Active Business Services logo
Active Business Services

Active Business Services Culture reviews

Clear

Fast-paced

I wasn't 100 percent sure this was the field I wanted to go into, but soon as I started at Active, I felt at home and the team and work here really solidified for me that this is what I wanted to do.

Pros

Great company culture and supportive team

Cons

It can be a little fast-paced, but you get used to it

Focused on teamwork

A good team can definitely make or break your job, and I really lucked out with Active. Most of the people here are committed to the company and work hard and willing to help others. As an analyst, I'm regularly meeting with clients. But I also spend a lot of time with coworkers, so it really helps to work with genuinely friendly people.

Pros

Relatively new office in this area, which makes it all the more exciting.

Cons

parking can sometimes be challenging

Opportunity w/ plenty of potential

I have been working at Active Business Services for 5 years. The atmosphere is employee friendly and management is always looking for ways to improve. Flexibility with schedule and great opportunity for growth if you are willing to apply yourself.

Pros

Working with very smart people, great culture.

Cons

Encourage management to continue to listen to employee feedback

Good people and interesting work

The people are what make this company a nice place to work. My colleague in the field was eager to show me the ropes when I first started the job. I had been working for another company for over 20 years, so I was nervous about making such a big change, but they were ready to answer my questions and mentor me until I was up to speed. I really value a working culture that promotes teamwork rather than the each man for themselves mentality. I have been working here for more than four years now and can truly say that management cares about the growth of their employees both personally and professionally.

Fair, flexible and forward-thinking

Management does a good job in providing a diverse and accepting work environment. They’ve really made it a point to offer opportunities for everyone - from employee incentives to hiring a range of diverse staff - i really enjoy being around a group of people that can contribute in different ways based on their background. I’ve worked at many places in my career life, Active Business Services being one of the best. Great culture. Everyone works together as a team.

Good People, Solid Working Environment

I have worked at Active Business Services for nearly a year. During this time, I have seen so many others be promoted and think this is a great place to grow if you are motivated and have a positive attitude.

Worked here until I retired

Worked for ABS for 8 years until my retirement. The company has been great and offers competitive pay, as well as plenty of opportunities for advancement.

Pretty Supportive Environment Which Can Be Hard To Find

Positive work culture. Everyone has each other's backs. That’s hard to find in the workplace anymore. I have a bunch of years of experience but was looking for a career change and was hired on about 6 months ago as an analyst. The training is on par and you learn the job inside and out before going out into the field. so far i really like my job here.

Growing with plenty of work

The work environment was professional and friendly. The people were good to work with, and everyone I think understood the company objectives. overall the employees roll up their sleeves and get the work done.

Productive work environment

Have been working for 9 months here. the company has a positive workplace culture that recognizes personal and team achievement. If you like a friendly yet competitive work environment with potential job advancement its a company to consider...

Jobs at Active Business Services

See more jobs

Fun

Great time working there - staff was great and it was all about a positive work environment. Was just to far away from home for me but all around a great experience with great people.

Productive sales environment due to lack of close supervion.

My work with Active Business Services entailed contacting senior executives and independent entrepreneurs and represent various energy plans for electricity and natural gas. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaning the secrets of technical analysis which permitted me to identify the 13.5 year low on the price of natural gas ($1.99US mmbtu).. A typical work day included making 150/200 cold calls per day, which would result in 50 conversation with businessmen and an average of one to two appointments per day. The workplace culture was enjoyable for commeraderie of the salesmen and the supportive attitude of the management.

Pros

Freedom from close superviion and flexibility in working hours.

Cons

The posiiton was straight commission with no base salary.

Productive and fun workplace!

Great environment, great team! The experiences and knowledge of an office environment was very valuable in later aspects of my career. It was thanks to them i learned how to deal with customers and provide great customer care!

Pros

Great People

Cons

Time differences, later hours

Fantastic Management

I would like to thank Active Business for their fantastic Management. The staff helps me so much in the workplace whenever I involve in problem. Great staff of Active Business always be active and very helpful exceptional. I have been working here since more than one year it is really great for being here.

Terrible company

No formal training Terrible Support Director of sales doesn't even sell or have a record of selling. (Madhav) Micro Managing Terrible culture Worst work experience of my life. I strongly advise to steer clear ( I have 9 year sales experience and watched 6 reps leave in 5 months time. *Had multiple times to close deal but company reputation sabotaged them. Don't waste your time.

Pros

Cons

Way to many to list.

Amazing

I consider working at this company to be a highlight of my career. The company provides excellent working environments and opportunity to advance. If you're motivated, work hard and achieve results, management will recognize that and reward accordingly. I've personally experienced that.

lots of experience

Lots of very smart staff working at this company, so internal advancement can be more competitive than at other companies. The company provides lots of experience for employees & advancement opportunities.

Lots of very smart staff working at this company, so internal advancement can be more competitive than at other companies. We are very happy with their work. Thank you.

They work real nice

The companies actively look for the top talent in the industry and are willing to keep top talent through competitive compensation and benefits. After working at the company for more than five years, I continue to see Active Business Service attracting some of the brightest minds in the business. I don't see that changing any time soon.

Felt comfortable

Excellent place to work & research facilities. Team members who I respect and learn from and get along with. Pay I'm personally comfortable with. Thumbs up!!!

Reliable and efficient

It's a big company and it does take time to get a feel for the culture, all the different departments and how you fit into things. With that about, I had a great experience and happy to work and I am happy with the staff. And have a great future. Thank you Active Business Services.
  • Active Business Services