Active Business Services logo
Active Business Services

Active Business Services Employee Reviews for Inside Sales Representative

Growth potential

I really feel like I've grown as an employee since I started with Active Business Services. As with anything, sometimes it comes down to what you put into an experience. I think I've definitely improved in sales since my time here and I think that has something to do with my own effort and the company's relatively encouraging environment.

Pros

Positive and friendly environment

Cons

Lots of training when you first begin, but tapers off after a while; could use more regularly scheduled training meetings

Low turnover rate, employees treated fairly

I work in sales at Active Business Services. Having had a horrible experience at my last sales job (the manager was a tyrant) I am happy to be working at a place where the sales people are treated like humans, not robots. You are given adequate training here too. The turnover rate, which is notoriously high in most sales positions, seems to be low here. That tells you something.

Pros

Nice working environment

Good environment

My observations from working here for a short time (3 months): The environment is that of a very tight knit team. The people here work to ensure that the jobs are completed and done right. They communicate with each other on a regular basis and make sure you are in the know.

Fair, flexible and forward-thinking

Management does a good job in providing a diverse and accepting work environment. They’ve really made it a point to offer opportunities for everyone - from employee incentives to hiring a range of diverse staff - i really enjoy being around a group of people that can contribute in different ways based on their background. I’ve worked at many places in my career life, Active Business Services being one of the best. Great culture. Everyone works together as a team.

Productive sales environment due to lack of close supervion.

My work with Active Business Services entailed contacting senior executives and independent entrepreneurs and represent various energy plans for electricity and natural gas. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaning the secrets of technical analysis which permitted me to identify the 13.5 year low on the price of natural gas ($1.99US mmbtu).. A typical work day included making 150/200 cold calls per day, which would result in 50 conversation with businessmen and an average of one to two appointments per day. The workplace culture was enjoyable for commeraderie of the salesmen and the supportive attitude of the management.

Pros

Freedom from close superviion and flexibility in working hours.

Cons

The posiiton was straight commission with no base salary.

False Promises

This company has a tremendous turnaround. Unprofessional atmosphere and not enough outside sales staff competent in closing sales set by inside agents. Therefore, not a big money maker. Would not recommend this company.

Pros

More knowledgable of enery sector

Cons

No money to be made

Active Energy is a good environment to work in. The people are very nice, lots of room to move up in the company. Someone wrote you dont get a base after 90 days which is untrue, and yes each person gets their own desk and phone. The person who wrote that must not have been able to do the job correctly that's why they didn't see any money. You can make a lot of money at Active Energy. The people who dont make it in life are the followers.

Pros

money, advancement, life changing

Cons

hard work

Inside Sales Review

This company misleads its customers and its employees. They are advertising a base pay plus comission. They are only paying commision no base for 90 days. After that they are paying 240$/week. The office is in shambles. They dont have desks they dont have computeres for the agents. Youll have to bring your own laptop.You will be standing up in a back room with noi desk no proper chair not even a headset.. Completly unprofessional form a-z.....

Pros

no pros

Cons

no pay no office no technology all paper scam job

Inside sales advanced to outside(former)

I have read reviews on this company, and I do not find it accurate. I would imagine the ones who wrote the review just didn't get there way. I started as a inside sales agent in November of 2013. they always treated me as a important member at there office. they worked hard to ensure customers were taken care off an were very clear on details with the customers. they only work on the business's. for the ones who said the business has lied, doesn't make any sence because in order to keep your licencing you must always be honest and fix any complaints you have with the Ontario energy board. so if the business was misleading they wouldn't be able to operate. I was able to advance as an outside agent very quickly. an due to my own illnesses I had to take a break away from active. but they are one place I will stand up for, I had a great experience.

Pros

flexible, honest, reliable

• Active Business Services