Accor

Accor Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.7Pay & benefits

Found 24 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,107 reviews

An excellent atmosphere and high workplace values.

A typical day would start by connecting with the guests in the best possible manner providing them wonderful guest experience throughout the call. Moreover, the best thing is that you are allowed to do conversation without any scripts, in a conversation with our wonderful guests connect from your heart or be a "Heartist" that is what company's vision is. Management is very supportive and helpful, they always provide all the kind of help, skills, and training an individual needs at any point of time. Colleagues really support each other in every possible manner and that what makes the atmosphere at work enjoyable and more focused towards the mission of the company.

Excellent and productive place to work

The environment is inclusive and people have pride in their work and their departments which is contagious and a breath of fresh air. The managers take the time to try and get to know everyone. Everyone I've encountered during my time here are super friendly and always happy to help. I also find working hard does not go unnoticed, and there are always nice incentives and great travelling opportunities and perks! Most of the people who work here have been here for a very long time, doesn't seem to be much turn over. The training was lots of fun and engaging.

Pros

Nice office, free lunches, lots of snacks, awesome colleagues, flexible shifts

Cons

Salary, length of time before dental benefits kick in

Fantastic opportunity

What a wonderful company to work for, they really care about and invest in their employees. It doesn’t take long to feel like part of the family, I had the pleasure of working for Accor briefly in 2018-2019, unfortunately due to my home flooding and being displaced for several months I had to pursue another career option (I worked remotely) but if the timing had been right I can confidently say I would still be working for this company. I know several people who have been with the company for 10+ years and wake up genuinely excited to go to work everyday. If you are fortunate enough to get a career with Accor, congratulations!

Pros

Pay, benefits, management, job culture

Pretty good work environment and management, colleagues are pleasant and welcoming and happy to help. The company definitely guides your career path.

I started work at Accor last year when a male friend referred me to this job as a waitress. After a few months of working there, I was a bit worried if there was any salary difference as there were some colleagues warning me of the companys paying system, so I asked my close friend about his salary and I discovered that there werent any gender paygap despite rumours in the workplace. The only downside i can think of is the long and tiring hours of work, which makes it fastpaced.

Pros

Free lunch, paid superannuation, discounts and vouchers

Cons

Long hours, not very good work-life balance for full-timers

He's from Corporate

Very large company with many established practices and procedures. Very stable and steady work. Very conservative culture but growing and changing each year.

Reasonable place to work

Good culture and a great company to work for if you are passionate about hospitality and looking after guests. High levels of customer experience. Work life balance is hard to manage. Pay is also very low and mostly below the industry average.

Great Training and Work Environment

After coming from a toxic work environment it was very refreshing to find a company who actually has protocol in place to keep employees feeling appreciated. The trainer is very knowledgeable and helps you every step of the way through your training at your own pace and ability. This company celebrates your unique abilities call centre but worth it with all the benefits one

fun at work

the most enjoyable part of my work here was when theres an event. the most hardest was when travelling 1 hour to go to work. i learned a lot here like respecting everyone.

Pros

free food

Cons

Lavoro stimolante e divertente allo stesso tempo

Ci sono molti buoni mentori e colleghi di talento. Un ottimo posto per imparare molte cose in cucina, in particolare sicurezza alimentare HACCP. Siamo stati addestrati correttamente per seguire i passi giusti. Lo chef esecutivo in Sofitel è stato la nostra ispirazione perché ha lavorato in molti hotel e ristoranti di grandi dimensioni e alcuni ha una stella Michellin. Sofitel ha diverse cucine che puoi provare sia occidentali che asiatici. Una base molto solida da imparare.

Pros

Buone carni bovine di prima qualità

Cons

niente caffè forte per tenerti sveglio

Be warned

Was very happy to get a job here, felt great for the first few weeks. Then both my managers went on vacation, got tossed onto nights where i worked until midnight, and was back at 6 in the morning. barely survived those shifts, had another one coming up. That was the end of my time at Fairmont..... I really wish i was hired into a different department.. People were amazing (except most managers, assistant ones were cool). HR was wonderful as well, great people. I feel the department i got hired by did not have it's bearing together, logistically it was a mess. We had no ways of communicating other than WhatsApp. Our radios were pretty much useless. Lastly the training was not taken seriously at all before the busy season. A majority of my training was napping or playing on my phone in the Chattery (great couches though...)/ I feel as if i was hired as a fall person for the people taking vacation time. At least let the person know next time, and try to give at least 8 hours between shifts... BC labour board would have an aneurysm over this.

Pros

Free food, cool people

Cons

Illegal hours, pressure tactics, lack of training

Jobs at Accor

See more jobs

great company

great company, great management, discount on hotels, staff food is always great, very popular hotel that is why always busy.management always promote a high standard

Pros

free lunch

Cons

standing long hours but its worth

People are great

The people are great and its great to work in a place with high standards. Leaders do care about you and they do trust your opinion. Would be nice if things happened a little faster in the company instead of them sitting on it until it is forgotten.

very fast paced workplace

Workplace culture is "your effort is never enough". Typical days at work were always very busy with no time for breaks sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to positively impact on the colleagues day and make their job fair and their workload manageable having into consideration business needs.

Pros

free lunch and benefits

Cons

long hours and no recognition

exceptional place to work

I have been enjoying my time working there... lots of new and friendly enployees. management operates an open door policy. Great opportunity to save money.

Pros

free lunches and discounted family and friends stay

Cons

too many young people

Great perks but needs to work more on work and life balance

Working for Accor is great but as management they could give more work and life balance for the leadership section of their employees. Overall a great company with awesome perks in north america.

Good work culture

Nice place to develop your career. Its fantastic and I enjoy here. This has been my workplace for last four years and I have grown within the company.

Welcoming culture with opportunities for advancement

Amazing management, team, and training programs. Environment is classy, yet comfortable, and many days there are celebrations happening which brings a lot of happiness and joy to the work day. Awesome place to work, but hard to advance quickly.

Pros

High Starting Wages, Great Workplace Culture, Great Team Management, Continuous Training

Cons

Overnights, Shift Bids

fast growing corporation with great benefits

management is amazing and supportive. Training program is great and they set you up with what you need. working for this company I have been able to builder even stronger customer service skills. The work culture is great and very rewarding. the hardest part of this job is the repetition and difficult work/life balancing due to the 24 hour operation.

Pros

good pay and great benefits

Cons

late shifts / unbalanced life

great company

luxury place and great hospitality we offer, I enjoy every moment that I serve our guest and client and to lead our team to success everytime I handle my co workmates.

Pros

free meal, and transportation

Fun workplace

it has been a short but great job journey for me as I love seeing my guests happy because or the service that I have been provided to them. My colleagues are fun and easy to work with.

A tough environment with minimal salary

Accor is a company headquartered in France. The culture focuses on the negatives and the critical - no matter how well you are doing. Very long hours and hectic pace. Good to learn, but not to stay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.4K