AccorHotels Employee Reviews

Found 347 reviews matching the search See all 2,552 reviews
Great Co
Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB20 October 2018
Good pay, great leaders, great benifits!! learnt a lot from the managers and collegues, all round experience training is provided. Will definately be joining the company again
very fast paced workplace
HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 October 2018
Workplace culture is "your effort is never enough". Typical days at work were always very busy with no time for breaks sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to positively impact on the colleagues day and make their job fair and their workload manageable having into consideration business needs.
Pros
free lunch and benefits
Cons
long hours and no recognition
exceptional place to work
Banquet Houseman (Current Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB8 October 2018
I have been enjoying my time working there... lots of new and friendly enployees. management operates an open door policy.
Great opportunity to save money.
Pros
free lunches and discounted family and friends stay
Cons
too many young people
Pretty Good Company
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB (work from home)29 September 2018
I enjoyed my time with the company for the most part. However it is a call center, so the micromanaging gets old quick. If you have worked in a call center before you will understand what I mean. Senior management was always nice, and pleasant to deal with. However with that said immediate manager was a micromanage to the max.

That aside, the system issues that though not every day were frequent enough to be the main reason I left. There was always work around, half the time those work around had issues.

The new system for Accor though we were told how wonderful it was, it all to often had issues and was unreliable.

The company as a hole is good, they pay well and if your looking for steady work and a good company overall then this is a pretty good one. Just be ready to work weekends, late nights and on holidays expect for the first year to work 3am or later. Compared to your regular shift which is 9 or 10 pm. You need to commit to this job, don't have plans outside your job. With a bidding system you will have shifts changes monthly.
Pros
Good Pay, Benefits (though need to pay ahead)
Cons
Micromanaging, Technical issues daily, shift bids, holiday bids, immediate managers.
great team at the spa
Massage therapist (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB26 September 2018
Working at the chateau was a great experience. My coworkers at the spa were super friendly and chill. Manager is very understanding about needing time off when you need it and is understanding about personal life as well. It was a great way to start off in the massage therapy field after school and I will always be thankful for the opportunity and experience I had working at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise.

The only reason I didn't give a 5 star review is because I believe we deserved to paid more in our flat rate hourly pay. Other than that, no complaints!!
Great perks but needs to work more on work and life balance
Director of F&B Outlets (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 September 2018
Working for Accor is great but as management they could give more work and life balance for the leadership section of their employees.
Overall a great company with awesome perks in north america.
Rewarding
Sr. Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2018
I was in the kitchen for 5 years. As demanding as it was, the rewards and benefits were great. Colleagues were amazing. High energy pace where everyone works together to ensure high quality results.
Pros
Great Pension, Benefits and Travel perks
Cons
Like any job, some days are better than others.
Good company bad management
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC10 September 2018
The culture, benefits, salary and perks are definitely worth it. Free meals, access to lots of amenities and truly great benefits. As a room attendant the work was labour heavy and too meticulous for me. I found the management to be unsupportive, manipulative and lacked leadership qualities. I would have stayed longer and put up with the actual work if I felt better supported by management.
Great place to work.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Jasper, AB10 September 2018
Fairmont Hotel and Resorts is is a great company to work for,
I truly enjoyed working for this company and look forward to working within the Fairmont team again in the near future. This company offers to its employees the satisfaction of working within a team and the possibilities of advancement within the company.
Pros
advancement
poor management
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 September 2018
very poorly managed without any appreciation to the employees. very high turn over rate. Excellent brand name on your cv but that's about it. not recommended.
Awesome Place to work
Director of Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2018
Lots of support
benefits
great environment
hire with in
growth opportunities
several staff events
great support from leadership
empowerment
great learning opportunities
Pros
Great reputation
Cons
Builiding is aging
Productive and fun place to work!
REGIONAL SALES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 September 2018
Great workplace culture!
Excellent opportunity for career growth.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the amazing people you get to meet and work with; very professional environment.
Great travel perks!
Pros
AMAZING food and awesome people!
Fun environment will definitely seek a career in tourism and hospitality
Guest Attendant (Take Your Kids to Work) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC3 September 2018
It was a great experience with my mother, I learned a lot about guest service. The hardest part of the job was the expectation but the coworkers, wonderful guests, and benefits are good
Great place to work if looking for quick advancement in industry.
Bell Supervisor / Bell person (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB2 September 2018
Great location, good benefits and plenty of opportunity to move up with one of the leading companies in the industry. If you are a hard worker and are serious about the business, then this is the place for you.
Pros
Stunning location, great out-of-work amenities (hiking, skiing etc.)
Cons
High tourism, high turnover rate
super emplois
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Montebello, QC30 August 2018
j'ai adoré travailler pour fairmont. Les clients sont agréable, les collègues deviennent des amis toujours en restant professionnel et les superviseurs sont toujours présent pour nous aider.
Pros
ambiance de travail parfaite
Cons
nourriture de la cafétéria à laisser désirer
Meilleur employeur!
Préposée au service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC29 August 2018
Le meilleur environnement de travail où j'ai travaillé!
Des avantages qui font une différence dans le quotidien au travail.
(Service de cafétéria, nettoyage d'uniforme, espace douches et casiers, etc..) Plusieurs activités sont organisées pour les employés et les salaires sont supérieurs qu'à la moyenne.
Ample opportunity for advancement and fun work place
Fairmont Gold Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB27 August 2018
I learned so much in this company and appreciated how recognized my hard work was. I was able to commit to over 3 years in a company with many opportunities to advance and begin learning more skills and higher salary which I greatly appreciated.
Pros
Great adventures right outside the door
Cons
isolated location. Not best fit for families
No work and life balance
Guest Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 August 2018
Managers are not open mind
hotel is full of politicians "who knows who"
Work crazy hours, crazy schedules
High turn over, so feels like no one knows what they are doing
Fun place
Professional Intern-Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 August 2018
The productive and fun place to work to work with. Great learning opportunity and an amazing work culture. HR is awesome and they will do anything for an employee who stood by company culture and policy.
Good work culture
Assistant Director Of Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2018
Nice place to develop your career. Its fantastic and I enjoy here. This has been my workplace for last four years and I have grown within the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AccorHotels. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K