Action Car and Truck Accessories

Action Car and Truck Accessories Job security & advancement reviews

Good management, great co workers and an awesome overall place to work. Promised raises never come, the wage for skilled workers is horrendous. Makes for a good job but not a career.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Pay / advancement
No room for a technician to grow their career. Wasn't then and still isn't now. They don't hire journeymen so there's no way to become an apprentice and grow. If you're happy installing side steps and box liners this is the place for you.
Pros
Employee discount, staff was good
Cons
Poor management, no room to grow
They'll sell ya the world in the interview but dont follow through. No work clothes for techs, no raises, no respect. They pay teenager wages for experienced, well executed and punctual work. The shop is comically inefficient in design and practicality. Oh and the owners son watches you on cameras throughout the building. One star is a gift. This place is a dead end and doomed to have a revolving door for employees.
Pros
No breaks allowed
Cons
I really found my career at Action, wish i started working here years before. I feel very appreciated and truly enjoy coming to work everyday. The Salary/benefits are really good and the people are great to work with.
Always something new, great bonus structure. Management takes their time and helps out alot. Company is great with training and will take the extra steps to help where needed. Having a passion or knowledge of vehicles will help but not needed. Room to grow within, relocating etc.
Pros
Staff, customers, Ac, Not boring
Cons
Open on Saturday's
Working here is not a job if you have an automotive passion. Retail hours are reasonable since you are done at 6 pm. You can get overtime and the management is always ready to work with you if you need time off. Room for advancement and you can also relocate.I learned how to do installs, look up products and be better with customers with all the training I got.
Pros
Staff, customers, Ac, Not boring
Cons
Open on Saturday's
If you don't intend to work, don't apply here. This job will keep you on your toes, busy, and stimulated. Constantly something to do, always a task to finish. And always feel accomplished at the end of the day. The company recognizes your hard work and you feel appreciated. Not to mention they pay you what you feel you are worth and the benefits are fantastic. There are tons of extra perks to the job that just make the day that much better. As long as you are willing to put the effort in, you will thrive and do great here! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. My life definitely took a step into a more productive path since starting here!
Pros
Understanding and flexibility
Cons
Work, Life, Sleep... Pick two
Industry leader in Canadian Retail aftermarket Car and Truck accessories. Slowly and progressively building a industry first training program. Lateral structure with a hands on owner. Very lien organization. Great team.
Pros
Good industry
Cons
Work life balance difficult
I have been apart of this company for almost 5 years. There has always been a good working relationship with fellow employees, If there ever was a problem or a lack of equipment we worked as a team to solve the problem. This company has increased my education in the automotive field, and has added skills to a career I enjoy. The hardest part is that on rare instances there is just no pleasing some people. But the good people you meat and help more than make up for it. There is always something new. it is not a monotonous job.
Pros
great working environment.
company is fast moving, not as flexible as promised. room for moving up in the company is very limited salary is not competitive low pay for the job being completed
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Action Car and Truck Accessories?
worst company to work at. No job security. Mississauga and whitby location sucks so much they dont care about there technician. Some of the staffs are so lazy....
Pros
freed food at scarborough location
Cons
mississauga location sucks
Great place to work. No further advancement. Management expects too much of employees during certain times.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
long hours, no advancement