Acden

Acden Employee Reviews

My time at Acden Environment was really good ! I enjoyed the work and most of the people I worked with. Management was approachable and actually took the time to listen to any concerns. Some days were more stressful than others regarding the work load but we pulled through as a team and got the job done as required in a safe and efficient manner. Overall I think this company is great to work for and the compensation is very fair.
Pros
Free water and all PPE is supplied by the company
Cons
Camp Environment
I've been with Acden for many years and through many challenging scenarios: from multiple natural disasters to multiple volatile swings in oil and gas and of course a pandemic. The executive and management have been very impressive in their ability to provide a clam and stable work environment and I'm often surprised at the retention of long term employee's and how many employee's have left and then asked if there may be a position available if they were to come back. Acden is an excellent company to work for and the Executive have made several decisions in my employment where they have chosen employee welfare over profitability. I greatly enjoy the many people I have worked with and currently do work with.
Pros
Strong commitment to employee well being, skilled executive and management groups.
Cons
Communication to all employee's can be slow or not comprehensive.
Busy work environment with ample room to learn and grow. Helpful team. Love working here, not for someone who doesn't want to challenge self to learn new stuff. Company is growing and seeks individuals who want to grow with it. Supervisors are helpful and want to see you succeed. Management understands concerns and deals with issues promptly.
Pros
Good salary, good benefits, alot of learning opportunities, challenging
Absolutely terrible site culture which begins directly with the client they serve. A once enjoyable work atmosphere has turned into a "boys club" through bullying/harassment practices which to this day still exist. If you aren't on the in club inflating the right persons ego you're out. Management on one of the shifts have sat in their positions long enough for the plant size and hvac equipment to outgrow their own skill set. This makes it difficult for anyone who is a decent technician to take direction from them or for them to have the ability to manage. The safety and rule culture is punitive. There is no incentive plan...only punishment and scrutiny on a daily basis. If you don't buy into what they say..even if you have to fake it. You're gone. The company as a whole lacks direction and vision. Other then trying to gain one contract there is no vision. You are a body..thats it. There is zero room for advancement or staff development. No plan...no action..weak, deceitful and uninspiring leadership. Not the type of people to look up to.Many great technicians have come and gone due to management. Great crew..terrible place to work.
Pros
Great Crew
Cons
Terrible and stale Leadership
If you like being put down and belittled... work here! Stressful environment caused only by poor management covering each other's mistakes. Never been treated so badly in my 30 years in the industry.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Stressful environment
HR is called in for everything. If they don't like you they'll write you up for the smallest infractions. They do not treat their workers fairly. Management will throw their employees under the bus for anything. disgusting work culture.
Acden is a company that will provide plenty of room to grow your career, provide plenty of hours and always look after you. Highly recommend this company!
Pros
Room to grow, plenty hours, steady reliable work, family culture
Cons
I really like working for Acden. The supervisors i deal with are easy to get along with and don't crucify ya if ya make a mistake. They don't just talk safety, its mandatory, a real change from my experience in the garbage industry. Equipment is well maintained and recycled after 5 years. I have improved my resume by getting trained on alot of other Equipment too. The only thing I don't like is the pay for Offsite...
Pros
Newer equipment, lots of work, good supervisor's
Cons
Pay is a little lower then i would like
Local job, really. No flights, no accommodations. Pay is good, but costly unless you are local. They hired us on potentially getting a contract extension that never panned out. I see they have an add again, not worth the insecurity.
Pros
Pay per hour great
Cons
No security!!!! Management hired for work that never came.
Been with this company off and on for 6 yrs, fast paced environment, coworkers are great to work with, supervision and management are overall great with room for improvement
Pros
enables us to socialise, build contacts and find support
Cons
A lack of community and differences in culture
A very good place to work. Very welcoming, open minded, eager to show some skills as well as learning from you. The management is calm and collected, they know their thing. They are actually the best
Pros
Free gifts, employee recognition
Cons
Yeah long hours but worth it
biggest issue and I know its still going on today is there are people that have been there a long time and are in positions they do not deserve to be in because they have no idea the environment techs have to work in . And as being on the contractor side of an CNRL site you have sup par treatment compared to CNRL staff. That may be out of Acdens hands but as someone going to live in a commissary living and how little upkeep there was on the contractor building was a shame .
Management has always make sure the safety of worker are first priority and every one has happy to do his job . The company also given the all benifets like medical and life insurance .
This was a very challenging office to be a part of. Management was very unclear of expectations, no real training or guidance and comparable to a high school atmosphere will lots of drama.
Working at ACDEN is very challenging but enjoyable place to work. I do recommend ACDEN to other job seeker because they give a fair treatment to each and everyone who worked in their company. Being a part of their company, I can say that I've learned a lot on how to managed our time properly. Yes, cleaning is hard for us senior, but if you will think and feel positively your environment even your co-workers, nothing is hard for us.
Really enjoyed working with Acden, Staff was really easy going and fun to work with. Very safe work enviroment, Would recommend anyone to work with Acden.
Amazing work culture and great management team. Management truly believes in work-life balance. Not a moment of complaint and always fun to come to work!
There is a reason they are always URGENTLY hiring! Morale is very low, the work is extremely redundant/mundane unless your with the in-crowd. Advancement is not an option in any way! Highest turnover in the Industry. There is a 90 Day site ban if you realize it's not for you and decide to move on.
Great training incentives.....team players.....busy daily work schedules....safety awareness and practices. Good supervision and staff appreciated . A good company to work for
Long Hours for local 14+ a day with bus. And no compensation.This is a Local company that supports FIFO for some odd reason if your not part of a clique your an outcast , expectations are impossible to meet and pay is not nearly satisfactory ,safety is low key with many incidents. Pros- met some Amazing people and lifelong friends ,7 days off , cons- Poor management . Avoid this place like the plague
Work alone. Work fast. Get yelled at. Poor safety culture. High turnover. Employer of last resort. Management team is unconcerned with good Buisness practice. Lack of concern for Acden brand evident over and aver again.
  1. Employee reviews