Active Business Services logo
Active Business Services

Active Business Services Employee Reviews in Barrie, ON

Inside sales advanced to outside(former)

I have read reviews on this company, and I do not find it accurate. I would imagine the ones who wrote the review just didn't get there way. I started as a inside sales agent in November of 2013. they always treated me as a important member at there office. they worked hard to ensure customers were taken care off an were very clear on details with the customers. they only work on the business's. for the ones who said the business has lied, doesn't make any sence because in order to keep your licencing you must always be honest and fix any complaints you have with the Ontario energy board. so if the business was misleading they wouldn't be able to operate. I was able to advance as an outside agent very quickly. an due to my own illnesses I had to take a break away from active. but they are one place I will stand up for, I had a great experience.

Pros

flexible, honest, reliable

False Promises

This company has a tremendous turnaround. Unprofessional atmosphere and not enough outside sales staff competent in closing sales set by inside agents. Therefore, not a big money maker. Would not recommend this company.

Pros

More knowledgable of enery sector

Cons

No money to be made

Total misrepresentation of job description

This job is a scam. It's a telemarketing setup, you only get paid IF you set up an appointment, IF a senior independent associate attends the meeting, and IF the company decides to sign a contract. You only get paid on the date the contract starts. So basically, you could set up an appointment now, you may not see a dime for a year, if at all. You use your own phone, computer, etc. if you require money to pay bills, this is certainly going to be a waste of your time. It was most CERTAINLY a waste of mine!!!

Job ad is misrepresented, NO BASE PAY ONLY COMMISION, shady office operations, company associated with door to door scams

The barrie office staff are great, however, this company is dishonest right from the get go in their job ad. There is NO BASE PAY WHAT SO EVER until you begin to book upwards of 15 appointments a week (which will take you months to get up to achieve) only then will the company hire you on and actually pay you a base pay. Otherwise, you will only get paid in commissions IF you manage to actually book an appointment AND the senior consultant is able to persuade the people to sign a 1,3 or 5 year contract, if no contract is signed you will not get paid for anything you did, no matter how much time you spent recruting that appointment.Then, if a contract is signed, you get paid a 5% commission based on their hydro consumption over a 12 month period. Then it takes upwards of a month or more to even get that commission paid to you. Once I completed the whole hour and a half of training ( you can imagine how indepth into energy and market prices we got in a whole hour eh......absolutely pitiful training), then I was expected to just jump on the phone and start cold calling companies, that have been printed off of the yellowpages website; they do not even have a client database; and lie to them and dance around the bush with information to get them to book and appointment with the senior consultant. If you do not enjoy lying to people, cold calling, and not being trained properly, then DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS COMPANY.

Pros

make your own schedule, work from home

Cons

no pay, long hours, cold calls, no support, no guidance

Dishonest with their clients

This company uses misleading scripting to get clients to meet with their sales people. I witnesses sales people lying to clients on a number of occasions when brought up to management they just laughed and said that was the way it was done. I noticed that they are advertizing for inside sales people now under a different name I guess they had such a bad reputation under the old one.

• Active Business Services