Accor

Accor Employee Reviews

I started work at Accor last year when a male friend referred me to this job as a waitress. After a few months of working there, I was a bit worried if there was any salary difference as there were some colleagues warning me of the companys paying system, so I asked my close friend about his salary and I discovered that there werent any gender paygap despite rumours in the workplace. The only downside i can think of is the long and tiring hours of work, which makes it fastpaced.
Pros
Free lunch, paid superannuation, discounts and vouchers
Cons
Long hours, not very good work-life balance for full-timers
I was working for this company for 10 years. I found it very professional, business oriented and an excellent environment to work in . The customers were on business meetings weekly .
Learned a lot of key team building. Worked towards Planet 21 initiatives and ongoing committed attitude to improve career direction. Willingness to change and make the property better. Ongoing commitment to preventative maintenance and support from management.
Poor management, speak a lot about diversity but found them to be very racist and unfair. Stop employing immigrants and treat them unfair when they work so much harder , Worked with other brands and never made to feel like a second class human being.
Very large company with many established practices and procedures. Very stable and steady work. Very conservative culture but growing and changing each year.
More focused on office politics than on business performance, more reactive than proactive, does not grow its next generation of people (too busy to care up there), succession planning is based on reacting to sudden staff shortages.... on the other hand is more relaxed than better performing hotel companies, not as demanding on reporting.
Good culture and a great company to work for if you are passionate about hospitality and looking after guests. High levels of customer experience. Work life balance is hard to manage. Pay is also very low and mostly below the industry average.
After coming from a toxic work environment it was very refreshing to find a company who actually has protocol in place to keep employees feeling appreciated. The trainer is very knowledgeable and helps you every step of the way through your training at your own pace and ability. This company celebrates your unique abilities call centre but worth it with all the benefits one
Management is unfair to different employees. A lot of favouritism going on at this property. Management doesn't care too much about their employees. Great employees though.
Great training and good computers make this job easy to slide into. Its booking reservations for 5 star hotels and resorts, so there is some upselling, but they are very truthful of their expectations from you in the interview. Good benefits and good pay, which can easily go higher within a year. They do try to keep their employees happy, but be prepared to be recorded and marked on any call. Monthly meeting with your manager, and incentives for high marks consistently. At the end of the day, its call centre work, but with a higher standard than most. Also amazing rates at fabulous hotels.
I was a summer student at Accor's Global Reservation Center summer of 2018 and loved every second. I felt like a valued team member and they treated all of us so well. It was a truly lovely work environment with organized management and excellent training team. I really enjoyed selling hotel rooms and learning all about the thousands of hotels Accor has globally. They have ample opportunity to develop your career. Truly a great place to work. The only thing I would say is a con is that those just starting out dont get the best hours. I as a summer student typically worked evenings, but regular employees worked overnight. I can imagine that wouldn't be easy. Overall though I had a great experience.
Pros
good pay, great work, great people, at work from home or in office, occasional free trip to hotels
Cons
rookies get odd hours
the most enjoyable part of my work here was when theres an event. the most hardest was when travelling 1 hour to go to work. i learned a lot here like respecting everyone.
Pros
free food
Cons
This is a great place to work, very motivational and supportive coworkers. If you prefer shift work then this is perfect for you. Great training program as well
Pros
supportive team
Cons
shift work
Ci sono molti buoni mentori e colleghi di talento. Un ottimo posto per imparare molte cose in cucina, in particolare sicurezza alimentare HACCP. Siamo stati addestrati correttamente per seguire i passi giusti. Lo chef esecutivo in Sofitel è stato la nostra ispirazione perché ha lavorato in molti hotel e ristoranti di grandi dimensioni e alcuni ha una stella Michellin. Sofitel ha diverse cucine che puoi provare sia occidentali che asiatici. Una base molto solida da imparare.
Pros
Buone carni bovine di prima qualità
Cons
niente caffè forte per tenerti sveglio
Great office environment. Three distinct brands, Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel, have combined to provide the world's finest accommodations for discerning travelers - giving our customers easier access to more destinations. Elegant accommodations and impeccable service in the world's finest destinations are elements that all of our brands share. However, our three brands also maintain their identities and traditions: Fairmont as a landmark presence integrated into its community; Raffles as sophisticated luxury with residential charm; and Swissôtel as personalized efficient service within a contemporary ambiance.
Just like my title, the team leader was a micro mamager. Keep close track of your hours and go over your contracts. They attempted to breach contract and then lie & eventually threaten. Whatch your back around these people. I left my position because I couldnt trust anyone. I've also witnessed how they have treated others who have reached out for help due to substance and/ or mental health issues. I just couldn't be a part of it anymore.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
See above
Working at the fairmont is great, great management team and great colleagues.Meeting new people everyday has got to be the best part about the job. The ability to help in other departments keeps work interesting.
Was very happy to get a job here, felt great for the first few weeks. Then both my managers went on vacation, got tossed onto nights where i worked until midnight, and was back at 6 in the morning. barely survived those shifts, had another one coming up. That was the end of my time at Fairmont..... I really wish i was hired into a different department.. People were amazing (except most managers, assistant ones were cool). HR was wonderful as well, great people. I feel the department i got hired by did not have it's bearing together, logistically it was a mess. We had no ways of communicating other than WhatsApp. Our radios were pretty much useless. Lastly the training was not taken seriously at all before the busy season. A majority of my training was napping or playing on my phone in the Chattery (great couches though...)/ I feel as if i was hired as a fall person for the people taking vacation time. At least let the person know next time, and try to give at least 8 hours between shifts... BC labour board would have an aneurysm over this.
Pros
Free food, cool people
Cons
Illegal hours, pressure tactics, lack of training
great company, great management, discount on hotels, staff food is always great, very popular hotel that is why always busy.management always promote a high standard
Pros
free lunch
Cons
standing long hours but its worth
Loved it, great place to work, lovely setting learned a bunch. great comany and staff are nice. good staff housing and really nice benefits for employees
J'ai travaillé pour la chaîne AccorHotels pour une durée de 4 à 6 mois au Château Frontenac situé à Québec. J'ai beaucoup apprécié mon expérience de travail ainsi que l'équipe avec laquelle je travaillais.
Pros
repas gratuits, stationnement à frais moindre, uniforme fournis
  1. Employee reviews