Accredited Supports to the Community Employee Reviews

2.3Job Security & Advancement
Rewarding and challenging work
Home Visitor (Former Employee) –  Drumheller, AB30 July 2018
Each workday, I would contact, book and scheduled/attend home visits with parents with children between the ages of 0 -6 years old . I would provide information on parenting, child development, community resources and advocacy as needed. Often the visits allowed parents to talk about their concerns or issues about raising their children. I was able to transport parents and children to appointments or other agencies to help them access services as needed.
I spent at least half of my workweek completing electronic case notes and other office needs, research for client appointments and attending committee and staff meetings as needed.

The hardest part of the job was leaving the client's issues and concerns at work. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing parents overcoming problems or difficulties that might have prevented them from being fully present to parent their children.

I was part of a team of 7 home visitors although none of us worked in the same office as we covered a very large geographical area in Central Alberta.
Pros
|Able to schedule my own workday and week to match my work/life balance
Cons
Not having coworkers or to meet on a weekly basis to debrief about client situations.
Not a good place to work
Family Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB6 July 2018
The idea of what they go is good but worst please to work.
Under pay,
overwork no help or support
management is bad
It just seem so unfair and alot of favouritism.
Pros
The idea of the work is good.
Cons
NOT a good place to work.
loved night shift
Group home worker (Former Employee) –  Olds, AB24 August 2012
enjoy going to work at night there, lots of different jobs to do, could of had two people working at night.