Acorn Stairlifts

Acorn Stairlifts Employee Reviews

Canada22 reviews

managementworkgreatcompanyjobworkingstafflong

Featured review

Acorn Stairlifts selected this as a representative review
I had been out of the workforce for several years as a stay at home mom. When I started working here it felt like I had been here a long time. The management is great and my coworkers made me feel comfortable from the first day. The office is a laid back environment. I feel they truly care about the employee's at the company. The only thing I regret is not being here sooner. Apply here, you wont regret it

Pros

Casual dress, Pizza once a month, and cake once a month. Not to mention the benefits and pay

Cons

I really don't have any cons

Fun place but poor structure

A sometimes fun place to work. However, the structure of commission is unfair whereby other agents are allow to ‘steal’ your leads and commissions which are acceptable by management!Recognition is given less on your leads but more on time on the phone. Totally unfair when others take advantage by using that time on personal conversations! Overall work ethics among inside sales people are very poor! Swearing and arguments are completely the norm!

Insights into Acorn Stairlifts

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

depressing company to work for

absolutely no training system in place. they just have you follow ppl around & hope that you learn fast. Heavy lifting/warehouse work/lots of cleaning during training all while getting paid below min. wage. (training is around 2 months average). your work van will be full of garbage after 2-3 days and they expect you to find your own place to throw it at. Management is rude and expects you to do free work. Any overtime is questioned. They have 8-10 guys that quit in the past 6 months and around 5 guys got fired. Very depressing to work here.

Unless you want to argue and fight for your accounts and commission every day, then go work there!

Basically, you get new leads every week , and its assign to you but anyone really can go and sell it and nobody will do anything about it, They setup rules that no-one follows !! bottom line , you loose ur accounts, the commission, and getting frustrated every day at work, because you will watch accounts that that you worked for months, being sold by another agent and take your commission and believe me there is nothing you can do about it, its its what it is and you just have to be ok with itNo salary review no matter how may years you work there and you will not be making 65k more like 32-40!No organized experienced sales rep will accept such!

Poorly manage company

This was a good company until lately when management changed they have no idea of running a corporation and only thing about the company hence why the turnover rate do high.they are very unfair to the workers.

Terrible Management

I have been in retail sales for twenty years and this company was by far the worst company I ever worked for. Management was sneaky and undermining. Very unethical and only carry about lining their pockets. I would say to any sales rep, stay away!

Pros

Cons

Many

School yard environment

The television commercials are a perfect representation of this company - an antiquated embarrassment. Greed supersedes service to the vulnerable sector that is their primary market. Nasty gossip, immaturity and sheer ignorance are commonplace. Abuse of power, zero respect and patronizing from obtuse senior management make for long, unproductive days.

Dont apply

Worst company I have worked for! They only care about money! They dont care about the staff or the customers. They are only looking to rip people off. No proper training. Just stay away!

Cons

Everything!! Just stay away from them!

Quality leads and great support from upper management

Recently laid off due to covid-19, Acorn is, by far, the best job I've ever had. Great work/life balance and the pay is very fair. I look forward to getting back to work so my customers are safe on their stairs!!

As long as you go to work and do your job you'll have no issues. Management is respectful/always there for me. They don't sugar coat anything. If there is a problem - you will hear it. I loved everyone that I worked with. It's definitely a family oriented feel when you work there. Always having snack days (which is totally the best). One thing I would say is they just need to improve on communicating with the staff and giving salary increases quarterly. Other than that, great management on the operations side and employees!

Bad management

Priority over profits vs customer service. Very high turn over rate of staff. Ripping of senior citizens is their best achievements. Business is on a decline. Stay far away

Walk away

Only worried about money. They don’t care about about employees or their customers. Straight lifts are ok but if you have a curved staircase - stay away!

Pros

Cons

everything

Installer/Service Tech. Good money if you give up family/personal life. Not worth the headaches/stress.

Not very well managed, lots of people in and out either because of how miserable they are with the job atmosphere or because management is constantly letting people go. Don’t care about your personal life outside of the job, working at time 12+ hour days and even longer if you actually stop to break.

great place to work

this job involved a lot of driving, most of the the time this required overnight stays in hotels. this proved to be quite difficult with my wife working and three small children to get off to school everyday.

Pros

pay

Cons

too many nights away from home

Productive enivroment

- a typical day at work would be answer phone calls from clients with inquires of their product. - calling clients to set up appointments for free estimates -the most enjoyable part of working at Acorn Stairlifts was the satisfaction of helping clients and pointing them into the right direction.

Pros

free luches

Bad mamagement

Willing to do anything to make a buck off of seniors. Poor product quality, poor services. No room for advancement high staff turn over ratem 1 year empolyment. Bad morale. Looks great to start. Most staff are 9n the job hunt.

Pros

Mon to Friday 8-5 45min lunch

Cons

Maanagement

Have fun in a redundant job

As an unsolds employee, you have to call a maximum of clients unsold leads that were first met by a road representative that can sell the stairlifts 5 days exclusively before you with the same price possibility as my position. The company will ask you to call the same clients to a maximum of 3 times per day and have to do 100+ calls a day on a daily with around a thousand lead, which leads you to an infinite redundancy of spamming clients. The work environment is nice and friendly. Even if you have a job security, they do threaten easily their employee to fire them easily which leads to a stressful environment.

Excellent

Excellent is the best , all great work , great company , good to work for , excellent excellent excellent , way to the future , really happy with all the great work

Fast paced sales office selling medical product to seniors & people with mobility issues

Fast paced call centre/sales office environment with capped commission structure - Micro-managed but fun working with great co-workers and sales team. Pleasant customers, majority seniors, very memorable clients. Typical day consists of following up with leads, booking appointments for estimates on stairlifts, closing sales

Pros

Working with nice staff and sales team members

Cons

Micro-Managed, capped commision, not many opportunities for growth

A healthy environment to serve the elderley

Installers, Tech Support, Service Techs are highly trained. Great enjoyment from installation and follow up service.

Pros

Satisfaction

Cons

Mississauga

Inside Sales

Was half decent place until owner came to town and greed came with it. Trying to mirror U.S.A. systems, management is abusive and will humiliate you in front of your co-workers. Every move is monitored. Calls are recorded and listened to daily and not for quality control.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acorn Stairlifts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement