Action Imports

Action Imports Employee Reviews

Fast pace company, generating high volume sales.

Answering customers inquiries via phone, fax and e-mail. Assisting outside sales reps, completing customers claims - attending trade shows. Prospecting for new customers.

Run!! Do not apply here!!

Worst place I have EVER worked! Management has NO respect for any of their employees. It's a constant revolving door and they are well aware of that. The computer system and registers are NOT updated and you still have to manually punch in each product item skew number, making cash register line ups and order taking unnecessarily long. The office is dingy and gross. No talking allowed. Better keep track of your numbers because your commission will NEVER be paid out correctly. If I could give this place a negative star, I would. It has taken a negative tole on my mental health. If I could do it all again, I would never have stepped foot in that place. All I can say is GOOD LUCK to anyone who decides to apply here. I warned you.

Pros

Cons

Productive and fun

My experience at action import was amazing . Staffs are friendly , job is super easy. I would recommend this to anyone... after leaving action import I regret my decision because they were understanding and caring about there employees.

Pros

If you reach the goal for the month, they will buy pizza for everyone

Cons

It’s a lot of standing .

Fast Paced Interesting Work

Action is a place where you will know everyone's name by the end of your first week. Most employess were hard working and did their jobs well. Overall a good group of people. Some people on the sales team (my team) were not too interested in looking after customers which was frustrating but I think the manager was aware and addressing. I worked there during part of the new ERP implementation which was very interesting but tough as there was a lot of change in a short period.

The owner was very nice

His daughter was a little difficult. Hard to work with.. The job itself was great working with customers and sales rep. Finding what customers needs. Also working at the trade show was very interested.

Horrible place to work

Wouldn’t recommend. Negative environment. Micromanaged, unorganized, inside sales team is a revolving door. Have to work weekends 1/5.. unappreciated no matter how hard you work.

Horrible place to work

No sense of direction from Management. The sales manager screams all day and tells the sales team what to do every minute. Poor pay and dirty environment.

Culture was terrible. Owner created tense environment

The owner and president of company did not create any structure for management. There were no meetings as a group. It was a different thing every day. I have worked in this industry for many years and this was bad. I was hired to assist with product selection. I did this very little and the complete control of product was left to owner. There was no proper leadership.

Great workplace

emails placing orders taking orders over the phone Review orders Verify and update product information verify invoices for payment Set up and maintain quotes

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Action Imports?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Action Imports. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement