Ace Courier Services Ltd Employee Reviews

Don't do it
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 December 2018
People who work there are two-faced and show no signs of recognition or appreciation. It takes a major toll on your physical and mental health. There's no job security, either. They told me I was being hired full time and a couple of months later they cut my hours in half with no notice because there wasn't enough work for all of us. One day I was full-time and the next day I was part-time.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
It's a man's company.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2018
Old school type of department. I was in the financial end. No email at my desk, no music to lighten the day. You are given your work every day, not allowed to be proactive in your duties, follow the guidelines of the office manager whether it wasn't right in your opinion. Your opinion doesn't count. Just key the information in the system and keep your mouth shut. Get all the cheques, eft's or payables done in a timely matter every day, nothing is held over to the next day. Keep your desk clean of paperwork.
Pros
when you were busy the day flew by
Cons
when it was slow it dragged
no good
Accounts Receivable/Customer Service/ Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 October 2018
No room to expand or go up in your job
no raises
no paid vacation
no benefits
high turn over
higher management is horrible
high turn over for management
Not a good place
Driver owner/operator (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC22 October 2018
got lied to told i was getting a promotion with benefits. very hard to deal with some office people found one day i was busy then not no consistency had asked over and over for more work was told it was coming but did not happen
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
poor management lots of favoritism
very inconsistenet
Temporary Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB8 October 2018
it was a very difficult place to work at that time there. were several young ladies who worked in the establishment and made drama instead of work their main concern....
Terriable management and environment
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Port Kells, BC21 August 2018
The management is run very poorly in Port Kells. It’s all family and they only try to benefit the self not caring about you. They don’t train properly or help you advance, keighley Pickering always putting you down.
Pros
Nice drivers
Dishonest + Lowest Wage
Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 July 2018
You don’t work here as hard as the other courier companies however the pay is the lowest in the industry, no benefits and high stress.

Really does feel like a small tiny company with the lack of professionalism and dishonesty by management and office staff smile and act friendly while they gossip and backstab you at the same time.

I was just amazed at the workplace hazards that happen at this location that go unreported.
Pros
Easy work, Free Lunches sometimes
Cons
Minimum Wage, No Benefits, Deceiving people, No training
management
Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC19 May 2018
past management claimed they knew how to run a company, I call bs, same with new management. They shouldn't hired people who used to run other companies, just cause they left that job, doesn't mean they know how to run another company, it's not the same but they run it sh!tty just like the last company they worked for.
Pros
decent $
Cons
useless management, vernon & golden
Not very good upper management
Dispatcher/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 April 2018
Not very good upper management, the previous manager had no experience in the courier business when he was hired. He lost quite a few clients and created a very negative work atmosphere.
Fun, relaxed warehouse environment, but poorly managed
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 February 2018
The sorting work is relatively simple and the working environment is great. The warehouse has a laid back atmosphere and the coworkers are pretty great. The salary and benefits are lacking, especially compared to similar warehouse jobs.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
management, pay
very clicky
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC28 November 2017
very busy and stress full,
Office manager thought she was better than anyone else
A lot of swearing
The hardest part of the job was staying out of arms way of the office manager.

Working with the drivers was great
Pros
free friday lunch
Do not work for them
Courier (Former Employee) –  Derby15 June 2017
Rip offs 50 hours plus a week and u get paid 1300 after tax a month or less do don't waste your time always on call wait about all day for a phone call to start work. 0 hours basic contract
Pros
Talk a good talk
Cons
No holiday pay no sick pay you get more money working in tesco
Good Staff
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB24 May 2017
Outside our branch, the company is good to work for. I am still employed with ACE. However, some management issues are the cause of my search for new employment.
Work together like a team
Driver (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC24 November 2016
Work hard with hart. honestly Is the only key for success.
Be a part of company and friendly with over coworkers. Don't get pennik when some time we get stuck in somekind of work keep patients always at work
never ever ever
Assistant Dispatch-Overflow driver-warehouseman (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2016
poor pay, pathetic management and nowhere to go. They talk a good game, but cannot come forward to pay employees what they are worth. President of company takes pride in telling lies and trying to get the most while paying the least. Several instances of being lied to straight to my face after I already had the truth at my disposal.
Pros
getting laid off
Cons
everything ACE
Ace Courier was a very wonderful place to work for. It was a very producitve company, co-workers were very helpul and fun to work with.
Data Entry- Part (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC17 November 2015
I would rate Ace Courier a 5 star establishment to work for.Management were always courteous and helpful and always very pleasant. My co-workers were also very courteous and friendly. My typical day at Ace Courier was to contact clients with overdue accounts and to politely seek payment from them. i would work with data entry with way bills as to which i also enjoyed very much. i learned how to enter data at Ace Courier and the significance with way bills. I learned how to file in a very organized system. I did not find anything difficult about my job with Ace Courier.
Pros
Employers/ Employees were a team effort
Cons
Short hours
Overall a great palce to work as we had a scheduled run to certian customers every day and formed friendships
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB26 September 2015
Manager was great to get along with and we became good friends after not too long which made the job enjoyable. As stated earlier we had a scheduled run to do each day and we formed friendships with our customers and looked forward to talking to them about their day and such. Was a small company with only 3 people so not much friction between any of us at all.
Pros
Enjoyed working with my co-worker.
Cons
Took some getting used to the split shift and first but not a big hassle at all.
very good
Administrative Assistant / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 September 2015
I love this company very family orientated and i loved there work. THEY TAUGHT ME A LOT IN REGARDS TO PAYROLL AND THE SHIPPING ASPECTS OF THE COMPANY
fast paced environement
Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 June 2014
It's a fast paced environment and I enjoyed each type of job I did everyday. Everyone is friendly.
almost like a family run atmosphere
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC8 February 2013
ace was a great place to work. got along with most staff members.
Pros
hour long lunches