AccorHotels Employee Reviews

Found 50 reviews matching the search See all 1,995 reviews
Be warned
Back of house (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 December 2018
Was very happy to get a job here, felt great for the first few weeks. Then both my managers went on vacation, got tossed onto nights where i worked until midnight, and was back at 6 in the morning. barely survived those shifts, had another one coming up. That was the end of my time at Fairmont..... I really wish i was hired into a different department.. People were amazing (except most managers, assistant ones were cool). HR was wonderful as well, great people. I feel the department i got hired by did not have it's bearing together, logistically it was a mess. We had no ways of communicating other than WhatsApp. Our radios were pretty much useless. Lastly the training was not taken seriously at all before the busy season. A majority of my training was napping or playing on my phone in the Chattery (great couches though...)/ I feel as if i was hired as a fall person for the people taking vacation time. At least let the person know next time, and try to give at least 8 hours between shifts... BC labour board would have an aneurysm over this.
Pros
Free food, cool people
Cons
Illegal hours, pressure tactics, lack of training
great company
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2018
great company, great management, discount on hotels, staff food is always great, very popular hotel that is why always busy.management always promote a high standard
Pros
free lunch
Cons
standing long hours but its worth
Great place
Employee (Former Employee) –  Whister, BC13 December 2018
Loved it, great place to work, lovely setting learned a bunch. great comany and staff are nice. good staff housing and really nice benefits for employees
Environnement de travail agréable
Préposée à l'entretien ménager (Former Employee) –  Frontenac, QC13 December 2018
J'ai travaillé pour la chaîne AccorHotels pour une durée de 4 à 6 mois au Château Frontenac situé à Québec. J'ai beaucoup apprécié mon expérience de travail ainsi que l'équipe avec laquelle je travaillais.
Pros
repas gratuits, stationnement à frais moindre, uniforme fournis
Not Advancement ~ Minimum Pay
Workforce Analyst (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB10 December 2018
No room for advancement pay is adequate on a scale not by merit.
Pay scale is based on team not work an individual does. Incentive is based on elements you cannot control.
Changes to technology lost position
Business Analyst, Customer Information Systems (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2018
Great place to work over the last 23 years however recent repositioning of our department has resulted in several job losses within our technology department including myself
Great place to work with understanding leaders and great benefits
Resort Activities Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB8 December 2018
A fun place to work that was different every day. You're given the tools you need to succeed and the information on why things are done a certain way.
fun place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC7 December 2018
it's challenging but the salary and the benefits are the best thing in the job and it's a very welcoming place to work at and i love meeting new people and the different types of cultures.
Pros
free meal
Cons
short hours
Productive workplace
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  La Malbaie, Quebec29 November 2018
Although working as a Room Attendant can be exhausting from time to time the Fairmont Hotel always makes sure that their employees are fine- physically as well as mentally. Changing hours has never been a problem and the supervisers always try to be as flexible as possible to ensure the wellbeing of all housekeepers.
good pay but sub par management
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 November 2018
typical day clock in work for 8 hours alone with half hour break for lunch.
lunch was provided for small fee for staff
management in housekeeping was strict and not always understanding
very physically demanding and challenging job
Pros
free food
Equipier with outside catering
Equipier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 November 2018
On call work for the outside catering team. Salary is decent working with an energized team of guys. The hours are varied and can be long, but the work is made fun with the people you work with.
Pros
Decent pay. Fast paced at times.
Cons
Management can be crazy at times.
Place where even if u r doing a good job u need to being like from the office
Cook Turning (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 November 2018
Good place to work and nice wages but no a transparent relations , many people dont have motivation to work , the chef office sucks , cheats, and do things that u can be suprised,
Pros
wages, benefits, equipment
Cons
Hostile environement, non confident at all
People are great
Food and Beverage Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 November 2018
The people are great and its great to work in a place with high standards. Leaders do care about you and they do trust your opinion. Would be nice if things happened a little faster in the company instead of them sitting on it until it is forgotten.
Great Co
Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB20 October 2018
Good pay, great leaders, great benifits!! learnt a lot from the managers and collegues, all round experience training is provided. Will definately be joining the company again
very fast paced workplace
HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 October 2018
Workplace culture is "your effort is never enough". Typical days at work were always very busy with no time for breaks sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to positively impact on the colleagues day and make their job fair and their workload manageable having into consideration business needs.
Pros
free lunch and benefits
Cons
long hours and no recognition
exceptional place to work
Banquet Houseman (Current Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB8 October 2018
I have been enjoying my time working there... lots of new and friendly enployees. management operates an open door policy.
Great opportunity to save money.
Pros
free lunches and discounted family and friends stay
Cons
too many young people
Pretty Good Company
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB (work from home)29 September 2018
I enjoyed my time with the company for the most part. However it is a call center, so the micromanaging gets old quick. If you have worked in a call center before you will understand what I mean. Senior management was always nice, and pleasant to deal with. However with that said immediate manager was a micromanage to the max.

That aside, the system issues that though not every day were frequent enough to be the main reason I left. There was always work around, half the time those work around had issues.

The new system for Accor though we were told how wonderful it was, it all to often had issues and was unreliable.

The company as a hole is good, they pay well and if your looking for steady work and a good company overall then this is a pretty good one. Just be ready to work weekends, late nights and on holidays expect for the first year to work 3am or later. Compared to your regular shift which is 9 or 10 pm. You need to commit to this job, don't have plans outside your job. With a bidding system you will have shifts changes monthly.
Pros
Good Pay, Benefits (though need to pay ahead)
Cons
Micromanaging, Technical issues daily, shift bids, holiday bids, immediate managers.
great team at the spa
Massage therapist (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB26 September 2018
Working at the chateau was a great experience. My coworkers at the spa were super friendly and chill. Manager is very understanding about needing time off when you need it and is understanding about personal life as well. It was a great way to start off in the massage therapy field after school and I will always be thankful for the opportunity and experience I had working at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise.

The only reason I didn't give a 5 star review is because I believe we deserved to paid more in our flat rate hourly pay. Other than that, no complaints!!
Great perks but needs to work more on work and life balance
Director of F&B Outlets (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 September 2018
Working for Accor is great but as management they could give more work and life balance for the leadership section of their employees.
Overall a great company with awesome perks in north america.
Good work culture
Assistant Director Of Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2018
Nice place to develop your career. Its fantastic and I enjoy here. This has been my workplace for last four years and I have grown within the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AccorHotels. Our community is ready to answer.