Acciona

Canada34 reviews

Found 34 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,147 reviews
managementjobworkworkinggoodnicegreatproject

Different culture than North American works

Unfortunately you cannot enjoy the work or the project because they are always pushing you to do more. We are task doers only, always in a rush, and there is no significant professional grow

If I could have given 0 stars....

Direct supervisor is a joke, no Management skills whatsoever. Hard work for very little pay. Trying to get vacation time off was next to impossible. Was hired as full time with benefits but had to keep bugging supervisor for benefit package. New hires paid more than staff that have been working for over a year and wages not re addressed. Nepotism and clique.

Pros

Cons

Low wages, poor management, high turn over.

Insights into Acciona

Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Sense of belonging
  • Supportive environment

Specifically for the Broadway Subway Project- Avoid

Sadly a project with enormous potential is not doing well. Senior management was brought from Dubai and they don't understand Canada at all and some big mistakes have been made. Acciona has been firing people, all of them locals. As a result, people are afraid. Turnover is high. People leave every week. Morale is not good. No promised bonus was paid. Pay is not competitive. Be aware that Acciona was kicked off North Shore Wastewater and the same thing may happen to this project. Do you want that on your resume?

Internal fighting/interference from Corporate Management

At the beginning of the project, upper management from Spain needed to be involved with all decisions, no matter how small. Infighting between divisions required 21 signatures to issue a PO. Eventually this was reduced, but mismanagement on all levels makes for a very confusion and difficult work environment.

Pros

BIG projects, renewable projects

Cons

POOR management, Corporate infighting and interference prevents Project Management from executing efficiently

I highly recommend acciona is good to work with it.

Around one year I worked with Acciona I get more experience and information about job climate, I would like to apprentice many members of company management that I worked with them

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Low wage high stress

Just terrible management has noclue of job times and most supervisors have zero people skills. Super disappointing when they offer minimum wage to work in health care as cleaners

Terrible work place

This company is the worst company i have ever worked for they treat you like you nothing wrote you up whenever they get the chance if they wanna get rid of you the management is atrocious and unorganized they tore my mental and physical health apart when I worked there glad I quit was the best decision I ever made

Pros

Mostly nice co workers

Cons

Fear of losing job everyday, anxiety, stress

Poorly managed

A large turn over & imported staff. Alot of favouritism by Management, they treat staff poorly with harassment, discrimination & bullying. I would not recommend working for this company. May be ok for you if you speak Spanish.

Stressful and Ungrateful Place To Work

The management and supervisors only care about themselves. They come up with illogical ways of doing things for cleaners that make no sense, just to justify their own existence. When 5 people quit in a span of two weeks, you know there are issues! Way too much nepotism and hiring of people of the same language and culture, with some that have very poor language skills!

Cons

Nepotism, Nit picking, Uncaring Management, Low Wages

Productive and a very friendly place to work

Great working environment. Our group of people were quite helpful at implementing office systems and procedures. Workers became friends. I would say my experience was 8 out 10.

Cons

Parking was an issue at the construction site

Unhappy housekeeper

I feel Acciona doesn't care about our the housekeepers well being.They are extremely cheap with wages and supplies.During the PANDEMIC most employees from other companies at Royal Jubilee Hospital receive hazard pay well Acciona figures their employees dont deserve hazard pay.We are the ones dealing with the germs and waste. That's not a very caring employer.

Satisfied

It’s was my first job in Victoria. Supervisor and coworker are very nice . I recommend everyone to start there.

Fantastic Infrastructure Company with Creative and Disciplined Professionals

Acciona Infrastructure Canada employees some of the best workers in their particular fields. They recruit and employ the best and brightest process experts, engineers, superintendents, procurement, HR, finance, commercial, quality, construction management and health and safety professionals around. Acciona Infrastructure Canada also has unparalleled support from head office in Spain! All teams collaborate and communicate extremely well and stakeholder input is considered valuable. Although design-build projects can be fast paced and stressful at times, Acciona's teams weather these scopes in friendly and consultative manners and everyone has fun in the process. Acciona's DB projects are well organized and well orchestrated as are their construction schedules, policies and procedures. Witnessing Acciona execute their projects is something to behold! A fantastic and supportive place to work with very experienced and seasoned professionals.

I have worked at that hospital before

I worked at this hospital before with a different company. The wages were lower then when I worked there 10 years before. I over all job was good and staff was great.

just work work work

at first I was really excited , then I found out that most worker there are lazy... literary lazy oooh my God..why they do there work that they just walk by..in short explanation its DIRTY... I have to double effort the way that I want it clean...Frustrating.....all the time..even though told the management, nothings change...Since then never been happy to work there..

Best Teamwork

Teamwork environment among well experienced and skilled staff. Friendly and safe workplace. Well defined roles and responsibilities. Flexible duty hours and ability to work remotely, if needed.

Overall great job if you are looking for exposure to the health care environment

-Very hard work -Adequate break schedule -Not the greatest salary considering the hard work and stressful conditions. -Because its a union it has very good job security

You can decide

Hires anyone lol good or bad. So if ya need a job.. management very unorganized. Lack of communication. Very stressful. Never enough workers..........

There are better places to be

You will not be and do not expect be be listened to if you are not Spanish. Bureaucracy is endemic. Commercial decisions go through 14 levels of sign off, many by people with little or no knowledge of the project. Wholesale clear-outs of non Spanish staff are frequent and arbitrary. Reminiscent of rearranging the chairs o the Titanic

Pros

You won't be there long

Cons

Don't expect to be there long

Schizophrenic

Could be a good company but cannot escape being undermined and over-ruled at every turn by conniving toady sycophants from the Madrid HQ who think all clients and supply chains should bow down to their imagined superiority

Great Place to work for your career

This place is probably the best place to expand your career path. working environment is great, people are nice, offers great benefits, given lots of learning opportunities.

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

no promotion

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acciona. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement