Active Business Services logo
Active Business Services

Active Business Services Employee Reviews for Energy Consultant

New but learning a lot!

I only recently took this job after working in a similar industry, and although it's a little challenging to catch up to the rest of the team, I'm learning a lot and don't feel like it isn't manageable. The managers are happy to help and I like my coworkers.

Pros

Great co-workers

Cons

I'ts a lot to learn in a short period of time

Exciting new career

I had worked as an analyst for many years before I was hired by ABS a few months ago. It was the right call for me. The team here is smart and supportive. From what I can tell, and from what coworkers have told me, I can grow my career here. Feeling good about my future prospects.

Fast-paced

I wasn't 100 percent sure this was the field I wanted to go into, but soon as I started at Active, I felt at home and the team and work here really solidified for me that this is what I wanted to do.

Pros

Great company culture and supportive team

Cons

It can be a little fast-paced, but you get used to it

A genuinely nice place to work and grow

ABS employs bright individuals who make it a breeze to work with. I used to work in another department here but was promoted about 3 years ago. I like working with the public and hope to stay here for a while.

Pros

employees recognized for good work, room for advancement

Cons

small office space but in a good location

Nice company to work for

I switched jobs mid career. I have years of experience working in a chemical processing plant but due to middle management cutbacks, I was forced out with severance pay (thankfully). It took me a good 6 months to find the position at Active Business Services but I’m so glad everything worked out. I’ve been with the company for short of a year and really enjoy the change of pace from my last job. I get to interact with customers more than before and get out of the office. You can tell the team really gets along and has each others backs. They even do game nights outside of work - so i like that sort of family atmosphere.

Pros

Flexible, Good wages, Collaborative work, environment Fun

Cons

my personal commute time

Opportunities for growth and advancement

Great people, solid income and benefits, opportunity for growth, management helpful, professionalism. I started here in 2016 working as an appointment setter and moved my way up to a consultant. Honestly I never thought my career would take me to learning and relaying information about energy rates and how to reduce costs, but here I am. I attribute my career shift to some of the mentors at the company who taught me what I know today … my interest in becoming an energy consultant peaked about 3 years ago but Im still very much into the energy industry. I almost call myself an energy nerd now.

Good people and interesting work

The people are what make this company a nice place to work. My colleague in the field was eager to show me the ropes when I first started the job. I had been working for another company for over 20 years, so I was nervous about making such a big change, but they were ready to answer my questions and mentor me until I was up to speed. I really value a working culture that promotes teamwork rather than the each man for themselves mentality. I have been working here for more than four years now and can truly say that management cares about the growth of their employees both personally and professionally.

Great working environment and encouraging people

Flexible, good benefits, lots of overtime. I enjoy my role at Active Business Services because it allows me to help others and get out in the field. You can always bounce an idea or concern off of management or a coworker and feel supported.

Motivated to learn

They invest in the employee as long as you show motivation to keep learning. Active Business Services take care of their employees and treat them as a family member.

Good company culture

I have been an analyst for 2 years and I think the company has been great and is constantly improving. good pay, and a lot of opportunities for advancement. If you want to learn the ins and outs of the energy industry, this is a good place to start.

Jobs at Active Business Services

Energy Consultant positions
See more jobs

Growing with plenty of work

The work environment was professional and friendly. The people were good to work with, and everyone I think understood the company objectives. overall the employees roll up their sleeves and get the work done.

Work with real meaning

Learning more about energy management is the main reason why I joined this company. I learned plenty while there and I’m glad to say that I think it helped me create a real career in the industry. Join this company if you’re willing to learn.

Productive work environment

Have been working for 9 months here. the company has a positive workplace culture that recognizes personal and team achievement. If you like a friendly yet competitive work environment with potential job advancement its a company to consider...

Great place for growth

The thing that I got most out of my time at this company is from a professional growth standpoint. When I started with the company I had a lot to learn and a minimal understanding of business in general. Now 3 years in, I'm viewed as an expert in my role with the company.

Pros

Room for advancement

Cons

Long commute

Good Employer, Freedom to do your Job

Involved in several different aspects of the company as an energy consultant. Work with management, sales, administrative staff, and customers to devise energy procurement plans. Given significant freedom to go into the field to gather information on different jobs.

Enjoyed helping customers and coworkers

A typical day at work was to visit customers at their business locations. It’s satisfying when you can help someone save money, and I generally enjoy what I do--liked making a difference that way. I have also formed friendships with my coworkers and you can really rely on each other for problem solving.

Good Company to work for

Current employee, good place to work, great pay and great hours. Has a good agreement with employees, great benefits. Management is experienced and always there to help.

Pros

make a lot of money

Cons

hard work
  • Active Business Services