Acden
Happiness score is 50 out of 100

Acden Employee Reviews

Canada70 reviews

Productive and fun

Good co workers fun and caring. Managerment is good they care what you think and takes safety a priority. On downside is no career advancment pretty much stuck.

Great company to work for. Very family oriented.

Acden is a very diverse company with lots of great opportunities. Acden is a fun company to work for and has an easy going group of employees. Love working for Acden.

Insights into Acden

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks

Terrible company

I’ve had two stints with this company in two different departments and the culture is toxic. Work environment is like a high school environment. Won’t matter how hard you work, if you don’t fit with their clique you will not get proper training or treatment and you will be miserable. Had issues with harassment from a manager even after I left and still brought it up to hr. Did not receive an apology or explanation.Do not work here until the company overhauls their management. I would hate for anyone to go through what I went through.

Pros

It’s a job and they pay you I guess

Cons

Work culture Bad management Lots of higher ups with undeserved or unqualified positions

Stay clear of Acden CNRL listings.

Low wage, if you live out of town it’s alright, in town you struggle financially. Acden Management is a joke, literally has no care for any employee’s, intimidating towards workers as well. In town employees get a 25$ pay for taking the bus but thats a joke compared to the camp guys getting free food, housing and flights. Incidents every other day, stressful area overall just stay clear and apply elsewheres.

Pros

One free drink a shift.

Cons

Everything else

Not bad

With the economy & inflation the way it is & will keep going it wont be enough. But if you dont have a trade ticket its great work! Get the oilfield experience and go from there.

Terrible management / poor pay

They expect everything and give nothing. Management is non existent they don't help with training or listen to issues at hand. They say what you want to hear and then nothing happenes they are a garbage company.

Excellent company in some ways but…

Loved every minute at Acden. Good pay and equipment. People are friendly and helping. Used to be a high turn over rate but it got corrected with a pay increase. I find the managers don’t like to listen to some ideas that the workers in the field suggests. Sometimes they make us feel like children in a sand box. If only they would go on some ideas what operators suggest it would be great. They are the ones that know the work the most and what’s safe and what works. Last but most troubling, they have field supervisors that are literally supervising a transport company and they don’t even have a class 1 license or experience. How are you supposed to ask them for help when they don’t even know how or what we are talking about. They are literally only good for the office. There’s a lot of others who feel this way.

Pros

Friendly and good pay

Collaborative and Progressive Work Environment

Work-life balance, the opportunity to progress in my career, and the ability to make an impact are important to me. All of those values are fulfilled for me at Acden. In addition, I feel supported and heard by my manager and supported by my teammates. I am proud to work at Acden and recommend Acden as an employer to all job seekers.

Relaxed environment, but salary is on the low end

Guys in the shop are fun easy going people, tools are sub-par. It's a mine so expect to get muddy. Pay is definitely needing a upgrade haven't seen a raise in 10 years

ACDEN is constantly hiring.

ACDEN Facilities is a revolving door, people are constantly quitting. They have great safety meetings and tell you to take your time, but when it comes down to it, the pressure is on and they don't give you the time you need to finish a job without cutting corners. I was threatened to be fired on a weekly basis if my paperwork wasn't filled out correctly. I was also told not to use the health coverage for multiple reasons, one of them being my job.

Pros

Great shift.

Cons

Micro management

Last resort

I’m sure theirs better and worse places to work. The shop isn’t properly equipped or tooled to efficiently and safely do the job. Supplies often run to nothing.

Pros

Good crews

Cons

No supplies, no tooling, improper practices, poor air quality, management lies, constant fight to get anything.

Mismanaged and reactive

Mismanaged and micromanaged, always struggling to get supplies, mid level management has their hands tied from above more often then not so have a tough time trying to do their job, and make yours a little better.

Pros

Pay was reasonable, not the best, not the worst. Good place to get your foot into Fort Mac, then move on once your either fed up with the company, or find something better.

Cons

Mid level management was always scrambling to juggle people and priorities, Upper level management was a joke, we were always fighting to get the supplies we needed or machines repaired, if you were out in the field you often got bounced from truck to truck, and would end up without the stuff you would need. Yet it was your own fault, even after they would get mad if you try to check the truck over to see what it did or didn’t have.

Great crews to work with. Supervisor is great easy to get along with

Small shop feel but doing big money making jobs. Everyone gets along, And helps everyone out if needed. Safety is taken seriously. If you have a issue bring it up.

Pros

Just go to work. Stay busy. Helps the days go by. But no one bird doggin.

Cons

Lack of consumables

No supply for workers

Very bad management. They do not buy tools and they don’t supply tools. When you ask for tools they don’t give you tools to do the job. The equipments they have in the shop are old and don’t work or broken and they don’t fix it. I would not recommend any body to come and work there

Worst management

The new management changed completely my experience at AcdenIt used to be a friendly workplace but not anymoreIf you work one day 10-12 hr, next day they might sent you home because of slow period. That never happened before. The management sent me on temp leave when covid started but the rest of the workers had the hours cut. It didn’t mattered that I was the oldest and the most experienced, he just sent me home( personal issues with me). Everyone is afraid not to be sent home or have hours cut, so yes, worst workplace Good money, dirty work and not the healthiest

Pros

Good pay

Cons

I've never made so much money trying to do my job

It's a love hate thing... Love the hours and the work and the camp life... you eat go to work eat go to bed....eat go to work eat go to bed... for a week...Then I have a week to do what I want! One months pay for 2 weeks of work... PlusDown side... management.... as long as you do the tasks and don't question your good.... Use WHAT YOU HAVE GONE TO SCHOOL for and have a Red Seal.....Your an idiot... Don't get me wrong if you can play the game your good...I've had three tours with them and applied again for a 6 month contract.... No brain... no pain

Pros

Time Off

Cons

Micro Managing... but it might be an oil sands thing

Great people with innovation

Great place to work and support the community with good programs and leadership. The building is second to none and being a First Nations company there is always opportunities

Pros

Innovation

Cons

Not much

No integrity

If you work here, don't believe their policies. I would just call every situation like it is. Don't expect their HR department to be honest with you. Nothing but deception from every angle in management. Tools are terrible here as you get an old damaged junk tool boxes with garbage tools. The manager suggests you make a list of things you need and it doesn't happen. Manager wants his bonus and for some reason and not investing in employees is his way. I don't know how they expect efficiency or happy employees that way. I strongly disliked every day I worked here and just used it as a stepping stone to my next opportunity. Dirty work, terrible organization. People were quiting this place monthly when I worked here. Most jobs like this paid 10$ more.

Pros

Long breaks, fly in fly out, camp food, 7 days off

Cons

Dirty work, procedures are flawed and inefficient, bad management/HR, scrap tools

Excellent company with experienced executive leadership

I've been with Acden for many years and through many challenging scenarios: from multiple natural disasters to multiple volatile swings in oil and gas and of course a pandemic. The executive and management have been very impressive in their ability to provide a clam and stable work environment and I'm often surprised at the retention of long term employee's and how many employee's have left and then asked if there may be a position available if they were to come back. Acden is an excellent company to work for and the Executive have made several decisions in my employment where they have chosen employee welfare over profitability. I greatly enjoy the many people I have worked with and currently do work with.

Pros

Strong commitment to employee well being, skilled executive and management groups.

Cons

Communication to all employee's can be slow or not comprehensive.

Great people and really good management team

My time at Acden Environment was really good ! I enjoyed the work and most of the people I worked with. Management was approachable and actually took the time to listen to any concerns. Some days were more stressful than others regarding the work load but we pulled through as a team and got the job done as required in a safe and efficient manner. Overall I think this company is great to work for and the compensation is very fair.

Pros

Free water and all PPE is supplied by the company

Cons

Camp Environment

Productive work environment with lots to learn and grow

Busy work environment with ample room to learn and grow. Helpful team. Love working here, not for someone who doesn't want to challenge self to learn new stuff. Company is growing and seeks individuals who want to grow with it. Supervisors are helpful and want to see you succeed. Management understands concerns and deals with issues promptly.

Pros

Good salary, good benefits, alot of learning opportunities, challenging

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acden. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement