Acres Enterprises Ltd.

Canada20 reviews

Clear
3.3Pay & benefits

Good company

Good company trapped in a small town. Good co workers and Safety program Work slows in winter Wages are average Need better benefits program Non Union

Not a good place to work or think about a career

Not a good place to work.Top heavy with managers that spend more time having meetings then resolving problems. No loyalty to employees or clients. Management is above the law and does not follow company policies themselves. Field guys are great and hard workers but under paid and under appreciated they are treated like a number rather then an employee. Managers will spend $100 to save $20. Benefits and RCA are a scam that many employees have been taken advantage. Do not invest in this company they are a joke. Be careful

Pros

Field staff

Cons

False promises, lies about bonuses, no loyalty, old and hurting equipment, out of town with low pay

Insights into Acres Enterprises Ltd.

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Lots of opportunities

I came in with basic carpentry experience but Acres has been able to push in my training to help me advance my skills. I'm on a great crew, all hardworking and knowledgeable. You are working out in the elements and the weather sometimes sucks on the jobs sites, but that is construction for you. A bonus is the blizzards that are delivered to us on the really hot days! We work hard but have fun, safety is a major focus so if you aren't interested in following protocols this probably isn't the company for you. They are very understanding and will work around you when things come up. There are high and low times just like any construction site but if you are willing to work and work hard, you will be working. Lots of training opportunities. Work sometimes takes you out of town, so if you are applying to work in the field you should be willing to work some away days as well.

Pros

good pay, training ops. great crew, extra vacation days, benefits

Cons

some away work needed, outdoor work means working in the rain. snow and heat

Great environment

I have worked in the corporate section of Acres and I can honestly say that since my first day on the job I have felt nothing but support from other staff members. I came into the position without much knowledge in the construction industry but many of the staff went out of their way to give me a crash course in everything I need to know. The job is pretty fast paced and the ability to multitask is a must. There is a challenge to the work which will prevent you from ever getting bored. They have a great benefits package, the pay is competitive, and office staff gets two extra paid days off at Christmas. It is honestly a great place to work!

Pros

great atmosphere, learn lots, supportive, benefits, good pay

Cons

It can be stressful (but any job of this type will have its moments)

A company that truly cares for its employees

Acres goes out of their way to make sure their employees feel supported and part of a family vs just a number. Their field staff gets four extra paid holidays a year, two days during the Christmas break and two additional days during the summer (Canada Day long weekend is four days long for field staff). Field staff also get bbqs throughout the year, blizzards delivered on site, and even Easter chocolate delivered to all crews on site. There are lots of staff events throughout the year, besides the typical holiday party there are golf tournaments and 'jeans day' where the staff get to take part in games such as giant jenga, car smashes and more. The benefits package is above what most business' offer and there is plenty of training available. This isn't a company that tries to push to get a job done as safety is a primary key within their business. Acres recently hit 400,000 hours without an incident and I believe this is because of the effort they put into properly training their employees and the fact that they always put their employees safety before a job. I can honestly say during my time at Acres I felt like a valued member of the team, I learned a lot as they pride themselves on their ability to take on challenging projects, no two jobs were ever the same. The diverse crews meant everyone brought something a little different to the table and everyone had their place. We worked tight deadlines but the work was always fun, mostly because the people I worked with were awesome to be around. Overall I would give this company a 10/10 if I could, just because -

Pros

safe, diverse, lots of training, cares about its employees, competitive benefits package

Not the greatest experience

Work was great had a decent crew. I didnt get the pay that i thought i was promised and missing hours each pay period. The crew was fun to work with. Not much good to say.

Pros

Crew

Cons

Pay

work

labouring job to get to where i am at now.decent pay and decent hours nothing to complain about

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acres Enterprises Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement