Accor

Clear
3.7Job security & advancement

Found 22 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,112 reviews

Training with Colleague

As of right now, I'm doing training with my colleague and it's been awesome. I learned a lot of stuff of being professional and practicing how to communicate. I know I will have a better career at Accor company

Pros

Free lunches

Fantastic opportunity

What a wonderful company to work for, they really care about and invest in their employees. It doesn’t take long to feel like part of the family, I had the pleasure of working for Accor briefly in 2018-2019, unfortunately due to my home flooding and being displaced for several months I had to pursue another career option (I worked remotely) but if the timing had been right I can confidently say I would still be working for this company. I know several people who have been with the company for 10+ years and wake up genuinely excited to go to work everyday. If you are fortunate enough to get a career with Accor, congratulations!

Pros

Pay, benefits, management, job culture

Professional environment

I was working for this company for 10 years. I found it very professional, business oriented and an excellent environment to work in . The customers were on business meetings weekly .

Fun place to work

Learned a lot of key team building. Worked towards Planet 21 initiatives and ongoing committed attitude to improve career direction. Willingness to change and make the property better. Ongoing commitment to preventative maintenance and support from management.

He's from Corporate

Very large company with many established practices and procedures. Very stable and steady work. Very conservative culture but growing and changing each year.

Reasonable place to work

Good culture and a great company to work for if you are passionate about hospitality and looking after guests. High levels of customer experience. Work life balance is hard to manage. Pay is also very low and mostly below the industry average.

Great Training and Work Environment

After coming from a toxic work environment it was very refreshing to find a company who actually has protocol in place to keep employees feeling appreciated. The trainer is very knowledgeable and helps you every step of the way through your training at your own pace and ability. This company celebrates your unique abilities call centre but worth it with all the benefits one

Excellent

I was a summer student at Accor's Global Reservation Center summer of 2018 and loved every second. I felt like a valued team member and they treated all of us so well. It was a truly lovely work environment with organized management and excellent training team. I really enjoyed selling hotel rooms and learning all about the thousands of hotels Accor has globally. They have ample opportunity to develop your career. Truly a great place to work. The only thing I would say is a con is that those just starting out dont get the best hours. I as a summer student typically worked evenings, but regular employees worked overnight. I can imagine that wouldn't be easy. Overall though I had a great experience.

Pros

good pay, great work, great people, at work from home or in office, occasional free trip to hotels

Cons

rookies get odd hours

Lavoro stimolante e divertente allo stesso tempo

Ci sono molti buoni mentori e colleghi di talento. Un ottimo posto per imparare molte cose in cucina, in particolare sicurezza alimentare HACCP. Siamo stati addestrati correttamente per seguire i passi giusti. Lo chef esecutivo in Sofitel è stato la nostra ispirazione perché ha lavorato in molti hotel e ristoranti di grandi dimensioni e alcuni ha una stella Michellin. Sofitel ha diverse cucine che puoi provare sia occidentali che asiatici. Una base molto solida da imparare.

Pros

Buone carni bovine di prima qualità

Cons

niente caffè forte per tenerti sveglio

Micro Managers/ Office Politics

Just like my title, the team leader was a micro mamager. Keep close track of your hours and go over your contracts. They attempted to breach contract and then lie & eventually threaten. Whatch your back around these people. I left my position because I couldnt trust anyone. I've also witnessed how they have treated others who have reached out for help due to substance and/ or mental health issues. I just couldn't be a part of it anymore.

Pros

A paycheck

Cons

See above

Jobs at Accor

See more jobs

Not Advancement ~ Minimum Pay

No room for advancement pay is adequate on a scale not by merit. Pay scale is based on team not work an individual does. Incentive is based on elements you cannot control.

Great Co

Good pay, great leaders, great benifits!! learnt a lot from the managers and collegues, all round experience training is provided. Will definately be joining the company again

great team at the spa

Working at the chateau was a great experience. My coworkers at the spa were super friendly and chill. Manager is very understanding about needing time off when you need it and is understanding about personal life as well. It was a great way to start off in the massage therapy field after school and I will always be thankful for the opportunity and experience I had working at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. The only reason I didn't give a 5 star review is because I believe we deserved to paid more in our flat rate hourly pay. Other than that, no complaints!!

Great perks but needs to work more on work and life balance

Working for Accor is great but as management they could give more work and life balance for the leadership section of their employees. Overall a great company with awesome perks in north america.

Good work culture

Nice place to develop your career. Its fantastic and I enjoy here. This has been my workplace for last four years and I have grown within the company.

fast growing corporation with great benefits

management is amazing and supportive. Training program is great and they set you up with what you need. working for this company I have been able to builder even stronger customer service skills. The work culture is great and very rewarding. the hardest part of this job is the repetition and difficult work/life balancing due to the 24 hour operation.

Pros

good pay and great benefits

Cons

late shifts / unbalanced life

A tough environment with minimal salary

Accor is a company headquartered in France. The culture focuses on the negatives and the critical - no matter how well you are doing. Very long hours and hectic pace. Good to learn, but not to stay.

A very fun place and people to work with

Working for Accor Hotels - Ottawa wast best experience in my career. I learned a great deal as a manager and am ready to share that anywhere I go. The employees were well taken care of and the hotel was taken care of as well. Thanks to it's wonderful owners.

Don't work here

No benefits, low wages, scattered hours, poorly managed. Coworkers are idiots. No chances for advancement. Staff is expected to be on call 24/7. Just a bad job all around.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Everything else

Sales driven and overall a good work place

answer calls and upset products and meet quotes. I learned I was actually able to thrive in the right work environment but just need time for my learning curve as i came from a construction back ground.

Environnement de travail agréable

Entreprise Québécoise Belle perspective d'évolution interne Charge de travail très importante dans le secteur Management

Pros

Perpective d'évolution

Cons

Peu d'avantage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.4K

3.7Job security/advancement

Compare Accor with

• Accor
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?