Acorn Stairlifts

Acorn Stairlifts Employee Reviews

Installer/Service Tech. Good money if you give up family/personal life. Not worth the headaches/stress.

Not very well managed, lots of people in and out either because of how miserable they are with the job atmosphere or because management is constantly letting people go. Don’t care about your personal life outside of the job, working at time 12+ hour days and even longer if you actually stop to break.

Terrible Management

I have been in retail sales for twenty years and this company was by far the worst company I ever worked for. Management was sneaky and undermining. Very unethical and only carry about lining their pockets. I would say to any sales rep, stay away!

Pros

Cons

Many

School yard environment

The television commercials are a perfect representation of this company - an antiquated embarrassment. Greed supersedes service to the vulnerable sector that is their primary market. Nasty gossip, immaturity and sheer ignorance are commonplace. Abuse of power, zero respect and patronizing from obtuse senior management make for long, unproductive days.

Dont apply

Worst company I have worked for! They only care about money! They dont care about the staff or the customers. They are only looking to rip people off. No proper training. Just stay away!

Cons

Everything!! Just stay away from them!

Quality leads and great support from upper management

Recently laid off due to covid-19, Acorn is, by far, the best job I've ever had. Great work/life balance and the pay is very fair. I look forward to getting back to work so my customers are safe on their stairs!!

As long as you go to work and do your job you'll have no issues. Management is respectful/always there for me. They don't sugar coat anything. If there is a problem - you will hear it. I loved everyone that I worked with. It's definitely a family oriented feel when you work there. Always having snack days (which is totally the best). One thing I would say is they just need to improve on communicating with the staff and giving salary increases quarterly. Other than that, great management on the operations side and employees!

Bad management

Priority over profits vs customer service. Very high turn over rate of staff. Ripping of senior citizens is their best achievements. Business is on a decline. Stay far away

Walk away

Only worried about money. They don’t care about about employees or their customers. Straight lifts are ok but if you have a curved staircase - stay away!

Pros

Cons

everything

great place to work

this job involved a lot of driving, most of the the time this required overnight stays in hotels. this proved to be quite difficult with my wife working and three small children to get off to school everyday.

Pros

pay

Cons

too many nights away from home

Productive enivroment

- a typical day at work would be answer phone calls from clients with inquires of their product. - calling clients to set up appointments for free estimates -the most enjoyable part of working at Acorn Stairlifts was the satisfaction of helping clients and pointing them into the right direction.

Pros

free luches

Jobs at Acorn Stairlifts

See more jobs

Bad mamagement

Willing to do anything to make a buck off of seniors. Poor product quality, poor services. No room for advancement high staff turn over ratem 1 year empolyment. Bad morale. Looks great to start. Most staff are 9n the job hunt.

Pros

Mon to Friday 8-5 45min lunch

Cons

Maanagement

Have fun in a redundant job

As an unsolds employee, you have to call a maximum of clients unsold leads that were first met by a road representative that can sell the stairlifts 5 days exclusively before you with the same price possibility as my position. The company will ask you to call the same clients to a maximum of 3 times per day and have to do 100+ calls a day on a daily with around a thousand lead, which leads you to an infinite redundancy of spamming clients. The work environment is nice and friendly. Even if you have a job security, they do threaten easily their employee to fire them easily which leads to a stressful environment.

Excellent

Excellent is the best , all great work , great company , good to work for , excellent excellent excellent , way to the future , really happy with all the great work

Fast paced sales office selling medical product to seniors & people with mobility issues

Fast paced call centre/sales office environment with capped commission structure - Micro-managed but fun working with great co-workers and sales team. Pleasant customers, majority seniors, very memorable clients. Typical day consists of following up with leads, booking appointments for estimates on stairlifts, closing sales

Pros

Working with nice staff and sales team members

Cons

Micro-Managed, capped commision, not many opportunities for growth

A healthy environment to serve the elderley

Installers, Tech Support, Service Techs are highly trained. Great enjoyment from installation and follow up service.

Pros

Satisfaction

Cons

Mississauga

Inside Sales

Was half decent place until owner came to town and greed came with it. Trying to mirror U.S.A. systems, management is abusive and will humiliate you in front of your co-workers. Every move is monitored. Calls are recorded and listened to daily and not for quality control.

Cons

enjoyed visiting elderly and handicapped

I drove between 300 and 500 klms a day, available seven days a week. I had a 90% closing on all my sales. I enjoyed talking to and meeting new people everyday.The hardest part was I never knew what I was doing from one day to the next, having to be available seven days a week, appointments were made today for tomorrow.It was a job that did make me feel good at the end of the day, knowing I had helped someone in need.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acorn Stairlifts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7

2.4Job security/advancement
  • Acorn Stairlifts
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?