Acres Enterprises Ltd.

Acres Enterprises Ltd. Employee Reviews

Insights into Acres Enterprises Ltd.

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

nothing good to say

worked for the company for few years had lots of great employees to work with. work was always up and down. did not seem like to many people could make there way up the ladder into different positions and be promoted

A very positive work environment with a huge emphasis on teamwork

Acres Enterprises is a wonderful place to work, where employees are given the right tools and support to grow professionally and personally. Everyone is very supportive and you can tell that management cares about its employees. There is a great focus on team building and personal development as well. My management provides feedback continuously, which makes me feel valued and encourages me to always give 110%.There is a great work-life balance. Acres believes in its workers and allows flexibility when needed. It's a very family-oriented company. In fact, they even have Acres Family Days, to allow employees paid time with their family. It truly is a place where you can grow your career and your personal life.

Pros

Positive workplace culture

Not a good place to work or think about a career

Not a good place to work.Top heavy with managers that spend more time having meetings then resolving problems. No loyalty to employees or clients. Management is above the law and does not follow company policies themselves. Field guys are great and hard workers but under paid and under appreciated they are treated like a number rather then an employee. Managers will spend $100 to save $20. Benefits and RCA are a scam that many employees have been taken advantage. Do not invest in this company they are a joke. Be careful

Pros

Field staff

Cons

False promises, lies about bonuses, no loyalty, old and hurting equipment, out of town with low pay

Top heavy management with very little experience

Not much integrity here. Top heavy management with relatively in-experienced people in positions they shouldn't be in (friends club). Will spend $100 to save $1, very cheap. I was told lie after lie. Site guys are good to get on with but often frustrated with management, Hours are reasonable with good work life balance.

Lying management

Paychecks are mostly wrong management lies to their employees and does not follow their policies whatsoever they can let you go in a blindside at any moment and have no problem with that. Typical smile to your face and stab you in the back by management I can’t stress enough how you cannot trust this company

Lots of work good people to work with Lot of chance for advancement Great safety culture Working in a great work environment They treat there employees great

Pros

Good wage good people

Lots of opportunities

I came in with basic carpentry experience but Acres has been able to push in my training to help me advance my skills. I'm on a great crew, all hardworking and knowledgeable. You are working out in the elements and the weather sometimes sucks on the jobs sites, but that is construction for you. A bonus is the blizzards that are delivered to us on the really hot days! We work hard but have fun, safety is a major focus so if you aren't interested in following protocols this probably isn't the company for you. They are very understanding and will work around you when things come up. There are high and low times just like any construction site but if you are willing to work and work hard, you will be working. Lots of training opportunities. Work sometimes takes you out of town, so if you are applying to work in the field you should be willing to work some away days as well.

Pros

good pay, training ops. great crew, extra vacation days, benefits

Cons

some away work needed, outdoor work means working in the rain. snow and heat

Great environment

I have worked in the corporate section of Acres and I can honestly say that since my first day on the job I have felt nothing but support from other staff members. I came into the position without much knowledge in the construction industry but many of the staff went out of their way to give me a crash course in everything I need to know. The job is pretty fast paced and the ability to multitask is a must. There is a challenge to the work which will prevent you from ever getting bored. They have a great benefits package, the pay is competitive, and office staff gets two extra paid days off at Christmas. It is honestly a great place to work!

Pros

great atmosphere, learn lots, supportive, benefits, good pay

Cons

It can be stressful (but any job of this type will have its moments)

Great Core Values and Excellent People

Acres truly lives its core values. The team is very supportive, friendly, welcoming. The company offers some unique incentives- Acres Days, Health Spending Account, company functions, Sheldon Staehli award, quarterly town halls and several training and development opportunities for all levels of the organization.

A company that truly cares for its employees

Acres goes out of their way to make sure their employees feel supported and part of a family vs just a number. Their field staff gets four extra paid holidays a year, two days during the Christmas break and two additional days during the summer (Canada Day long weekend is four days long for field staff). Field staff also get bbqs throughout the year, blizzards delivered on site, and even Easter chocolate delivered to all crews on site. There are lots of staff events throughout the year, besides the typical holiday party there are golf tournaments and 'jeans day' where the staff get to take part in games such as giant jenga, car smashes and more. The benefits package is above what most business' offer and there is plenty of training available. This isn't a company that tries to push to get a job done as safety is a primary key within their business. Acres recently hit 400,000 hours without an incident and I believe this is because of the effort they put into properly training their employees and the fact that they always put their employees safety before a job. I can honestly say during my time at Acres I felt like a valued member of the team, I learned a lot as they pride themselves on their ability to take on challenging projects, no two jobs were ever the same. The diverse crews meant everyone brought something a little different to the table and everyone had their place. We worked tight deadlines but the work was always fun, mostly because the people I worked with were awesome to be around. Overall I would give this company a 10/10 if I could, just because -

Pros

safe, diverse, lots of training, cares about its employees, competitive benefits package

Not a good place to work very unorganized.

Very disturbing place to work.Not too many people on your side.Do things over too many times.Driving way to far and not getting gas money or pay. Favouriting witch shouldn’t be allowed or excepted.

Pros

Cons

Home time

Not the greatest experience

Work was great had a decent crew. I didnt get the pay that i thought i was promised and missing hours each pay period. The crew was fun to work with. Not much good to say.

Pros

Crew

Cons

Pay

worked out of town

good crew leaders good equipment working within city limits everyone works together good team work expired blue prints/ misleading information sometimes

Good company

Good company trapped in a small town. Good co workers and Safety program Work slows in winter Wages are average Need better benefits program Non Union

Ok place to wrk

They don't have enough wrk all yr round an don't really value there employees an wat they do for the company. Really wish they had more wrk an payed more cause I really love running heavy equipment. It's all I have ever done an love the rush.

Productive and busy place to work

Typical day running excavator doing main line ditching setting pipe sand bed and back fill ,site development,all civil aspects ,Forman duties safety meeting allocating jobs and overseeing work done safely and efficiently.

Pros

Bonuses field lunches

Learned plenty, shared information with others

This was my first big job after coming to Canada. Learned about the stresses, highs and lows of bidding and project management working with estimators and p.m.'s. Learned so much about the computer from co-workers and courses taken, know a bit about a/p, Worksafe BC and Payroll. Lots of encouragement.

Pros

Learned so many new things.

Cons

Stressful

work

labouring job to get to where i am at now.decent pay and decent hours nothing to complain about

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acres Enterprises Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement