Acden
Acden Employee Review

Great people, great Equipment, lots of work

2 December 2020
I really like working for Acden. The supervisors i deal with are easy to get along with and don't crucify ya if ya make a mistake. They don't just talk safety, its mandatory, a real change from my experience in the garbage industry. Equipment is well maintained and recycled after 5 years. I have improved my resume by getting trained on alot of other Equipment too. The only thing I don't like is the pay for Offsite...
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Newer equipment, lots of work, good supervisor's
Cons
Pay is a little lower then i would like
3 February 2020
Same roleSame location
Lugger Truck Operator (Former Employee) - Fort McMurray, AB
Really enjoyed working with Acden, Staff was really easy going and fun to work with. Very safe work enviroment, Would recommend anyone to work with Acden.
11 February 2018
Same roleSame location
Truck Driver - class 3 w/ airbrakes endorsement (Current Employee) - Fort McMurray, AB
I'm happy work with the company, its fun . they give me a chance to trained some of the equipment in the company. family first and your safety that the first concern of the company to their employee
27 February 2021
Same location
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) - Fort McMurray, AB
Absolutely terrible site culture which begins directly with the client they serve. A once enjoyable work atmosphere has turned into a "boys club" through bullying/harassment practices which to this day still exist. If you aren't on the in club inflating the right persons ego you're out. Management on one of the shifts have sat in their positions long enough for the plant size and hvac equipment to outgrow their own skill set. This makes it difficult for anyone who is a decent technician to take direction from them or for them to have the ability to manage. The safety and rule culture is punitive. There is no incentive plan...only punishment and scrutiny on a daily basis. If you don't buy into what they say..even if you have to fake it. You're gone. The company as a whole lacks direction and vision. Other then trying to gain one contract there is no vision. You are a body..thats it. There is zero room for advancement or staff development. No plan...no action..weak, deceitful and uninspiring leadership. Not the type of people to look up to.Many great technicians have come and gone due to management. Great crew..terrible place to work.
Pros
Great Crew
Cons
Terrible and stale Leadership
  1. Great people, great Equipment, lots of work