Active Business Services

Active Business Services Employee Reviews

Worked at ABS for a while as a sales rep. Good workplace and good people. The training was actually helpful. Gave me what I needed to advance my career. Would recommend to someone looking for a stable job.
I had worked as an analyst for many years before I was hired by ABS a few months ago. It was the right call for me. The team here is smart and supportive. From what I can tell, and from what coworkers have told me, I can grow my career here. Feeling good about my future prospects.
Not only did I enjoy the job, but I felt like the benefits really matched the position and the responsibility I was given along with my salary. For personal reasons I didn't stay as long as I would have liked, but I would recommend this company to anyone looking to interview with them.
Pros
benefits + pay
Cons
They expect a lot of their team but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
I wasn't 100 percent sure this was the field I wanted to go into, but soon as I started at Active, I felt at home and the team and work here really solidified for me that this is what I wanted to do.
Pros
Great company culture and supportive team
Cons
It can be a little fast-paced, but you get used to it
Some people have moved on over the years here but I've been so happy with my experience, I've stayed since I was a junior sales rep years ago! The work is challenging but I like a challenge. Overall I'm very comfortable here and not looking to leave anytime soon.
Pros
I feel challenged but am very happy with the work I get to do
Cons
It can get very busy but it's fine as long as you can keep up
This is where I got my start in my career, and it helped me gain skills I needed to move onto even bigger and better things. My team was friendly and never acted like any of my questions were stupid questions... They knew I wanted to learn. Everyone here is smart, too.
Pros
Respectful of newcomers
Cons
There is a lot to learn at first, but everyone is helpful
I moved to another job after working here, but I honestly miss the office and my team everyday. I am a little bit sad about leaving but it was only because I needed to be closer to home for my family.
Pros
Friendly, professional, hardworking team
Cons
Too far from my new home - the commute would have been killer!!
Active allows their young employees to gain good experience early, which is what gave me the opportunity to move up. Over the years they have been open with communication and listen and make changes based on employees input. Overall, a place to learn and challenge yourself. Coworkers and management are supportive and make you feel like a member of the team from the start.
Pros
They definitely care about the whole team doing well
Cons
The office is a little small but I've come to appreciate working so closely with coworkers
I wasn't sure what to expect of the office environment at Active after leaving a toxic workplace before taking their offer, but I didn't need to worry. The environment here is the total opposite and I feel like a valued member of the team from the top down. Before I left my last position at my previous company, I literally wanted to quit everyday. The management was condescending and the overall morale was very, very low. Now I'm talked to like I'm a human being and what's more important, I am getting positive feedback about my work. Such a breath of fresh air!
Pros
Very team-oriented and superiors make it known when they're happy with your work
Cons
It's a smaller office than my last job but I don't mind
I really believe the training I got during my early days set me up for a bright future here. The company gives you all of the tools you need to succeed, but you have to be good at talking to people, too. That's just the nature of the sales business. I've seen other employees being rewarded for their hard work and have been rewarded myself.
Pros
Lots of room for growth
Cons
The training can be intense but it honestly is worth all the time and effort.
I've worked for Active Business Services for a little over 2 years. During that time I've been pretty happy overall. I learned very quickly that although the team around me works independently, they are there if you need help or assistance. A couple weeks ago for example I wasn't sure how to navigate some new software. I told management and they gave me a person to contact to guide me through the program that very same day. That kind of support is hard to find in the workplace where some people tend to be cutthroat.
Pros
Opportunity to grow, incentives, good team
Cons
I honestly don't have any, I'm happy here!
I've never been part of a team that cared so much about everyone doing well, and wasn't just about being out for yourself and getting the most commissions no matter what everyone else is doing. A rising tide lifts all boats.
Pros
Very supportive team, room for growth.
Cons
You can work some long hours but I personally don't mind.
A good team can definitely make or break your job, and I really lucked out with Active. Most of the people here are committed to the company and work hard and willing to help others. As an analyst, I'm regularly meeting with clients. But I also spend a lot of time with coworkers, so it really helps to work with genuinely friendly people.
Pros
Relatively new office in this area, which makes it all the more exciting.
Cons
parking can sometimes be challenging
I really feel like I've grown as an employee since I started with Active Business Services. As with anything, sometimes it comes down to what you put into an experience. I think I've definitely improved in sales since my time here and I think that has something to do with my own effort and the company's relatively encouraging environment.
Pros
Positive and friendly environment
Cons
Lots of training when you first begin, but tapers off after a while; could use more regularly scheduled training meetings
great place to learn about the energy sector, good benefits, consistency in promotions and recognition for strong performers. i'm happy working here.
Pros
best managers and colleagues i have ever worked with- really
Cons
sometimes work long hours
ABS employs bright individuals who make it a breeze to work with. I used to work in another department here but was promoted about 3 years ago. I like working with the public and hope to stay here for a while.
Pros
employees recognized for good work, room for advancement
Cons
small office space but in a good location
I work in sales at Active Business Services. Having had a horrible experience at my last sales job (the manager was a tyrant) I am happy to be working at a place where the sales people are treated like humans, not robots. You are given adequate training here too. The turnover rate, which is notoriously high in most sales positions, seems to be low here. That tells you something.
Pros
Nice working environment
Cons
So many different career paths to choose from. Very much about making sure their employees are happy, satisfied & taken care of. Plenty of opportunity to grow and climb within the company
Pros
Provide you with the materials you need to do your do job, and to continue to grow and learn with the company
Cons
Every place has its quirks, but there is nothing here that would deter someone from taking a job with our company
I have been working at Active Business Services for 5 years. The atmosphere is employee friendly and management is always looking for ways to improve. Flexibility with schedule and great opportunity for growth if you are willing to apply yourself.
Pros
Working with very smart people, great culture.
Cons
Encourage management to continue to listen to employee feedback
I switched jobs mid career. I have years of experience working in a chemical processing plant but due to middle management cutbacks, I was forced out with severance pay (thankfully). It took me a good 6 months to find the position at Active Business Services but I’m so glad everything worked out. I’ve been with the company for short of a year and really enjoy the change of pace from my last job. I get to interact with customers more than before and get out of the office. You can tell the team really gets along and has each others backs. They even do game nights outside of work - so i like that sort of family atmosphere.
Pros
Flexible, Good wages, Collaborative work, environment Fun
Cons
my personal commute time
Great people, solid income and benefits, opportunity for growth, management helpful, professionalism. I started here in 2016 working as an appointment setter and moved my way up to a consultant. Honestly I never thought my career would take me to learning and relaying information about energy rates and how to reduce costs, but here I am. I attribute my career shift to some of the mentors at the company who taught me what I know today … my interest in becoming an energy consultant peaked about 3 years ago but Im still very much into the energy industry. I almost call myself an energy nerd now.