Acorn Stairlifts

Acorn Stairlifts Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews
Not very well managed, lots of people in and out either because of how miserable they are with the job atmosphere or because management is constantly letting people go. Don’t care about your personal life outside of the job, working at time 12+ hour days and even longer if you actually stop to break.
The television commercials are a perfect representation of this company - an antiquated embarrassment. Greed supersedes service to the vulnerable sector that is their primary market. Nasty gossip, immaturity and sheer ignorance are commonplace. Abuse of power, zero respect and patronizing from obtuse senior management make for long, unproductive days.
Worst company I have worked for! They only care about money! They dont care about the staff or the customers. They are only looking to rip people off. No proper training. Just stay away!
Cons
Everything!! Just stay away from them!
Recently laid off due to covid-19, Acorn is, by far, the best job I've ever had. Great work/life balance and the pay is very fair. I look forward to getting back to work so my customers are safe on their stairs!!
As long as you go to work and do your job you'll have no issues. Management is respectful/always there for me. They don't sugar coat anything. If there is a problem - you will hear it. I loved everyone that I worked with. It's definitely a family oriented feel when you work there. Always having snack days (which is totally the best). One thing I would say is they just need to improve on communicating with the staff and giving salary increases quarterly. Other than that, great management on the operations side and employees!
Priority over profits vs customer service.

Very high turn over rate of staff.

Ripping of senior citizens is their best achievements.

Business is on a decline.

Stay far away
Only worried about money. They don’t care about about employees or their customers. Straight lifts are ok but if you have a curved staircase - stay away!
Pros
Cons
everything
this job involved a lot of driving, most of the the time this required overnight stays in hotels. this proved to be quite difficult with my wife working and three small children to get off to school everyday.
Pros
pay
Cons
too many nights away from home
- a typical day at work would be answer phone calls from clients with inquires of their product.
- calling clients to set up appointments for free estimates

-the most enjoyable part of working at Acorn Stairlifts was the satisfaction of helping clients and pointing them into the right direction.
Pros
free luches
Cons
Willing to do anything to make a buck off of seniors. Poor product quality, poor services. No room for advancement high staff turn over ratem 1 year empolyment. Bad morale. Looks great to start.
Most staff are 9n the job hunt.
Pros
Mon to Friday 8-5 45min lunch
Cons
Maanagement
As an unsolds employee, you have to call a maximum of clients unsold leads that were first met by a road representative that can sell the stairlifts 5 days exclusively before you with the same price possibility as my position. The company will ask you to call the same clients to a maximum of 3 times per day and have to do 100+ calls a day on a daily with around a thousand lead, which leads you to an infinite redundancy of spamming clients. The work environment is nice and friendly. Even if you have a job security, they do threaten easily their employee to fire them easily which leads to a stressful environment.
Excellent is the best , all great work , great company , good to work for , excellent excellent excellent , way to the future , really happy with all the great work
Fast paced call centre/sales office environment with capped commission structure - Micro-managed but fun working with great co-workers and sales team. Pleasant customers, majority seniors, very memorable clients. Typical day consists of following up with leads, booking appointments for estimates on stairlifts, closing sales
Pros
Working with nice staff and sales team members
Cons
Micro-Managed, capped commision, not many opportunities for growth
Installers, Tech Support, Service Techs are highly trained.
Great enjoyment from installation and follow up service.
Pros
Satisfaction
Cons
Mississauga
Was half decent place until owner came to town and greed came with it. Trying to mirror U.S.A. systems, management is abusive and will humiliate you in front of your co-workers. Every move is monitored. Calls are recorded and listened to daily and not for quality control.
Cons
I drove between 300 and 500 klms a day, available seven days a week. I had a 90% closing on all my sales. I enjoyed talking to and meeting new people everyday.
The hardest part was I never knew what I was doing from one day to the next, having to be available seven days a week, appointments were made today for tomorrow.

It was a job that did make me feel good at the end of the day, knowing I had helped someone in need.