Accu-Tel Call Centre

Accu-Tel Call Centre Employee Reviews

Toxic Work Environment

The supervisors were very unprofessional, hostile, rude and abusive towards employees. The equipment was faulty. Operators had to be excused to use the washroom. The Operators response time to answer calls was tracked and no allowances were made for when the equipment failed. Instructions were written by people who could not pass an Ontario High School Literacy test so the written instructions on how to deal with specific accounts did not make sense. The Supervisors were so reluctant to have their illiteracy exposed that when instructions changed or were discovered to be incorrect they did not even attempt to edit the instructions. The supervisors played loud Hip Hop music and had profane conversations in between calls. There was a lot of racial tension and bias towards anyone who did not come from the same "hood" or have the same life experience as the supervisors. Management turned a blind eye. A single mother turned up to work late because of a sick child and was berated in front of everyone and put to work because she was needed. Two hours later when the calls slowed down, in front of everyone she was told she was no longer needed and not to bother to come back. Hard to believe a company and work conditions like these exist in Canada. One supervisor may have had an opposition defiance disorder because she was downright scary when she lost her temper and started screaming. The work schedules were erratic and there was zero tolerance toward anyone wanting to change a shift. Many of the people who telephoned the Call Centre were poor and experiencing an emergency and they -

Pros

Working here would be a great research opportunity for an actor researching for a role.

Cons

Too many to list.

Just a joke

Only thing was some people were good to work with, others no. Wasn't a good environment. Job was horrible, training was horrible, felt uncomfortable a lot of the time due to the other staff. Just not a positive experience. I would never work there again. Paper Schedules hand written, paper cheques, no direct deposit, the place was run like it was 1985.

Pros

There was a Tim Hortons nearby

Cons

Everything else.

Very short period of time

when your hired for part time weekends, it usually means you work weekends. Asking for a weekend off when you have only been working for a VERY SHORT PERIOD OF TIME normally is not a good idea an even worse idea is to just not show up and expect that you still have a job, unfortunately there are some ants in the office building, the management company has sprayed for them. Thanks for your feed back

Trash

I worked here for a VERY SHORT period of time and honestly hated from day one. The management is unprofessional and inconsiderate. Not to mention the fact that the place has ANTS. We were often reprimanded for giving customers honest opinions and information. We were often told to lie about certain things regarding companies, services and what exactly we are which is a answering service. We got in trouble for saying so. Schedule timing is beyond ridiculous. I was put in EVERY single weekend both Saturday and Sunday for 7-8 hours and also for two straight months. The one time I asked for 2 days off I got “let go”. It was done so unprofessionally it amazes me still. I got a text message saying “don’t bother coming back”. This place is garbage and not worth anyone’s time.

Pros

Cons

Terrible hours, ants all over the place, unprofessional management

Overall I enjoy my job and the staff that I work with.

It is far too rude to eat while speaking on the phone, which means we do not eat at our desks. However, fortunately there is a stocked lunch room with appliances that is kept clean. As well as having a Timmy's close by, so staff goes there on a daily basis. Thank goodness for the water cooler as when you speak so often having a drink on our desk is very helpful.

Pros

Accutel broadens our minds while helping others

Cons

Callers can be rude at times

New management is awful!!

The new management are extremely militant. They couldn't care less about their staff, or work life balance. You cannot eat, you cannot drink anything and cannot be in the bathroom past 3 minutes. These people are awful.

Pros

There are none

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accu-Tel Call Centre. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3