours

Cons

low retention rate

great hours the rest not so much

great hours/weekends off Not much room for advancement Management asks too much for what you make No matter how much you give they always expect more Pay is low for workload and responsibilities

Typical Day at Work

open, sort, scan and upload physical mail documents read, upload and respond to client's emails and/or faxes make phone calls to clients and other insurance companies filing all necessary documents received in office using the mail postage machine & sending out couriers

Don’t work here

They expect way too much from their employees for the very little wages they pay. They make you feel like your an asset and doing well, but prevent you from moving up to a better position. They throw more work and responsibilities at you, but course, no pay raise to reflect it

Fun with youth

Working with youth was very enjoyable. I fully enjoyed my job with youth and support staff. Management above was at times a bit confusing. The company has been around for over 25 years. When I first started we had fewer group homes. With in the year we went from 10- 25+ home across BC. I feel the office environment could work on work ethic, kindness, thanking staff for their job well done. I gave many compliments to my support staff. I find praise goes along ways.

Pros

awesome youth and support staff

Cons

no direct deposit

glorified call center with low wage.

Bad: -low wage (SUTHERLAND's wage is higher) -new management is not that great -don't feel appreciated Good: -work schedule is great -most people in the office are nice - location is great

Run by an unteated bipolar manager.

I had the displeasure of working for this company an left after less than a yea. The manage quite obviously suffered from manic depression which needed serious treatment. She would take tuns berating people at will when in one of he depressive modes. Was a pleasure however when in manic mode.

Pros

very few

Cons

see description

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Active Care Management. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement