Active Business Services logo
Active Business Services

Active Business Services Management reviews

Clear

Company that cares about its people

Active allows their young employees to gain good experience early, which is what gave me the opportunity to move up. Over the years they have been open with communication and listen and make changes based on employees input. Overall, a place to learn and challenge yourself. Coworkers and management are supportive and make you feel like a member of the team from the start.

Pros

They definitely care about the whole team doing well

Cons

The office is a little small but I've come to appreciate working so closely with coworkers

I'm Very Happy Working Here

I wasn't sure what to expect of the office environment at Active after leaving a toxic workplace before taking their offer, but I didn't need to worry. The environment here is the total opposite and I feel like a valued member of the team from the top down. Before I left my last position at my previous company, I literally wanted to quit everyday. The management was condescending and the overall morale was very, very low. Now I'm talked to like I'm a human being and what's more important, I am getting positive feedback about my work. Such a breath of fresh air!

Pros

Very team-oriented and superiors make it known when they're happy with your work

Cons

It's a smaller office than my last job but I don't mind

Room for Growth

I've worked for Active Business Services for a little over 2 years. During that time I've been pretty happy overall. I learned very quickly that although the team around me works independently, they are there if you need help or assistance. A couple weeks ago for example I wasn't sure how to navigate some new software. I told management and they gave me a person to contact to guide me through the program that very same day. That kind of support is hard to find in the workplace where some people tend to be cutthroat.

Pros

Opportunity to grow, incentives, good team

Cons

I honestly don't have any, I'm happy here!

Low turnover rate, employees treated fairly

I work in sales at Active Business Services. Having had a horrible experience at my last sales job (the manager was a tyrant) I am happy to be working at a place where the sales people are treated like humans, not robots. You are given adequate training here too. The turnover rate, which is notoriously high in most sales positions, seems to be low here. That tells you something.

Pros

Nice working environment

Cons

Opportunity w/ plenty of potential

I have been working at Active Business Services for 5 years. The atmosphere is employee friendly and management is always looking for ways to improve. Flexibility with schedule and great opportunity for growth if you are willing to apply yourself.

Pros

Working with very smart people, great culture.

Cons

Encourage management to continue to listen to employee feedback

Nice company to work for

I switched jobs mid career. I have years of experience working in a chemical processing plant but due to middle management cutbacks, I was forced out with severance pay (thankfully). It took me a good 6 months to find the position at Active Business Services but I’m so glad everything worked out. I’ve been with the company for short of a year and really enjoy the change of pace from my last job. I get to interact with customers more than before and get out of the office. You can tell the team really gets along and has each others backs. They even do game nights outside of work - so i like that sort of family atmosphere.

Pros

Flexible, Good wages, Collaborative work, environment Fun

Cons

my personal commute time

Opportunities for growth and advancement

Great people, solid income and benefits, opportunity for growth, management helpful, professionalism. I started here in 2016 working as an appointment setter and moved my way up to a consultant. Honestly I never thought my career would take me to learning and relaying information about energy rates and how to reduce costs, but here I am. I attribute my career shift to some of the mentors at the company who taught me what I know today … my interest in becoming an energy consultant peaked about 3 years ago but Im still very much into the energy industry. I almost call myself an energy nerd now.

Good people and interesting work

The people are what make this company a nice place to work. My colleague in the field was eager to show me the ropes when I first started the job. I had been working for another company for over 20 years, so I was nervous about making such a big change, but they were ready to answer my questions and mentor me until I was up to speed. I really value a working culture that promotes teamwork rather than the each man for themselves mentality. I have been working here for more than four years now and can truly say that management cares about the growth of their employees both personally and professionally.

Great working environment and encouraging people

Flexible, good benefits, lots of overtime. I enjoy my role at Active Business Services because it allows me to help others and get out in the field. You can always bounce an idea or concern off of management or a coworker and feel supported.

Fair, flexible and forward-thinking

Management does a good job in providing a diverse and accepting work environment. They’ve really made it a point to offer opportunities for everyone - from employee incentives to hiring a range of diverse staff - i really enjoy being around a group of people that can contribute in different ways based on their background. I’ve worked at many places in my career life, Active Business Services being one of the best. Great culture. Everyone works together as a team.

Jobs at Active Business Services

See more jobs

Work with real meaning

Learning more about energy management is the main reason why I joined this company. I learned plenty while there and I’m glad to say that I think it helped me create a real career in the industry. Join this company if you’re willing to learn.

Good Employer, Freedom to do your Job

Involved in several different aspects of the company as an energy consultant. Work with management, sales, administrative staff, and customers to devise energy procurement plans. Given significant freedom to go into the field to gather information on different jobs.

Good Company to work for

Current employee, good place to work, great pay and great hours. Has a good agreement with employees, great benefits. Management is experienced and always there to help.

Pros

make a lot of money

Cons

hard work

Becareful they are professional Liars

pay rate is 15 to 16 per hour dont be fooled by their management with their made up numbers of how much they make They are Professional Liars! they give you no legal Job letter with offer, no benefits. pay is 2 days late at least once a month

Pros

nice looking office

Cons

Long hours, management are Liars, No room to advance, dead end job

Productive sales environment due to lack of close supervion.

My work with Active Business Services entailed contacting senior executives and independent entrepreneurs and represent various energy plans for electricity and natural gas. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaning the secrets of technical analysis which permitted me to identify the 13.5 year low on the price of natural gas ($1.99US mmbtu).. A typical work day included making 150/200 cold calls per day, which would result in 50 conversation with businessmen and an average of one to two appointments per day. The workplace culture was enjoyable for commeraderie of the salesmen and the supportive attitude of the management.

Pros

Freedom from close superviion and flexibility in working hours.

Cons

The posiiton was straight commission with no base salary.

Bad place

No room for growth. They are liars and thieves. Don't keep their word even if you've worked there for many years. Turn over is extremely high.Would never recommend this place.

Fantastic Management

I would like to thank Active Business for their fantastic Management. The staff helps me so much in the workplace whenever I involve in problem. Great staff of Active Business always be active and very helpful exceptional. I have been working here since more than one year it is really great for being here.

Exceptional

Opportunity is here if you can work hard and surpass expectations. I’ve learned a lot from my colleagues and from management. I think the company will be a great base to build a career from.

Terrible company

No formal training Terrible Support Director of sales doesn't even sell or have a record of selling. (Madhav) Micro Managing Terrible culture Worst work experience of my life. I strongly advise to steer clear ( I have 9 year sales experience and watched 6 reps leave in 5 months time. *Had multiple times to close deal but company reputation sabotaged them. Don't waste your time.

Pros

Cons

Way to many to list.

Amazing

I consider working at this company to be a highlight of my career. The company provides excellent working environments and opportunity to advance. If you're motivated, work hard and achieve results, management will recognize that and reward accordingly. I've personally experienced that.

This company is a scam.

If you have no integrity you could probably make some decent money here scamming people. Before you take a job here take a look at the company's history and the history of the CEO (the court documents are available online)

Pros

They will support your scam as long as it benefits them.

Cons

You won't be able to tell your children what you do for a living (honestly)
  • Active Business Services