Action Car and Truck Accessories

Action Car and Truck Accessories Work-life balance reviews

Industry leader in Canadian Retail aftermarket Car and Truck accessories. Slowly and progressively building a industry first training program. Lateral structure with a hands on owner. Very lien organization. Great team.
Pros
Good industry
Cons
Work life balance difficult
No room for a technician to grow their career. Wasn't then and still isn't now. They don't hire journeymen so there's no way to become an apprentice and grow. If you're happy installing side steps and box liners this is the place for you.
Pros
Employee discount, staff was good
Cons
Poor management, no room to grow
Great company nothing bad to say. Should of stayed with them! Lots of travel but totally worth it. Targets are higher than normal. But work hard and you can achieve it. Thanks
I really found my career at Action, wish i started working here years before. I feel very appreciated and truly enjoy coming to work everyday. The Salary/benefits are really good and the people are great to work with.
Face paced environment with no time for a dull moment. Management structure is accessible at all levels and very supportive. The culture is very family type oriented which makes the team strong and unstoppable. There are some amazingly talented people throughout this organization who are a respected force in the industry.
Pros
Great team of soldiers who constanty help one another, employees get alot of recognition for their effort
Cons
Lots to learn in the beginning but all worth it long term
Always something new, great bonus structure. Management takes their time and helps out alot. Company is great with training and will take the extra steps to help where needed. Having a passion or knowledge of vehicles will help but not needed. Room to grow within, relocating etc.
Pros
Staff, customers, Ac, Not boring
Cons
Open on Saturday's
I have worked at Action for about 1 year and a half. I don't think I have ever had so much fun at a job. The staff are all pleasure to work with. Fantastic work environment to come into everyday. If you have a team player mentality this is place for you!
Pros
Bonus structure, Great work/life balance
Working here is not a job if you have an automotive passion. Retail hours are reasonable since you are done at 6 pm. You can get overtime and the management is always ready to work with you if you need time off. Room for advancement and you can also relocate.I learned how to do installs, look up products and be better with customers with all the training I got.
Pros
Staff, customers, Ac, Not boring
Cons
Open on Saturday's
This company isn’t are great as they seem or tell you. They have a good assortment of products and unique installations are common, however; -No work/life balance -Very little respect towards employees -Usually feel rushed/pressured to be overworked -Sales numbers were more important than quality of work being done/products being sold Wouldn’t recommend it to friends/family
Pros
Unique jobs/ free lunches or snacks
Cons
Rushed, overworked and unappreciated, told everyone is replaceable
If you don't intend to work, don't apply here. This job will keep you on your toes, busy, and stimulated. Constantly something to do, always a task to finish. And always feel accomplished at the end of the day. The company recognizes your hard work and you feel appreciated. Not to mention they pay you what you feel you are worth and the benefits are fantastic. There are tons of extra perks to the job that just make the day that much better. As long as you are willing to put the effort in, you will thrive and do great here! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. My life definitely took a step into a more productive path since starting here!
Pros
Understanding and flexibility
Cons
Work, Life, Sleep... Pick two
With over 8 years working with Action on and off I can honestly say this is the best company I've worked for. Its a face paced environment and can get a little crazy at times but that's when its the most fun.
Pros
Bonus pay
I have been apart of this company for almost 5 years. There has always been a good working relationship with fellow employees, If there ever was a problem or a lack of equipment we worked as a team to solve the problem. This company has increased my education in the automotive field, and has added skills to a career I enjoy. The hardest part is that on rare instances there is just no pleasing some people. But the good people you meat and help more than make up for it. There is always something new. it is not a monotonous job.
Pros
great working environment.
When someone asks me "do you like working there?", I gotta say, "as much as someone can love their job.. I do, love my job!" The atmosphere and people you work with are great! It's an easy going environment to work in. There's always room to grow with the company too. I don't think I've ever been treated as well as I have been with any other company I've worked for. They care what you think and feel, and will do anything they can to make you feel appreciated. Seriously, a 5 star company to work for!
did not enjoy working there made me miserable, constantly bugged about efficiency and performance, could never be good enough to make them happy......
Pros
employees are friendly
Cons
corporate micro manages
company is fast moving, not as flexible as promised. room for moving up in the company is very limited salary is not competitive low pay for the job being completed
Great place to work. No further advancement. Management expects too much of employees during certain times.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
long hours, no advancement