Action Car and Truck Accessories

Action Car and Truck Accessories Employee Reviews

Good management, great co workers and an awesome overall place to work. Promised raises never come, the wage for skilled workers is horrendous. Makes for a good job but not a career.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Pay / advancement
Extremely poorly run company. Management isn't interested in maintaining a level of morale; they berate openly, are closed minded and dismissive, and care only about maintaining accounts. Staff, especially warehouse and salespeople, are an expendable resource, and are paid poorly.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Inept management at all levels
The manager in st.john's branch is a hot head! I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for him! He says one thing and does another! He's hard on the head and childish!
I’ve been installing vehicle accessories for about 15 years. Before moving back home I worked for CTP in Edmonton just as they were being bought by Action Trucks. It was scary at first as far as being worried about layoffs etc but within a week, the management of Action Trucks made it apperant that they’re an awesome company that actually cares for their employees! I just wish they had a store closer to my current location!
Pros
Fun working environment, great people, accommodating management.
Cons
Was referred to as “Just” an installer by a manager, tight deadlines.
Was told I would be given training before I would work on my own. Never happened. Was here about a year and had enough of watching YouTube videos to complete installs. They charge top rates but have tech watching YouTube to do installs. Not a place I would go.
Cons
If you don't intend to work, don't apply here. This job will keep you on your toes, busy, and stimulated. Constantly something to do, always a task to finish. And always feel accomplished at the end of the day. The company recognizes your hard work and you feel appreciated. Not to mention they pay you what you feel you are worth and the benefits are fantastic. There are tons of extra perks to the job that just make the day that much better. As long as you are willing to put the effort in, you will thrive and do great here! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. My life definitely took a step into a more productive path since starting here!
Pros
Understanding and flexibility
Cons
Work, Life, Sleep... Pick two
With over 8 years working with Action on and off I can honestly say this is the best company I've worked for. Its a face paced environment and can get a little crazy at times but that's when its the most fun.
Pros
Bonus pay
Great installation areas, tools on site, good sharing of data between stores. Great benefits and hours. None of the car dealer quotas. Every day is different. Challenging in variety of products keeps me on my toes. Great find.
Pros
Hours, benefits, pay and variety of work
Cons
None - keeps me on my toes!
Industry leader in Canadian Retail aftermarket Car and Truck accessories. Slowly and progressively building a industry first training program. Lateral structure with a hands on owner. Very lien organization. Great team.
Pros
Good industry
Cons
Work life balance difficult
Who wouldn't want to accessories vehicles for a living? Great bonus plan. Descent holidays, great employee discounts. Only draw back is working Saturdays.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Working saturdays
Assist customers with any questions or concerns about product or installs, as well assist team members with anything they may need help with. Get to learn and implement people skills as well product for up-fitting vehicles. Management is accessible and willing to assist when needed. The hardest part is resolving a customers conflict and the best part is watching the transformation of a build come together, then having the customer come pick it up with a big smile on their face because it looks so awesome.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Work on Saturdays
I have been apart of this company for almost 5 years. There has always been a good working relationship with fellow employees, If there ever was a problem or a lack of equipment we worked as a team to solve the problem. This company has increased my education in the automotive field, and has added skills to a career I enjoy. The hardest part is that on rare instances there is just no pleasing some people. But the good people you meat and help more than make up for it. There is always something new. it is not a monotonous job.
Pros
great working environment.
When someone asks me "do you like working there?", I gotta say, "as much as someone can love their job.. I do, love my job!" The atmosphere and people you work with are great! It's an easy going environment to work in. There's always room to grow with the company too. I don't think I've ever been treated as well as I have been with any other company I've worked for. They care what you think and feel, and will do anything they can to make you feel appreciated. Seriously, a 5 star company to work for!
completed booked appointments and served customers. hardest part of job not always having prober tools for jobs. management did not always treat employees with respect and fairness. Some job there was never enough help to complete the job. Not a lot of training involved for different things.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lack of appreciation, poor mangement
did not enjoy working there made me miserable, constantly bugged about efficiency and performance, could never be good enough to make them happy......
Pros
employees are friendly
Cons
corporate micro manages
good place to work, met some good guys. They have expanded since I worked here years ago, looks really nice. Got to sell and install stuff was a good experience fast paced
company is fast moving, not as flexible as promised. room for moving up in the company is very limited salary is not competitive low pay for the job being completed
worst company to work at. No job security. Mississauga and whitby location sucks so much they dont care about there technician. Some of the staffs are so lazy....
Pros
freed food at scarborough location
Cons
mississauga location sucks
Hours were unusual and some of the middle management seemed to have their own agenda. Upper Management is a well balanced group.
Pros
numerous locations
Cons
odd hours
If you like the automotive industry and keep up to date with aftermarket accessories its a great place to work. Ordering and talking with customers and dealerships. Peterborough is one of the 32 stores across Canada yet all are great stores.
Great place to work. No further advancement. Management expects too much of employees during certain times.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
long hours, no advancement