Active Business Services logo
Active Business Services

Active Business Services Employee Reviews

New but learning a lot!

I only recently took this job after working in a similar industry, and although it's a little challenging to catch up to the rest of the team, I'm learning a lot and don't feel like it isn't manageable. The managers are happy to help and I like my coworkers.

Pros

Great co-workers

Cons

I'ts a lot to learn in a short period of time

Opportunities for growth and advancement

Great people, solid income and benefits, opportunity for growth, management helpful, professionalism. I started here in 2016 working as an appointment setter and moved my way up to a consultant. Honestly I never thought my career would take me to learning and relaying information about energy rates and how to reduce costs, but here I am. I attribute my career shift to some of the mentors at the company who taught me what I know today … my interest in becoming an energy consultant peaked about 3 years ago but Im still very much into the energy industry. I almost call myself an energy nerd now.

Good environment

My observations from working here for a short time (3 months): The environment is that of a very tight knit team. The people here work to ensure that the jobs are completed and done right. They communicate with each other on a regular basis and make sure you are in the know.

Good people and interesting work

The people are what make this company a nice place to work. My colleague in the field was eager to show me the ropes when I first started the job. I had been working for another company for over 20 years, so I was nervous about making such a big change, but they were ready to answer my questions and mentor me until I was up to speed. I really value a working culture that promotes teamwork rather than the each man for themselves mentality. I have been working here for more than four years now and can truly say that management cares about the growth of their employees both personally and professionally.

1 year in and still enjoying my job

Active Business Services is one of the better places I've worked. From the people and leadership to the values and mission, I am happy. I have experienced career development and built good relationships. Glad I left my old job and took this one.

Great working environment and encouraging people

Flexible, good benefits, lots of overtime. I enjoy my role at Active Business Services because it allows me to help others and get out in the field. You can always bounce an idea or concern off of management or a coworker and feel supported.

Mentorship and training top notch

I’ve only been working for Active Business Services for about 6 months but in that time I already feel as though I’ve grown professionally. Unlike some of the jobs I’ve started in the past, there is adequate training so you don’t feel like you are lost and overwhelmed. There was one person in particular who was there to show me the ropes and mentor me until I felt comfortable doing the job on my own.

Pros

The company is progressive and always looking to improve in every area.

Cons

stagnant desk position

Fair, flexible and forward-thinking

Management does a good job in providing a diverse and accepting work environment. They’ve really made it a point to offer opportunities for everyone - from employee incentives to hiring a range of diverse staff - i really enjoy being around a group of people that can contribute in different ways based on their background. I’ve worked at many places in my career life, Active Business Services being one of the best. Great culture. Everyone works together as a team.

Good People, Solid Working Environment

I have worked at Active Business Services for nearly a year. During this time, I have seen so many others be promoted and think this is a great place to grow if you are motivated and have a positive attitude.

Worked here until I retired

Worked for ABS for 8 years until my retirement. The company has been great and offers competitive pay, as well as plenty of opportunities for advancement.

Jobs at Active Business Services

See more jobs

Pretty Supportive Environment Which Can Be Hard To Find

Positive work culture. Everyone has each other's backs. That’s hard to find in the workplace anymore. I have a bunch of years of experience but was looking for a career change and was hired on about 6 months ago as an analyst. The training is on par and you learn the job inside and out before going out into the field. so far i really like my job here.

Motivated to learn

They invest in the employee as long as you show motivation to keep learning. Active Business Services take care of their employees and treat them as a family member.

Good company culture

I have been an analyst for 2 years and I think the company has been great and is constantly improving. good pay, and a lot of opportunities for advancement. If you want to learn the ins and outs of the energy industry, this is a good place to start.

Growing with plenty of work

The work environment was professional and friendly. The people were good to work with, and everyone I think understood the company objectives. overall the employees roll up their sleeves and get the work done.

Work with real meaning

Learning more about energy management is the main reason why I joined this company. I learned plenty while there and I’m glad to say that I think it helped me create a real career in the industry. Join this company if you’re willing to learn.

Productive work environment

Have been working for 9 months here. the company has a positive workplace culture that recognizes personal and team achievement. If you like a friendly yet competitive work environment with potential job advancement its a company to consider...

Great place for growth

The thing that I got most out of my time at this company is from a professional growth standpoint. When I started with the company I had a lot to learn and a minimal understanding of business in general. Now 3 years in, I'm viewed as an expert in my role with the company.

Pros

Room for advancement

Cons

Long commute

Good Employer, Freedom to do your Job

Involved in several different aspects of the company as an energy consultant. Work with management, sales, administrative staff, and customers to devise energy procurement plans. Given significant freedom to go into the field to gather information on different jobs.

Enjoyed helping customers and coworkers

A typical day at work was to visit customers at their business locations. It’s satisfying when you can help someone save money, and I generally enjoy what I do--liked making a difference that way. I have also formed friendships with my coworkers and you can really rely on each other for problem solving.

Good Company to work for

Current employee, good place to work, great pay and great hours. Has a good agreement with employees, great benefits. Management is experienced and always there to help.

Pros

make a lot of money

Cons

hard work

Becareful they are professional Liars

pay rate is 15 to 16 per hour dont be fooled by their management with their made up numbers of how much they make They are Professional Liars! they give you no legal Job letter with offer, no benefits. pay is 2 days late at least once a month

Pros

nice looking office

Cons

Long hours, management are Liars, No room to advance, dead end job
  • Active Business Services