Acden

Acden Employee Reviews

Canada78 reviews

safetylongmanagementcompanygoodenvironmentpayemployee

Unorganized

Pay is low, company is cheap, absolutely unorganized. Often felt like every day was management's first day amd they were just winging it. No trust in their employees.

Relaxed place to work. I joyed time I worked there. Management was easy going. Other staff was very helpful if you were unsure of something there was always someone to ask

Insights into Acden

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Worse company I worked for.

No advancement. Lack luster supervisors. That should have moved on. Very toxic workforce. Very clicky people. That if you don't fit in your out the door. No pay structure for years. Incidents every odd day on site. Lots of personal complacent and anyone that wasn't was lying to you. To not get in trouble.

Pros

Free coffee at the coffee station.

Cons

Supervisors don't back you up, Work personal extremely toxic and very clicky, Safety or management teams rarely showed unless to belittle you, No advancement in pay for years due to contacts of the past. Written in stone.

Work life balance was okay, day to day tasks good be rewarding. Some challenges with management but issues could be resolved. It was an interesting experience.

Friendly work place

Very strict about safety which is needed to be. Competitive wages. Supervisors great and knowledgeable and helpful. Shift fellowship is good and always the company ask for overtime. It will be more attractive if the shift goes 14days on and 14days off

70's/80's Management style/no advancement/no pay increases

If you are a site employee, the only time you will see management is when you are being dressed down or fired. The culture is one of toxicity.Most of the management team should have retired by now and made way for some progressive thinking. Acden's management is based on a 70's/80's culture of "do what I say without questioning the reason" That belittling method simply doesn't work anymore.In a twist of irony, they are an aboriginally run company that does not practice inclusion.

Poor work environment

Good benefits but not busy enough throughout the shift, there was a lot of downtime in between shifts. They only had labourers on the crew to say they had one, the tasks they had us perform were not meaningful and lacked purpose.

They make you feel welcome, great place to work!

Management, Co-workers all great people to work with & learn from. I was only hired for a temporary position or I would of loved to stay, if you get an opportunity to work for ACDEN do not hesitate to accept the offer.

Pros

Camp Life, good wages, good people!

Cons

No cons

Stay away

No support from management and poor pay for the job requirements. After many co workers left they still don’t look internally and ask “why?”, the reason is unsatisfactory support and compensation.

fun place to work

its a open and calm place to work, really enjoy my time here. great staff and fast pace environment, plus a descent wage and hours. recommend working here if you agree with the policy's

Productive and fun

Good co workers fun and caring. Managerment is good they care what you think and takes safety a priority. On downside is no career advancment pretty much stuck.

Great company to work for. Very family oriented.

Acden is a very diverse company with lots of great opportunities. Acden is a fun company to work for and has an easy going group of employees. Love working for Acden.

Stay clear of Acden CNRL listings.

Low wage, if you live out of town it’s alright, in town you struggle financially. Acden Management is a joke, literally has no care for any employee’s, intimidating towards workers as well. In town employees get a 25$ pay for taking the bus but thats a joke compared to the camp guys getting free food, housing and flights. Incidents every other day, stressful area overall just stay clear and apply elsewheres.

Pros

One free drink a shift.

Cons

Everything else

Not bad

With the economy & inflation the way it is & will keep going it wont be enough. But if you dont have a trade ticket its great work! Get the oilfield experience and go from there.

Terrible management / poor pay

They expect everything and give nothing. Management is non existent they don't help with training or listen to issues at hand. They say what you want to hear and then nothing happenes they are a garbage company.

Excellent company in some ways but…

Loved every minute at Acden. Good pay and equipment. People are friendly and helping. Used to be a high turn over rate but it got corrected with a pay increase. I find the managers don’t like to listen to some ideas that the workers in the field suggests. Sometimes they make us feel like children in a sand box. If only they would go on some ideas what operators suggest it would be great. They are the ones that know the work the most and what’s safe and what works. Last but most troubling, they have field supervisors that are literally supervising a transport company and they don’t even have a class 1 license or experience. How are you supposed to ask them for help when they don’t even know how or what we are talking about. They are literally only good for the office. There’s a lot of others who feel this way.

Pros

Friendly and good pay

Collaborative and Progressive Work Environment

Work-life balance, the opportunity to progress in my career, and the ability to make an impact are important to me. All of those values are fulfilled for me at Acden. In addition, I feel supported and heard by my manager and supported by my teammates. I am proud to work at Acden and recommend Acden as an employer to all job seekers.

Relaxed environment, but salary is on the low end

Guys in the shop are fun easy going people, tools are sub-par. It's a mine so expect to get muddy. Pay is definitely needing a upgrade haven't seen a raise in 10 years

ACDEN is constantly hiring.

ACDEN Facilities is a revolving door, people are constantly quitting. They have great safety meetings and tell you to take your time, but when it comes down to it, the pressure is on and they don't give you the time you need to finish a job without cutting corners. I was threatened to be fired on a weekly basis if my paperwork wasn't filled out correctly. I was also told not to use the health coverage for multiple reasons, one of them being my job.

Pros

Great shift.

Cons

Micro management

Last resort

I’m sure theirs better and worse places to work. The shop isn’t properly equipped or tooled to efficiently and safely do the job. Supplies often run to nothing.

Pros

Good crews

Cons

No supplies, no tooling, improper practices, poor air quality, management lies, constant fight to get anything.

Mismanaged and reactive

Mismanaged and micromanaged, always struggling to get supplies, mid level management has their hands tied from above more often then not so have a tough time trying to do their job, and make yours a little better.

Pros

Pay was reasonable, not the best, not the worst. Good place to get your foot into Fort Mac, then move on once your either fed up with the company, or find something better.

Cons

Mid level management was always scrambling to juggle people and priorities, Upper level management was a joke, we were always fighting to get the supplies we needed or machines repaired, if you were out in the field you often got bounced from truck to truck, and would end up without the stuff you would need. Yet it was your own fault, even after they would get mad if you try to check the truck over to see what it did or didn’t have.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acden. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Acden with

Learn about Acden in popular locations

• Acden