Active Business Services logo
Active Business Services

Active Business Services Employee Reviews in Pickering, ON

Challenging but Comfortable

Some people have moved on over the years here but I've been so happy with my experience, I've stayed since I was a junior sales rep years ago! The work is challenging but I like a challenge. Overall I'm very comfortable here and not looking to leave anytime soon.

Pros

I feel challenged but am very happy with the work I get to do

Cons

It can get very busy but it's fine as long as you can keep up

I'm Very Happy Working Here

I wasn't sure what to expect of the office environment at Active after leaving a toxic workplace before taking their offer, but I didn't need to worry. The environment here is the total opposite and I feel like a valued member of the team from the top down. Before I left my last position at my previous company, I literally wanted to quit everyday. The management was condescending and the overall morale was very, very low. Now I'm talked to like I'm a human being and what's more important, I am getting positive feedback about my work. Such a breath of fresh air!

Pros

Very team-oriented and superiors make it known when they're happy with your work

Cons

It's a smaller office than my last job but I don't mind

Room for Growth

I've worked for Active Business Services for a little over 2 years. During that time I've been pretty happy overall. I learned very quickly that although the team around me works independently, they are there if you need help or assistance. A couple weeks ago for example I wasn't sure how to navigate some new software. I told management and they gave me a person to contact to guide me through the program that very same day. That kind of support is hard to find in the workplace where some people tend to be cutthroat.

Pros

Opportunity to grow, incentives, good team

Cons

I honestly don't have any, I'm happy here!

Low turnover rate, employees treated fairly

I work in sales at Active Business Services. Having had a horrible experience at my last sales job (the manager was a tyrant) I am happy to be working at a place where the sales people are treated like humans, not robots. You are given adequate training here too. The turnover rate, which is notoriously high in most sales positions, seems to be low here. That tells you something.

Pros

Nice working environment

Cons

Challenging work and room for advancement

So many different career paths to choose from. Very much about making sure their employees are happy, satisfied & taken care of. Plenty of opportunity to grow and climb within the company

Pros

Provide you with the materials you need to do your do job, and to continue to grow and learn with the company

Cons

Every place has its quirks, but there is nothing here that would deter someone from taking a job with our company

Opportunity w/ plenty of potential

I have been working at Active Business Services for 5 years. The atmosphere is employee friendly and management is always looking for ways to improve. Flexibility with schedule and great opportunity for growth if you are willing to apply yourself.

Pros

Working with very smart people, great culture.

Cons

Encourage management to continue to listen to employee feedback

Nice company to work for

I switched jobs mid career. I have years of experience working in a chemical processing plant but due to middle management cutbacks, I was forced out with severance pay (thankfully). It took me a good 6 months to find the position at Active Business Services but I’m so glad everything worked out. I’ve been with the company for short of a year and really enjoy the change of pace from my last job. I get to interact with customers more than before and get out of the office. You can tell the team really gets along and has each others backs. They even do game nights outside of work - so i like that sort of family atmosphere.

Pros

Flexible, Good wages, Collaborative work, environment Fun

Cons

my personal commute time

Jobs at Active Business Services