Active Business Services logo

Active Business Services Work-life balance reviews

Clear
4.1Pay & benefits

There is opportunity here

Worked at ABS for a while as a sales rep. Good workplace and good people. The training was actually helpful. Gave me what I needed to advance my career. Would recommend to someone looking for a stable job.

Exciting new career

I had worked as an analyst for many years before I was hired by ABS a few months ago. It was the right call for me. The team here is smart and supportive. From what I can tell, and from what coworkers have told me, I can grow my career here. Feeling good about my future prospects.

Challenging but Comfortable

Some people have moved on over the years here but I've been so happy with my experience, I've stayed since I was a junior sales rep years ago! The work is challenging but I like a challenge. Overall I'm very comfortable here and not looking to leave anytime soon.

Pros

I feel challenged but am very happy with the work I get to do

Cons

It can get very busy but it's fine as long as you can keep up

Productive workplace

I really believe the training I got during my early days set me up for a bright future here. The company gives you all of the tools you need to succeed, but you have to be good at talking to people, too. That's just the nature of the sales business. I've seen other employees being rewarded for their hard work and have been rewarded myself.

Pros

Lots of room for growth

Cons

The training can be intense but it honestly is worth all the time and effort.

Room for Growth

I've worked for Active Business Services for a little over 2 years. During that time I've been pretty happy overall. I learned very quickly that although the team around me works independently, they are there if you need help or assistance. A couple weeks ago for example I wasn't sure how to navigate some new software. I told management and they gave me a person to contact to guide me through the program that very same day. That kind of support is hard to find in the workplace where some people tend to be cutthroat.

Pros

Opportunity to grow, incentives, good team

Cons

I honestly don't have any, I'm happy here!

Committed Team

I've never been part of a team that cared so much about everyone doing well, and wasn't just about being out for yourself and getting the most commissions no matter what everyone else is doing. A rising tide lifts all boats.

Pros

Very supportive team, room for growth.

Cons

You can work some long hours but I personally don't mind.

Focused on teamwork

A good team can definitely make or break your job, and I really lucked out with Active. Most of the people here are committed to the company and work hard and willing to help others. As an analyst, I'm regularly meeting with clients. But I also spend a lot of time with coworkers, so it really helps to work with genuinely friendly people.

Pros

Relatively new office in this area, which makes it all the more exciting.

Cons

parking can sometimes be challenging

Growth potential

I really feel like I've grown as an employee since I started with Active Business Services. As with anything, sometimes it comes down to what you put into an experience. I think I've definitely improved in sales since my time here and I think that has something to do with my own effort and the company's relatively encouraging environment.

Pros

Positive and friendly environment

Cons

Lots of training when you first begin, but tapers off after a while; could use more regularly scheduled training meetings

Solid Company

great place to learn about the energy sector, good benefits, consistency in promotions and recognition for strong performers. i'm happy working here.

Pros

best managers and colleagues i have ever worked with- really

Cons

sometimes work long hours

A genuinely nice place to work and grow

ABS employs bright individuals who make it a breeze to work with. I used to work in another department here but was promoted about 3 years ago. I like working with the public and hope to stay here for a while.

Pros

employees recognized for good work, room for advancement

Cons

small office space but in a good location

Challenging work and room for advancement

So many different career paths to choose from. Very much about making sure their employees are happy, satisfied & taken care of. Plenty of opportunity to grow and climb within the company

Pros

Provide you with the materials you need to do your do job, and to continue to grow and learn with the company

Cons

Every place has its quirks, but there is nothing here that would deter someone from taking a job with our company

Opportunities for growth and advancement

Great people, solid income and benefits, opportunity for growth, management helpful, professionalism. I started here in 2016 working as an appointment setter and moved my way up to a consultant. Honestly I never thought my career would take me to learning and relaying information about energy rates and how to reduce costs, but here I am. I attribute my career shift to some of the mentors at the company who taught me what I know today … my interest in becoming an energy consultant peaked about 3 years ago but Im still very much into the energy industry. I almost call myself an energy nerd now.

Good people and interesting work

The people are what make this company a nice place to work. My colleague in the field was eager to show me the ropes when I first started the job. I had been working for another company for over 20 years, so I was nervous about making such a big change, but they were ready to answer my questions and mentor me until I was up to speed. I really value a working culture that promotes teamwork rather than the each man for themselves mentality. I have been working here for more than four years now and can truly say that management cares about the growth of their employees both personally and professionally.

1 year in and still enjoying my job

Active Business Services is one of the better places I've worked. From the people and leadership to the values and mission, I am happy. I have experienced career development and built good relationships. Glad I left my old job and took this one.

Mentorship and training top notch

I’ve only been working for Active Business Services for about 6 months but in that time I already feel as though I’ve grown professionally. Unlike some of the jobs I’ve started in the past, there is adequate training so you don’t feel like you are lost and overwhelmed. There was one person in particular who was there to show me the ropes and mentor me until I felt comfortable doing the job on my own.

Pros

The company is progressive and always looking to improve in every area.

Cons

stagnant desk position

Fair, flexible and forward-thinking

Management does a good job in providing a diverse and accepting work environment. They’ve really made it a point to offer opportunities for everyone - from employee incentives to hiring a range of diverse staff - i really enjoy being around a group of people that can contribute in different ways based on their background. I’ve worked at many places in my career life, Active Business Services being one of the best. Great culture. Everyone works together as a team.

Worked here until I retired

Worked for ABS for 8 years until my retirement. The company has been great and offers competitive pay, as well as plenty of opportunities for advancement.

Good company culture

I have been an analyst for 2 years and I think the company has been great and is constantly improving. good pay, and a lot of opportunities for advancement. If you want to learn the ins and outs of the energy industry, this is a good place to start.

Growing with plenty of work

The work environment was professional and friendly. The people were good to work with, and everyone I think understood the company objectives. overall the employees roll up their sleeves and get the work done.

Work with real meaning

Learning more about energy management is the main reason why I joined this company. I learned plenty while there and I’m glad to say that I think it helped me create a real career in the industry. Join this company if you’re willing to learn.

Productive work environment

Have been working for 9 months here. the company has a positive workplace culture that recognizes personal and team achievement. If you like a friendly yet competitive work environment with potential job advancement its a company to consider...
  • Active Business Services