Action Furnace

Action Furnace Employee Reviews

Overall an ok place to work

I found at Action Furnace there was alack of management and processes. Lots of unnecessary drama with staff, it affect the environment for all.The owners did not treat their technicians with much respect there for productivity was not essential.

Pros

free lunch on friday

Cons

management gossips with staff

A Company Who Cares for Their Employees

Wonderful atmosphere to work in! Everyone is very helpful and welcoming! Training programs in place to help you excel in your role. Everyone is helpful and kind and works together as a team!

Pros

They care about their employees and want to help them grow!

Best Job I've Ever Had

Action Furnace is a second home to me, the management, staff are all outstanding people. I look forward to coming to work everyday! I would recommend working here to anyone I know, free lunch on Fridays for office staff as well as fun activities out of office for team bonding! I love my job

Pros

Fun work environment, free lunches, paid team bonding activities

Cons

Great workplace, with a welcoming atmostphere

Working at Action Furnace has been great. Everyone is very welcoming, and positive. There is always someone there to assist you if you need it. The staff is great, and the opportunities given here are awesome.

Pros

Hockey games(pre-covid), great staff, good and flexible hours

Rewarding place to work!

Not only were they prepared on my first day but the entire 90 day onboarding process was better than any other company I worked for in the past. I was given clear direction on what to expect, which was a breathe of fresh air!

Pros

great people all working together towards the same goal

Cons

There have not been any cons yet

Mistake-driven focus, constantly setting its employees up to fail

This company does it's best to hide their faces behind a sheet of paper that says "very important company beliefs and values", but it's really just a bunch of scrambling people who barely make up a functioning business.There are constant work flow changes for "in office" CSR staff, ones that the progenitors of said changes can't even keep up with, and the managers do nothing but place blame on their humble CSR staff rather than reflect on their own poor management shortcomings.As an Action Furnace CSR, you are expected to read from a 2-3 page script (PER DEPARTMENT, as in, there are in excess approximately 6-7 scripts that all have 2-3 pages EACH for different customer requests), and eventually you are expected to PERFECTLY memorize each script, on top of every and all nuances, including pricing for every single service, knowledge on every single service, basic understandings of how our services and products work (and there's a lot), as well as a thousand other things that are completely impossible to know, with very little access to any kind of documentation or "cheat sheet", because the "cheat sheet" is either constantly changing, or not good enough. If you deviate from the script in any way, you get in trouble.Every other department other than the CSR office and the technician departments are understaffed, so CSR's are expected to know their department (which is basically everything except accounting, and technician training), and everyone else's department because they can't be bothered to hire more accountants, and more install coordinators to handle their departments. -

Pros

Benefits are decent, before COVID there was free lunch on Fridays, regular training and refreshers, competitive wages (they'll start you above minimum wage), apparently you can insult customers without being fired

Cons

Eventual mandatory "on-call" on the weekend, management monopoly (no room to "move up"), management is gossipy, management degrades/insults customers during meetings, no quality control with technicians

A company who cares about their staffs individual growth as much as the company's.

Recently finished my probation and I'm just constantly getting impressed. The management is incredibly patient, supportive, and choose to lead with encouragement over fear. You're coworkers are all positive, in every department. Literally nobody is negative ever and everyone is happy to help when you need a hand. As far as the actual job goes you'll have a blast if you enjoy:- problem solving- driving- talking with strangers(or friends you haven't met yet!)- working aloneAs for pay my position is commission, which I really enjoy as you aren't limited to an hourly pay(I find myself not wanting to work any harder than I have to when I'm hourly). With commission your pay reflects your effort instead of your apprenticeship year.

Pros

Lots of work, commission pay, supportive management

Horrible place to work.

It's all about who you know and they will get rid of anyone they dont like. If you are on probation prepare to be let go after about a month through no fault of your own. One of the worst company's I have worked for.

Pros

Company truck

Cons

No communication

Most Successful Techs Are Those Willing to Cut Corners

was part of this company a couple years ago and the memories still frustrate me. Lots of pressure to upsell and not enough time given to do the jobs properly. Lots of cheap talk about customer service. Often job info wasn't accurate and ended up being more work than planned, and being piece-work it ends up being the techs problem if things go late. Most weeks you have to work 6 days straight, 9-12 hours/day if you have a sliver of decency. Had to deal with payroll issues almost every week and lots of attitude from office staff. Went through 4 or 5 different work vans because they kept breaking down or senior techs wanted a better one for themselves. Perfect job if you don't care about anyone else other than yourself.

Pros

Learn some good info/skills

It has been a great place to work and I have learned all about the hvac and home care industry. The customer service side of the work was my favourite parts of the job

Pros

Well paid

Cons

Well paid

Jobs at Action Furnace

See more jobs

painfully unorganized

A day at work was stressful because no one was on the same page. I was able to learn lots on my own. Management was never around for the employees for help or questions.

Ok if they are busy, but when it’s slow you won’t make any money

If they are busy then it’s a great place to work , but that’s not always the case they aren’t always busy and can’t guarantee you full time work, also they don’t want you working at other jobs even if they don’t have work for you. It is frustrating to not know if you are working the next day until you wake up in the morning, also you are expected to go to meetings and take work truck for maintenance without getting paid for it

Pros

If they are busy it pays well

Cons

No guaranteed work, expected to take truck for maintenance on your own time but can’t take truck home with you, paid piece work it can work out good for you or very bad

Good local management

The Edmonton shop management team are good folks. Training was mostly on-the-job, but support and oversight from the field manager and team was good. Only downsides are occasional disconnect between sales / dispatch and the facts on the ground in-field sometimes comms error, sometimes the expected circumstantial. Management team typically helpful for those.

Great Place to Work

I currently work here and can honestly say it's been the best job I've ever had. The onboard training is the best training program I've been through and the team is honestly great! There's a huge support system here and it's really amazing to see a company that goes "What's going on and how can we help?" When you're having issues instead of threatening your job and belittling you for having a bad day/week. If you're looking for a support system like no other, i highly recommend action! I've been here only a month and they've done so much for me and my family!

A company that allows you to grow

Action furnace is a company that puts its employees first, and ensures all of its employees are treated fairly. Would defiantly recommend anyone interesting in getting into the hvac industry to give action furnace a consideration.

Pros

Lots of work, hands on training, pay structure

I was very green coming into the company, personnel took the time to show me what I had to do to be successful. Supportive personnel, great place to work.

keep an eye on your pay check there is usually some missing

As any HVAC tech that has ever worked their will tell you you better be a very good book keeper and accountant. Money is missing regular and its no accident. Your are rarely short of work but getting your proper pay has always been a problem. Even when you confront One of the owners with proof he tries to get out of it. He bad mouths those that have left. Will kill any opportunities might ever have with an Air time 500 organization. Working here can kill your career.

Pros

lots of work

Cons

adversarial, management. questionable culture. tough getting full pay

Finally a company that cares

I never never worked at at place where the employee experience is weighed even with the customers. Action Furnace takes great pride in their reputation with its clients. So much so that they realize that it all begins with happy employees. From the on boarding process to training, ride alongside to getting you out on the road the are encredibly thorough. The owners are present! Always working along side their team. Training constantly keeping us up to date with new technology and harnessing skills. Management is incredible. Fair and always available. I honest believe action is the el dorado of the Hvac companies. They say the grass isn’t greener on the other side, I guess there is exceptions to the rule. I even referred friends and other coworkers here. Thanks for bringing me on board.

Pros

Training

Cons

None thus far

Great place

Awesome place to work, Great people and great pay. They help you get on your feet and will always work with you. They have a great program for their employees and their customers.

Average

Decent enough job but untrustworthy co-workers. Great training to learn but not really the type of job to settle down into for a long term career, at least not with this employer

Terrible way to make a living

work 2 days a week, unless you're friendly with who makes the schedule... most of the installers have zero certification which wastes everyones time when they cant figure out how to complete their job. watched a customer call someone out on their bull, only joy that job ever gave me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Action Furnace. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement