Ace Courier Services Ltd
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

Working at Ace Courier Services Ltd: Latest Ace Courier Services Ltd Reviews

Canada50 reviews

lotdaypeopleemployeemanagementplacecompanypay

Fast pace, always fixing problems

The systems, are antiquated if they exist at all. Many problems are continually the same issues over and over. Resistance to create a better solution.

Pros

Good pelple

Cons

Stuck in, how we have always done it

good large warehouse

good canadian company newer equipment relaxed atmosphere sometimes overloaded had to share truck often needed more equipment sometimes slow on maintainance requests

Pros

new trucks

Cons

night shift

Insights into Ace Courier Services Ltd

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to learn new things

Can be a very good place to work very relaxed just do your job

It is a nice place to just do your work and not be bothered too much. Good people to work for but nothing negative will ever change there. It’s not perfect but pretty darn good.

Casual, upbeat and flexible a great place to work.

Ace Courier is a fantastic place to work, whether a company employee or an owner operators. It provides a safe environment and a comfortable work environment.

Solid Warehouse Job

The ACE warehouse i worked at was pretty solid. For the most part I was just left to do my job, which for me I like a lot.The Address sorting is totally manual, which can take a minute to learn but isn't really a big deal after a few weeks.

Pros

Independence, No BS, Reasonable workload

Cons

Weird mix of things to ship, analog address system

Owner operator

This place is a horrible place to work unless you enjoy walking on glass everyday and management that goes through employees on regular basis, this job is not for you. Again horrible management!

Productive fun place to work

Great place to work relaxed atmosphere fair wages really understanding management and staff to work with Great place to be and work great people and equipment

Paid well for what I do

Coworkers are mostly pleasant and friendly. Equipment is fixed if there's a problem. My remuneration is unexpectedly good ($325/day). My truck is 1 year old Volvo automatic - I like it. My boss expressed his appreciation for my work but doesn't micromanage me. Any expenses I incur are instantly reimbursed to me in cash. All in all, one of the better jobs I've had.

Love it!

Love working here! Great atmosphere in the office and awesome co workers. All employees work well as a team to try and exceed customers expectations.

Awful Place.

Poor management, this company runs like a high school club. Overall the Nanaimo branch in the worst. Don't waste your time. ACE Courier actually looks bad on your resume. They have a reputation for treating their staff and drivers poorly.

Pros

Cons

bad management, unorganized, no support, no training

Just don't do it, stay away

I'll start off by saying. If you aren't a favorite, your job at Ace is not safe. I was "laid off" so that a former employee could come back into the role.A typical day was answering questions from customers, making arrangements to pick up shipments, tracking packages via an extremely outdated system, completing paperwork, assisting customers that came to the workplace, and operating the forklift. Management has a bit of a soft touch and doesn't provide any sort of backup. There is no integrity and lots of favoritism.I know it's "just business" but if you have any sort of integrity, avoid Ace Courier.

Pros

building rapport with customers, drivers, my chair was spinny, getting to use the forklift

Cons

long hours, office drama, blatant favoritism, dealing with Lethbridge drivers

Great job for honest workers who enjoy being productive.

I worked here for a little over year, and recommend this job to anyone responsible, and willing to put in an honest days work for an honest days pay. I left ACE to help a family friend with their business, and never had anything negative to say about the staff or management, who all have the best intentions for each other, and were supportive of me during and outside work hours.Toxic and cynical individuals need not apply, as you wont fit in. You reap what you sow, so if you want to earn a decent wage, doing a fulfilling job this is a great place to consider!

Pros

Friendly clientele, freedom, stable pay, benefits, regular routines etc. etc.

Cons

Sometimes people are not home and there's porch pirates lurking.

Would not recommend.

* A typical day is rife with personal safety hazards. Provided with inadequate equipment (or inadequately maintained equipment) to safely do the job and told to "figure it out". * Blame-based management style. Heavily confrontational. * Many good people work for this company. However, there is little to no training, possibly a result of high turnover. Dated operations, very little streamlining. A lot of redundant/unnecessary work as a result. No SOPs. No job descriptions. Many employees are heavily stressed. Team morale is very low.* The most difficult part of the job was the endless, sweeping operational changes that seemed to change on a whim. The management style often made it difficult to maintain a positive attitude. Vacations are few and far between. Pay increase structure is non-existent.* The most enjoyable part of the job was working with some of the team members, weekends and holidays off, and building relationships with customers. Pay is fair for the positions. Benefit package is a budget package, but one is available for some positions. I would not recommend Ace Courier Services Ltd.

Pros

Weekends and holidays off. Fair pay.

Cons

Management. Personal safety. Job security. Vacations.

Great place

I enjoyed working here. I learned alot about the courier/shipping industry. Great people and good honest work. If I had to work here again, I'd do so in a heartbeat.

Pros

Work/life balance.

Cons

No advancement.

Team work! No time for duds.

Currently employed and especially enjoy the "get it done" way of doing business. Work mates are great but if you're a loafer, shop elsewhere. No place for booze hounds and slackers. Come to work to work, not relax.

Pros

Kamloops Depot Management.

Cons

Changing priorities sometimes happen.

Great place

I'm so thankful that Ace Courier hired me. Its tough finding a job these days especially one where you enjoying coming to work everyday. People work hard but have fun doing it. Lots of laughs with customers and the people within the company. Branch manager buys us lunch every Friday as a thanks. Its nice to work at a place that appreciates you

I like working here. Not boring.

Do your job and you will be alright. Its what you make of it. Time off isnt usually a problem. Forward thinking is a plus and a good memory is very helpful.

Pros

Busy. Easy to get along with.

Cons

No benefits

Control freaks

I worked in the financial centre in Calgary and I found that the lady who ran the office is a control freak, belligerent and possibly bipolar. You're not allowed to talk to the employees who work with you are not allowed to ask questions, you're often made to feel you're not doing a good enough job

Pros

Casual dress

Cons

Treated like a child in school run by a strict nun

Very stressful toxic environment

Very stressfull. They blame everything on the dispatcher. The office manager is the absolute worst. She gossips about u and physically bullies you. Management doesn't ever stick up for you. Very toxic environment with office manager.

Pros

Drivers

Cons

Office manager

Poor

Don't trust them they will use you and not pay you fairly stay away you have to use your own money to make them money run away they use people with cars for their own gain and don't pay you

Official response from Ace Courier Services Ltd

3 February 2020
It's important to note that this ACE Courier does not operate east of AB and BC... Therefore we're not located in Dartmouth NS, which is where this person works.Thank you.

no Complaints

It was a decent place to work, friendly staff, trucks ran good, pay was alright, and they recognise people that want to work, easy to get time off for family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ace Courier Services Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement