Active Business Services logo
Active Business Services

Active Business Services Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

New but learning a lot!

I only recently took this job after working in a similar industry, and although it's a little challenging to catch up to the rest of the team, I'm learning a lot and don't feel like it isn't manageable. The managers are happy to help and I like my coworkers.

Pros

Great co-workers

Cons

I'ts a lot to learn in a short period of time

There is opportunity here

Worked at ABS for a while as a sales rep. Good workplace and good people. The training was actually helpful. Gave me what I needed to advance my career. Would recommend to someone looking for a stable job.

Fast-paced

I wasn't 100 percent sure this was the field I wanted to go into, but soon as I started at Active, I felt at home and the team and work here really solidified for me that this is what I wanted to do.

Pros

Great company culture and supportive team

Cons

It can be a little fast-paced, but you get used to it

A genuinely nice place to work and grow

ABS employs bright individuals who make it a breeze to work with. I used to work in another department here but was promoted about 3 years ago. I like working with the public and hope to stay here for a while.

Pros

employees recognized for good work, room for advancement

Cons

small office space but in a good location

Becareful they are professional Liars

pay rate is 15 to 16 per hour dont be fooled by their management with their made up numbers of how much they make They are Professional Liars! they give you no legal Job letter with offer, no benefits. pay is 2 days late at least once a month

Pros

nice looking office

Cons

Long hours, management are Liars, No room to advance, dead end job

Productive sales environment due to lack of close supervion.

My work with Active Business Services entailed contacting senior executives and independent entrepreneurs and represent various energy plans for electricity and natural gas. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaning the secrets of technical analysis which permitted me to identify the 13.5 year low on the price of natural gas ($1.99US mmbtu).. A typical work day included making 150/200 cold calls per day, which would result in 50 conversation with businessmen and an average of one to two appointments per day. The workplace culture was enjoyable for commeraderie of the salesmen and the supportive attitude of the management.

Pros

Freedom from close superviion and flexibility in working hours.

Cons

The posiiton was straight commission with no base salary.

Happy to work here

As an Active Business worker, I came to the front with easy advice of seniors. Nothing was a problem for me as a staff and everything was taken care off. Great Managers as well and I am very happy to work here.

Recommend to others

When I first came to Active Business service, I had no idea that I would spend more than 3 years at the company. But, the working environment and promotional opportunities at the company are what made me stay with Active Business Service. I’m happy with my time at the company and often recommend others to apply at the company.

Best Colleagues

Convenient location, attractive bonuses and some of the best colleagues, I worked with in a long time. I only left the company because of moving out of the area. What’s nice is I still keep in contact with some of the people I met at Active Business Services. That says something.

Exceptional

Opportunity is here if you can work hard and surpass expectations. I’ve learned a lot from my colleagues and from management. I think the company will be a great base to build a career from.

Jobs at Active Business Services

in Toronto, ON
See more jobs

Good envirnoment

There’s many reasons why I’ve stayed at Active Business Services. I love the work that I do, the environment I’m in, and the colleagues I work with, those are the big reasons.

Happy to work here

When I first came to Active Business Services, I admit I had my doubts about whether the company would be the best fit for me. However, that soon changed and I’ve been with the company for more than half a decade.

Good benefits

Had a positive experience while working at Active Business Service. Enjoyed my colleagues at the company almost immediately and truly felt like I was part of a team. Good benefits, stable job.

Tremendous

I came to Active Business Services almost straight out of school. Feel grateful to have been with a company like this as my first real job. My responsibilities and the work I did at the company really helped supplement my education and I think they offered a tremendous base to launch my career. Can't ask for anything more.

Amazing

I consider working at this company to be a highlight of my career. The company provides excellent working environments and opportunity to advance. If you're motivated, work hard and achieve results, management will recognize that and reward accordingly. I've personally experienced that.

All very nice

Found the community at Active Business Services to be very talented, diverse and welcoming. Like at most big companies, there are plenty of people you’ll never meet and plenty of faces you’ll come in contact with only in the hallways. But, the colleagues that I worked with at Active Business Services were all very nice and some I’m still in contact with.

Excellent company

Active Business Service definitely promotes a fast-paced, get it done environment, and that’s not for the faint of heart! New employees should sometimes be made more aware of this.

I felt comfortable

Great benefits, a direct manager who I really admired and respected, a working environment that I felt comfortable in. All around I had a great experience at this company.

I’m happy so far

I have to admit, when I first started at Active Business Service, I was a little intimated with working at such a large company. I’ve spent most of my career working at small to mid-size firms. But, I’m happy so far. The fish out of water feeling is now pretty much gone and I’m starting to feel at home at Active Business Service. A friendly manager and friendly coworkers helps. So far so good.

Good experience

The industry is constantly changing and marketing continually has to keep up with the changes. It's a challenge. But thats what makes it interesting in my mind. Only left Active Business Service because I'm moving to a new city.

Hard working

Fast paced, challenging environment. Sometimes not for the faint of heart, but definitely for those who are willing to push themselves. Excellent company for those who are looking to make advancements through hard work.
  • Active Business Services