Active Business Services

Working at Active Business Services: Latest Active Business Services Reviews

Canada127 reviews

businessenergycolleagueservicecareerivehappyopportunity

Supportive Workplace

This was actually my second analyst job after a pretty bad experience right out of college and this was like a 180 from that. The work was interesting and challenging, my co-workers were great, and the company itself was supportive. I had to move but probably would have stayed otherwise.

Pros

Supportive company, great co-workers, interesting work, I never felt like I was bored or had nothing to do

Cons

fast paced sometimes but I didn't mind

room to succeed...

I have been doing sales for a long time and I think I'm pretty good at it, so when a friend of mine told me what he was doing at Active and I wanted a change. I applied and got on their team. There is potential and opportunity to succeed here. Although its a new office. I also like the camaraderie with the rest of the team here.

Pros

Lots of support and room to grow in sales

Cons

They’re extremely busy and I have had to stay late a few times but I think it’s worth it

New but learning a lot!

I only recently took this job after working in a similar industry, and although it's a little challenging to catch up to the rest of the team, I'm learning a lot and don't feel like it isn't manageable. The managers are happy to help and I like my coworkers.

Pros

Great co-workers

Cons

I'ts a lot to learn in a short period of time

There is opportunity here

Worked at ABS for a while as a sales rep. Good workplace and good people. The training was actually helpful. Gave me what I needed to advance my career. Would recommend to someone looking for a stable job.

Exciting new career

I had worked as an analyst for many years before I was hired by ABS a few months ago. It was the right call for me. The team here is smart and supportive. From what I can tell, and from what coworkers have told me, I can grow my career here. Feeling good about my future prospects.

benefits and salary above average

Not only did I enjoy the job, but I felt like the benefits really matched the position and the responsibility I was given along with my salary. For personal reasons I didn't stay as long as I would have liked, but I would recommend this company to anyone looking to interview with them.

Pros

benefits + pay

Cons

They expect a lot of their team but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Fast-paced

I wasn't 100 percent sure this was the field I wanted to go into, but soon as I started at Active, I felt at home and the team and work here really solidified for me that this is what I wanted to do.

Pros

Great company culture and supportive team

Cons

It can be a little fast-paced, but you get used to it

Challenging but Comfortable

Some people have moved on over the years here but I've been so happy with my experience, I've stayed since I was a junior sales rep years ago! The work is challenging but I like a challenge. Overall I'm very comfortable here and not looking to leave anytime soon.

Pros

I feel challenged but am very happy with the work I get to do

Cons

It can get very busy but it's fine as long as you can keep up

Helped me grow

This is where I got my start in my career, and it helped me gain skills I needed to move onto even bigger and better things. My team was friendly and never acted like any of my questions were stupid questions... They knew I wanted to learn. Everyone here is smart, too.

Pros

Respectful of newcomers

Cons

There is a lot to learn at first, but everyone is helpful

Friendly Place

I moved to another job after working here, but I honestly miss the office and my team everyday. I am a little bit sad about leaving but it was only because I needed to be closer to home for my family.

Pros

Friendly, professional, hardworking team

Cons

Too far from my new home - the commute would have been killer!!

Company that cares about its people

Active allows their young employees to gain good experience early, which is what gave me the opportunity to move up. Over the years they have been open with communication and listen and make changes based on employees input. Overall, a place to learn and challenge yourself. Coworkers and management are supportive and make you feel like a member of the team from the start.

Pros

They definitely care about the whole team doing well

Cons

The office is a little small but I've come to appreciate working so closely with coworkers

I'm Very Happy Working Here

I wasn't sure what to expect of the office environment at Active after leaving a toxic workplace before taking their offer, but I didn't need to worry. The environment here is the total opposite and I feel like a valued member of the team from the top down. Before I left my last position at my previous company, I literally wanted to quit everyday. The management was condescending and the overall morale was very, very low. Now I'm talked to like I'm a human being and what's more important, I am getting positive feedback about my work. Such a breath of fresh air!

Pros

Very team-oriented and superiors make it known when they're happy with your work

Cons

It's a smaller office than my last job but I don't mind

Productive workplace

I really believe the training I got during my early days set me up for a bright future here. The company gives you all of the tools you need to succeed, but you have to be good at talking to people, too. That's just the nature of the sales business. I've seen other employees being rewarded for their hard work and have been rewarded myself.

Pros

Lots of room for growth

Cons

The training can be intense but it honestly is worth all the time and effort.

Room for Growth

I've worked for Active Business Services for a little over 2 years. During that time I've been pretty happy overall. I learned very quickly that although the team around me works independently, they are there if you need help or assistance. A couple weeks ago for example I wasn't sure how to navigate some new software. I told management and they gave me a person to contact to guide me through the program that very same day. That kind of support is hard to find in the workplace where some people tend to be cutthroat.

Pros

Opportunity to grow, incentives, good team

Cons

I honestly don't have any, I'm happy here!

Committed Team

I've never been part of a team that cared so much about everyone doing well, and wasn't just about being out for yourself and getting the most commissions no matter what everyone else is doing. A rising tide lifts all boats.

Pros

Very supportive team, room for growth.

Cons

You can work some long hours but I personally don't mind.

Focused on teamwork

A good team can definitely make or break your job, and I really lucked out with Active. Most of the people here are committed to the company and work hard and willing to help others. As an analyst, I'm regularly meeting with clients. But I also spend a lot of time with coworkers, so it really helps to work with genuinely friendly people.

Pros

Relatively new office in this area, which makes it all the more exciting.

Cons

parking can sometimes be challenging

Growth potential

I really feel like I've grown as an employee since I started with Active Business Services. As with anything, sometimes it comes down to what you put into an experience. I think I've definitely improved in sales since my time here and I think that has something to do with my own effort and the company's relatively encouraging environment.

Pros

Positive and friendly environment

Cons

Lots of training when you first begin, but tapers off after a while; could use more regularly scheduled training meetings

Solid Company

great place to learn about the energy sector, good benefits, consistency in promotions and recognition for strong performers. i'm happy working here.

Pros

best managers and colleagues i have ever worked with- really

Cons

sometimes work long hours

A genuinely nice place to work and grow

ABS employs bright individuals who make it a breeze to work with. I used to work in another department here but was promoted about 3 years ago. I like working with the public and hope to stay here for a while.

Pros

employees recognized for good work, room for advancement

Cons

small office space but in a good location

Low turnover rate, employees treated fairly

I work in sales at Active Business Services. Having had a horrible experience at my last sales job (the manager was a tyrant) I am happy to be working at a place where the sales people are treated like humans, not robots. You are given adequate training here too. The turnover rate, which is notoriously high in most sales positions, seems to be low here. That tells you something.

Pros

Nice working environment

Cons

Challenging work and room for advancement

So many different career paths to choose from. Very much about making sure their employees are happy, satisfied & taken care of. Plenty of opportunity to grow and climb within the company

Pros

Provide you with the materials you need to do your do job, and to continue to grow and learn with the company

Cons

Every place has its quirks, but there is nothing here that would deter someone from taking a job with our company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Active Business Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement