ACT Finance Inc

ACT Finance Inc Employee Reviews

Canada6 reviews
Small company but good place to have exposure in different area of Accounting. Good corporate culture.

Only drawback is job advancement as a reasonably small company.
Learned quickbooks, logging transactions, staying organized.

Learned about the day to day activities of a small accounting firm and the process of dealing with business customers.
I chose this company because of it's reviews that's why I'm here to share my experiences, if you already have a job forget this company because it doesn't matter you work there very well or not ,when they interview you they tell you something good but after you quiet your current job and start to work there everything is gonna change right a way, they might hire you as a permanent but if work flow changes easy they say they don't need you
it was the first place no one trained me even for one hour but they expected me to do everything on their way, it's UNBELEIVABLE!!

always were in rush to do everything and the way they talked to me was so bad.

the office was so dirty, they throw out garbage every 2 weeks and always I smelled some disgusting spoiled food and I got a headache.

no one asked the clients to bring their documents organized, all of them bright it in garbage bags, papers were crumpled and I should guessed any information I needed to know.

I couldn't take even 5 min break just very quick went to washroom and came back to work.
1) Learned bookkeeping and T2
2) Learned how to deal with messy stuff.

3) Had fun with the owner

4) I dealt with many small owner managed businesses. Did analysis their financial data and helped them in many ways.

5) Did business plan for obtaining bank loan or business line of credit.

6) dealt with CRA audit on behalf of clients.
Pros
Relax
Cons
less money
Always have a busy day at work but i learned how to prioritize the most important job to be done. I always tend to finish my work in the office but i can do work for overtime if its necessary. It has a fast pacing environment so i know how to work under pressure and how to handle stress. The most enjoyable part of my job is when every time i finished my work and being appreciated by the top management.
Pros
Incentives
at ACT-Finance ,I learned an actual QuickBooks work for different kinds of company. Profit or non-profit. I learned how to set-up new companies. Reconcile credit cards and bank account in actual. I learned a lot and I loved working with my fellow co-op students. Everyday is a challenge for me especially when the bank account is not balance with the general ledger. I love Math. Solving problems for me is just like doing a nice puzzle eager to finish it. For me, there's no hardest part if this is your passion. The most enjoyable part is when we are sharing ideas what is the best account to use for that particular item.
Pros
team player, fast-paced driven work environment
Cons
time is not enough for me. I really want to extend the time but I can't.