Access storage Employee Reviews

Management needs to do better
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2019
Management need to do better in all aspects of this company starting with salary the staff are way too under paid for a heavy workload day in and day out,way to many updates.
managers unwilling help new hires
Storage Solutions Expert (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 July 2019
Managers have relative across differents branches, anonyms having ears for wherever. When you are close to ending your 8 weeks of training they fired you with no excuse. managers keep proving you since day one to try to catch you in something wrong to terminate the work. a lot of breaking in the facilities anytime. scary. I do not recommend to work here
Pros
learn banking work financial reports
Cons
breaking in, regional manager like philipines people
Very Toxic work environment
Solutions Expert (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 May 2019
Regional Manger makes the work environment very toxic. Its either her way or the highway.
Employees get all the blame when all we do is follow orders and procedure.
Promotions were promised and never given.
They ask more and more for you to do and raises are never given.
Please be very aware when applying
Poor Hiring Practices
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2019
recently went through the interview process.. the expectation were so unrealistic, they expect you do almost work for them before they even hire you..
They never follow through on contacting you.
Extremely low wages based on the requirements.
Very male dominated industry with very few roles held by females past Site Managers
Applying here you will need to free up weeks and weeks of your time and constantly hound them to get back to you..
This made my decision very easy to not except an offer from them .
Pros
a Job ?
Cons
to many to list.. pay is well below standards
Its okay
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario12 December 2018
This job is great as it is ALWAYS a full time job however it is a VERY heavy work load (especially if you are working alone at any point).it gives you great experience is customer care, administrative work, and handling difficult situations- BUT EMPLOYEES ARE NOT WELL COMPENSATED
Dont work here.
Storage solution expert (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2018
Worst place I have ever worked for. No support from management. Terrible pay with no pay increases. Nobody lasts long. If they do they get walked all over. Even managers.
You will become janitor on top of all other responsibilities. Mice everywhere and no one cares. Clients storage all eaten and no support from access for them and their loss. The only good part of the job was the other amazing SSE's I worked with.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Great work environment.
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 July 2018
It's a great Canadian company. People here work hard, play hard and eat hard...we have a lot of potluck's ! It’s such a fun and pleasant place to work. Access, Depotium, SFYL, and Sentinel are great places to store your items too.
Managers
Storage Solution Expert/Manager in training (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB29 March 2018
Lethbridge managers are horrible. Have harassment issues and are so OCD. ( can't even go to the washroom without them knocking on the door wanting to talk)
A
"Restructured without cause"
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 February 2018
I worked for them for just over three months. Promoted to Site Manager one month in, made budget my first month in charge and then restructured out of a job without explanation after three months.

If you want job security (like I did), this ain't it.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
Horrible job security
A quiet yet reliable environment to work in with good customer service
Maintenance Person (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON24 March 2017
When I worked at Access Storage, I worked as Maintenance. I replaced light bulbs, cleaned the floors and units of junk / dirt, and helped clear up the office with a vacuum cleaner. The job was quite nice as it was usually only three people working there at a time and as Maintenance you are usually alone at the end of the shift since the Office closes early. This means that if anyone has any customer related needs they will usually go to you and so I talked to a lot of the people renting storage units there. It was mostly a isolated work place, but if you are good at cleaning and don't mind silence, it is quite a neat job.
Pros
Silent workplace, good teammates within workplace
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours to complete all work neccessary
Very little appreciation of staff
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  AB16 January 2017
A company that takes no accountability and provides very little support for its staff. Rather than accommodating employees to maybe have some employee retention, I found their attitude was "take it or leave it". Not even an attempt to try to accommodate! Needless to say I left and will be forever grateful to them for pushing me to pursue a better career company.
Staff was the only positive thing
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario29 September 2016
This company has to be one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. They over work and under pay you. The pay and the bonus structure is a joke. They expect you to do jobs that you weren't even hired for, and to do it with a smile. No room for growth at all, and if you do become manager well there's really no real training. As a manager don't expect a life because if there is an issue with the site you are down there at all hours. Turn over rate for employees is high, where even the customers notice.The fees for clients are horrible but it's another way to make a buck. There is no support from upper management at all. I stayed way too long at this company...
Pros
Staff
Cons
The company the wages are horrible
Fairly easy job
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2016
had to travel a lot by car. the landscaping was fairly easy. when ever your done your job you would have to just wait for the others to finish
Pros
easy to do
Good work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON15 March 2016
A good work environment where one can grow
Good management and co workers.
Friendly work environment and the chance to meet people from all works of life.
Productive and fun place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 March 2015
A typical day at work started with starting at 7:30 AM. We did alot of cutting grass, picking up garbage, planting gardens during the summer. And we would do that until 4 PM. During the winter we would shovel snow from the sidewalks and work inside building and removing walls.
So-so
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 September 2014
This place was good in the beginning but it began to deteriorate in the end before I left. My employers and co-workers were great but this job was some what sporadic in nature. We did surveys for various corporations and it was a little monotonous in nature. You had to deal with some very nasty people on the phone. And there was not much in the way of expanding yourself in the business. It is fine if you need something to occupy yourself but as a job to pay the bills and such, no.
I was learning the storage industry
Rent Plus and worked when manager had meetings (Former Employee) –  Oshawa On7 March 2014
I was training in the software that the storage company used and filling in for the manager when he was away from office.
Great Place to Work.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  143 Heart Lake rd (Brampton South)20 February 2013
Access Storage is a great place to work with opportunites for advancement and Travel.. I've been with the company 3 years now and have learned everything from the bottom to the top of the infastrucure. There's never a dull moment. Great customers and excellent staff make the enviroment feel like a home away from home.

A typical day consists of contacting customers for new rentals or payment reminders. A/P and A/R inquires aswell as invoicing.

Granted part of the job is outside but there are golf carts availible to make the job easier and way more fun!!!!
Pros
1 hour lunches...
Cons
sundays shift (10-2)
enjoyable, friendly
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 October 2012
The owners and management at Access are supportive and encouraging. there are many incentive programs and benefit package.
Pros
fare wages, bonus incentives, benefits
Cons
changing structure