Access Storage Employee Reviews

Dont work here.
Storage solution expert (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2018
Worst place I have ever worked for. No support from management. Terrible pay with no pay increases. Nobody lasts long. If they do they get walked all over. Even managers.
You will become janitor on top of all other responsibilities. Mice everywhere and no one cares. Clients storage all eaten and no support from access for them and their loss. The only good part of the job was the other amazing SSE's I worked with.
Pros
Cons
Lots
would avoid this company
Storage Solutions Expert (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 October 2018
Have been with the company over a year now, and since i have been with Access Storage I have seen the following:
- staff trainer retired, so staff no longer receive appropriate training for the many demands of the job
- no protocol in place to help deal with abusive clients
- when long time staff have asked for fair wage increases they are denied or given .50/ hr raise
- A VP who says if you dont like sales get another job
- A company that will spend BILLIONS to sponsor the CFL and other sports teams, and yet will not turn around and invest that in happy staff.
- VERY low staff retention.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
long days alone
Great work environment.
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 July 2018
It's a great Canadian company. People here work hard, play hard and eat hard...we have a lot of potluck's ! It’s such a fun and pleasant place to work. Access, Depotium, SFYL, and Sentinel are great places to store your items too.
Managers
Storage Solution Expert/Manager in training (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB29 March 2018
Lethbridge managers are horrible. Have harassment issues and are so OCD. ( can't even go to the washroom without them knocking on the door wanting to talk)
A
"Restructured without cause"
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 February 2018
I worked for them for just over three months. Promoted to Site Manager one month in, made budget my first month in charge and then restructured out of a job without explanation after three months.

If you want job security (like I did), this ain't it.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
Horrible job security
Very little appreciation of staff
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  AB16 January 2017
A company that takes no accountability and provides very little support for its staff. Rather than accommodating employees to maybe have some employee retention, I found their attitude was "take it or leave it". Not even an attempt to try to accommodate! Needless to say I left and will be forever grateful to them for pushing me to pursue a better career company.
Staff was the only positive thing
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario29 September 2016
This company has to be one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. They over work and under pay you. The pay and the bonus structure is a joke. They expect you to do jobs that you weren't even hired for, and to do it with a smile. No room for growth at all, and if you do become manager well there's really no real training. As a manager don't expect a life because if there is an issue with the site you are down there at all hours. Turn over rate for employees is high, where even the customers notice.The fees for clients are horrible but it's another way to make a buck. There is no support from upper management at all. I stayed way too long at this company...
Pros
Staff
Cons
The company the wages are horrible
Fairly easy job
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2016
had to travel a lot by car. the landscaping was fairly easy. when ever your done your job you would have to just wait for the others to finish
Pros
easy to do
Good work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON15 March 2016
A good work environment where one can grow
Good management and co workers.
Friendly work environment and the chance to meet people from all works of life.
Productive and fun place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 March 2015
A typical day at work started with starting at 7:30 AM. We did alot of cutting grass, picking up garbage, planting gardens during the summer. And we would do that until 4 PM. During the winter we would shovel snow from the sidewalks and work inside building and removing walls.
So-so
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 September 2014
This place was good in the beginning but it began to deteriorate in the end before I left. My employers and co-workers were great but this job was some what sporadic in nature. We did surveys for various corporations and it was a little monotonous in nature. You had to deal with some very nasty people on the phone. And there was not much in the way of expanding yourself in the business. It is fine if you need something to occupy yourself but as a job to pay the bills and such, no.
I was learning the storage industry
Rent Plus and worked when manager had meetings (Former Employee) –  Oshawa On7 March 2014
I was training in the software that the storage company used and filling in for the manager when he was away from office.
enjoyable, friendly
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 October 2012
The owners and management at Access are supportive and encouraging. there are many incentive programs and benefit package.
Pros
fare wages, bonus incentives, benefits
Cons
changing structure