Acden
Happiness score is 52 out of 100

Acden Employee Reviews

I've never made so much money trying to do my job

It's a love hate thing... Love the hours and the work and the camp life... you eat go to work eat go to bed....eat go to work eat go to bed... for a week...Then I have a week to do what I want! One months pay for 2 weeks of work... PlusDown side... management.... as long as you do the tasks and don't question your good.... Use WHAT YOU HAVE GONE TO SCHOOL for and have a Red Seal.....Your an idiot... Don't get me wrong if you can play the game your good...I've had three tours with them and applied again for a 6 month contract.... No brain... no pain

Pros

Time Off

Cons

Micro Managing... but it might be an oil sands thing

No supply for workers

Very bad management. They do not buy tools and they don’t supply tools. When you ask for tools they don’t give you tools to do the job. The equipments they have in the shop are old and don’t work or broken and they don’t fix it. I would not recommend any body to come and work there

Worst management

The new management changed completely my experience at AcdenIt used to be a friendly workplace but not anymoreIf you work one day 10-12 hr, next day they might sent you home because of slow period. That never happened before. The management sent me on temp leave when covid started but the rest of the workers had the hours cut. It didn’t mattered that I was the oldest and the most experienced, he just sent me home( personal issues with me). Everyone is afraid not to be sent home or have hours cut, so yes, worst workplace Good money, dirty work and not the healthiest

Pros

Good pay

Great people with innovation

Great place to work and support the community with good programs and leadership. The building is second to none and being a First Nations company there is always opportunities

Pros

Innovation

Cons

Not much

No integrity

If you work here, don't believe their policies. I would just call every situation like it is. Don't expect their HR department to be honest with you. Nothing but deception from every angle in management. Tools are terrible here as you get an old damaged junk tool boxes with garbage tools. The manager suggests you make a list of things you need and it doesn't happen. Manager wants his bonus and for some reason and not investing in employees is his way. I don't know how they expect efficiency or happy employees that way. I strongly disliked every day I worked here and just used it as a stepping stone to my next opportunity. Dirty work, terrible organization. People were quiting this place monthly when I worked here. Most jobs like this paid 10$ more.

Pros

Long breaks, fly in fly out, camp food, 7 days off

Cons

Dirty work, procedures are flawed and inefficient, bad management/HR, scrap tools

Excellent company with experienced executive leadership

I've been with Acden for many years and through many challenging scenarios: from multiple natural disasters to multiple volatile swings in oil and gas and of course a pandemic. The executive and management have been very impressive in their ability to provide a clam and stable work environment and I'm often surprised at the retention of long term employee's and how many employee's have left and then asked if there may be a position available if they were to come back. Acden is an excellent company to work for and the Executive have made several decisions in my employment where they have chosen employee welfare over profitability. I greatly enjoy the many people I have worked with and currently do work with.

Pros

Strong commitment to employee well being, skilled executive and management groups.

Cons

Communication to all employee's can be slow or not comprehensive.

Great people and really good management team

My time at Acden Environment was really good ! I enjoyed the work and most of the people I worked with. Management was approachable and actually took the time to listen to any concerns. Some days were more stressful than others regarding the work load but we pulled through as a team and got the job done as required in a safe and efficient manner. Overall I think this company is great to work for and the compensation is very fair.

Pros

Free water and all PPE is supplied by the company

Cons

Camp Environment

Productive work environment with lots to learn and grow

Busy work environment with ample room to learn and grow. Helpful team. Love working here, not for someone who doesn't want to challenge self to learn new stuff. Company is growing and seeks individuals who want to grow with it. Supervisors are helpful and want to see you succeed. Management understands concerns and deals with issues promptly.

Pros

Good salary, good benefits, alot of learning opportunities, challenging

Toxic Work Environment, Waste of Time.

Absolutely terrible site culture which begins directly with the client they serve. A once enjoyable work atmosphere has turned into a "boys club" through bullying/harassment practices which to this day still exist. If you aren't on the in club inflating the right persons ego you're out. Management on one of the shifts have sat in their positions long enough for the plant size and hvac equipment to outgrow their own skill set. This makes it difficult for anyone who is a decent technician to take direction from them or for them to have the ability to manage. The safety and rule culture is punitive. There is no incentive plan...only punishment and scrutiny on a daily basis. If you don't buy into what they say..even if you have to fake it. You're gone. The company as a whole lacks direction and vision. Other then trying to gain one contract there is no vision. You are a body..thats it. There is zero room for advancement or staff development. No plan...no action..weak, deceitful and uninspiring leadership. Not the type of people to look up to.Many great technicians have come and gone due to management. Great crew..terrible place to work.

Pros

Great Crew

Cons

Terrible and stale Leadership

Toxic management

If you like being put down and belittled... work here! Stressful environment caused only by poor management covering each other's mistakes. Never been treated so badly in my 30 years in the industry.

Pros

Good wages

Cons

Stressful environment

The worst company

HR is called in for everything. If they don't like you they'll write you up for the smallest infractions. They do not treat their workers fairly. Management will throw their employees under the bus for anything. disgusting work culture.

Great company who offers a great family culture to grow within

Acden is a company that will provide plenty of room to grow your career, provide plenty of hours and always look after you. Highly recommend this company!

Pros

Room to grow, plenty hours, steady reliable work, family culture

Cons

Great people, great Equipment, lots of work

I really like working for Acden. The supervisors i deal with are easy to get along with and don't crucify ya if ya make a mistake. They don't just talk safety, its mandatory, a real change from my experience in the garbage industry. Equipment is well maintained and recycled after 5 years. I have improved my resume by getting trained on alot of other Equipment too. The only thing I don't like is the pay for Offsite...

Pros

Newer equipment, lots of work, good supervisor's

Cons

Pay is a little lower then i would like

Hired for full time permanent, layed off after 1.5 months due to no work.

Local job, really. No flights, no accommodations. Pay is good, but costly unless you are local. They hired us on potentially getting a contract extension that never panned out. I see they have an add again, not worth the insecurity.

Pros

Pay per hour great

Cons

No security!!!! Management hired for work that never came.

Good company to work for overall salary and benefits could improve, atmosphere is great

Been with this company off and on for 6 yrs, fast paced environment, coworkers are great to work with, supervision and management are overall great with room for improvement

Pros

enables us to socialise, build contacts and find support

Cons

A lack of community and differences in culture

Good place to work, a multicultural company

A very good place to work. Very welcoming, open minded, eager to show some skills as well as learning from you. The management is calm and collected, they know their thing. They are actually the best

Pros

Free gifts, employee recognition

Cons

Yeah long hours but worth it

not sure what was worse the living quarters or having to work in a meat cutting plant

biggest issue and I know its still going on today is there are people that have been there a long time and are in positions they do not deserve to be in because they have no idea the environment techs have to work in . And as being on the contractor side of an CNRL site you have sup par treatment compared to CNRL staff. That may be out of Acdens hands but as someone going to live in a commissary living and how little upkeep there was on the contractor building was a shame .

Productive and competitive workplace

Management has always make sure the safety of worker are first priority and every one has happy to do his job . The company also given the all benifets like medical and life insurance .

Toxic Work Environment

This was a very challenging office to be a part of. Management was very unclear of expectations, no real training or guidance and comparable to a high school atmosphere will lots of drama.

Productive and fun work place.

Working at ACDEN is very challenging but enjoyable place to work. I do recommend ACDEN to other job seeker because they give a fair treatment to each and everyone who worked in their company. Being a part of their company, I can say that I've learned a lot on how to managed our time properly. Yes, cleaning is hard for us senior, but if you will think and feel positively your environment even your co-workers, nothing is hard for us.

Productive and easy going work place

Really enjoyed working with Acden, Staff was really easy going and fun to work with. Very safe work enviroment, Would recommend anyone to work with Acden.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acden. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement