Active Business Services logo
Active Business Services

Active Business Services Employee Reviews in Burlington, ON

benefits and salary above average

Not only did I enjoy the job, but I felt like the benefits really matched the position and the responsibility I was given along with my salary. For personal reasons I didn't stay as long as I would have liked, but I would recommend this company to anyone looking to interview with them.

Pros

benefits + pay

Cons

They expect a lot of their team but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Helped me grow

This is where I got my start in my career, and it helped me gain skills I needed to move onto even bigger and better things. My team was friendly and never acted like any of my questions were stupid questions... They knew I wanted to learn. Everyone here is smart, too.

Pros

Respectful of newcomers

Cons

There is a lot to learn at first, but everyone is helpful

Friendly Place

I moved to another job after working here, but I honestly miss the office and my team everyday. I am a little bit sad about leaving but it was only because I needed to be closer to home for my family.

Pros

Friendly, professional, hardworking team

Cons

Too far from my new home - the commute would have been killer!!

Company that cares about its people

Active allows their young employees to gain good experience early, which is what gave me the opportunity to move up. Over the years they have been open with communication and listen and make changes based on employees input. Overall, a place to learn and challenge yourself. Coworkers and management are supportive and make you feel like a member of the team from the start.

Pros

They definitely care about the whole team doing well

Cons

The office is a little small but I've come to appreciate working so closely with coworkers

Productive workplace

I really believe the training I got during my early days set me up for a bright future here. The company gives you all of the tools you need to succeed, but you have to be good at talking to people, too. That's just the nature of the sales business. I've seen other employees being rewarded for their hard work and have been rewarded myself.

Pros

Lots of room for growth

Cons

The training can be intense but it honestly is worth all the time and effort.

Committed Team

I've never been part of a team that cared so much about everyone doing well, and wasn't just about being out for yourself and getting the most commissions no matter what everyone else is doing. A rising tide lifts all boats.

Pros

Very supportive team, room for growth.

Cons

You can work some long hours but I personally don't mind.

Growth potential

I really feel like I've grown as an employee since I started with Active Business Services. As with anything, sometimes it comes down to what you put into an experience. I think I've definitely improved in sales since my time here and I think that has something to do with my own effort and the company's relatively encouraging environment.

Pros

Positive and friendly environment

Cons

Lots of training when you first begin, but tapers off after a while; could use more regularly scheduled training meetings

Solid Company

great place to learn about the energy sector, good benefits, consistency in promotions and recognition for strong performers. i'm happy working here.

Pros

best managers and colleagues i have ever worked with- really

Cons

sometimes work long hours

Opportunities for growth and advancement

Great people, solid income and benefits, opportunity for growth, management helpful, professionalism. I started here in 2016 working as an appointment setter and moved my way up to a consultant. Honestly I never thought my career would take me to learning and relaying information about energy rates and how to reduce costs, but here I am. I attribute my career shift to some of the mentors at the company who taught me what I know today … my interest in becoming an energy consultant peaked about 3 years ago but Im still very much into the energy industry. I almost call myself an energy nerd now.

Good environment

My observations from working here for a short time (3 months): The environment is that of a very tight knit team. The people here work to ensure that the jobs are completed and done right. They communicate with each other on a regular basis and make sure you are in the know.

Jobs at Active Business Services

in Burlington, ON
See more jobs

Good people and interesting work

The people are what make this company a nice place to work. My colleague in the field was eager to show me the ropes when I first started the job. I had been working for another company for over 20 years, so I was nervous about making such a big change, but they were ready to answer my questions and mentor me until I was up to speed. I really value a working culture that promotes teamwork rather than the each man for themselves mentality. I have been working here for more than four years now and can truly say that management cares about the growth of their employees both personally and professionally.

1 year in and still enjoying my job

Active Business Services is one of the better places I've worked. From the people and leadership to the values and mission, I am happy. I have experienced career development and built good relationships. Glad I left my old job and took this one.

Great working environment and encouraging people

Flexible, good benefits, lots of overtime. I enjoy my role at Active Business Services because it allows me to help others and get out in the field. You can always bounce an idea or concern off of management or a coworker and feel supported.

Mentorship and training top notch

I’ve only been working for Active Business Services for about 6 months but in that time I already feel as though I’ve grown professionally. Unlike some of the jobs I’ve started in the past, there is adequate training so you don’t feel like you are lost and overwhelmed. There was one person in particular who was there to show me the ropes and mentor me until I felt comfortable doing the job on my own.

Pros

The company is progressive and always looking to improve in every area.

Cons

stagnant desk position

Fair, flexible and forward-thinking

Management does a good job in providing a diverse and accepting work environment. They’ve really made it a point to offer opportunities for everyone - from employee incentives to hiring a range of diverse staff - i really enjoy being around a group of people that can contribute in different ways based on their background. I’ve worked at many places in my career life, Active Business Services being one of the best. Great culture. Everyone works together as a team.

Good People, Solid Working Environment

I have worked at Active Business Services for nearly a year. During this time, I have seen so many others be promoted and think this is a great place to grow if you are motivated and have a positive attitude.

Worked here until I retired

Worked for ABS for 8 years until my retirement. The company has been great and offers competitive pay, as well as plenty of opportunities for advancement.

Pretty Supportive Environment Which Can Be Hard To Find

Positive work culture. Everyone has each other's backs. That’s hard to find in the workplace anymore. I have a bunch of years of experience but was looking for a career change and was hired on about 6 months ago as an analyst. The training is on par and you learn the job inside and out before going out into the field. so far i really like my job here.

Motivated to learn

They invest in the employee as long as you show motivation to keep learning. Active Business Services take care of their employees and treat them as a family member.

Good company culture

I have been an analyst for 2 years and I think the company has been great and is constantly improving. good pay, and a lot of opportunities for advancement. If you want to learn the ins and outs of the energy industry, this is a good place to start.

Growing with plenty of work

The work environment was professional and friendly. The people were good to work with, and everyone I think understood the company objectives. overall the employees roll up their sleeves and get the work done.
  • Active Business Services