Access Personal Support Ltd. Employee Reviews

Excellent opportunity for professional growth!
Enhanced Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON17 July 2019
Working with Access Personal Support has been an absolute pleasure. Management is approachable and available for extended hours, including weekends, to provide support. My manager specifically has been incredibly diligent and understanding throughout my experience. In an effort to support professional development, she consistently provides feedback and conducts “check-ins”. She treats me like family, and I’ve experienced the same treatment from upper management.

Working for Access provides you with the opportunity to build your own schedule. Your shifts are fairly flexible and you have significant control over how much or how little you work. You are responsible for overseeing your day to day sessions, which nurtures the development of various management and interpersonal skills.
Pros
Flexible schedule, supportive management, professional development
Cons
Schedule consistently, benefits (self-employed)
Make your own schedule
support worker (Current Employee) –  hamilton, ontario11 July 2019
Shorter hours typically, 3-5 hour shifts..but can make your own and still get more hours.
Pros
make your own schedule, good communication with manager
Cons
sometimes shorter hours.
Felt like a free agent
personal support worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2019
no contact with management or other workers
clients irritated at me for things out of my control
must drive clients in car
short shifts
have continuously to ask to get more hours
Pros
Cons
alot
Worked with the company long time
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 May 2019
Things were great in the beginning, a lot of hours but in the past 6 months i have been told there is a shortage of hours. I recently learned newer workers are getting clients closer to home with longer hours meanwhile I have been without hours and travelling far distances. Things have changed drastically since new management took over.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
No hours

Good morning,

I am very sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience working with Access Personal Support over the last several months. I am sure you were a very valued support worker.

Transitions in companies are difficult for everyone, and we apologize that you felt it was unfavourable. Please contact me at 289 689 0207 or jwolfraim@apsont.com we would like to make this better.

Regards,

Jennifer
Coordinator

Clients are great, management not so much
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 May 2019
Communication with our supervisor is rare. She is too busy to take your call or is with clients when you need her help. Clients are unhappy with the company as they do not receive calls back from the supervisor and often time only learn of schedule changes from me - the psw.
Pros
Clients
Cons
No contact with supervisor; unhappy clients;

Good Morning,

We apologize for your poor experience working with Access Personal Support.

In a field like ours, communication is key. I ask that you please contact me so we can discuss this matter. Please feel free to contact me at 289 689 0207 or jwolfraim@apsont.com so we can improve things at Access Personal Support.

Jennifer
Coordinator

no hours, little pay with a lot of empty promises
PSW (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2019
Was hired to work with this company after 4 weeks i was let go. I was not given a real reason, other then they will call me when they get more hours. Pay was very little. Owner gave me little support when i needed her help with client support.
Pros
Cons
No hours/ wrongful dismissal/ no support

Good morning,

I am so sorry you had such a poor experience with Access Personal Support.

If you have a chance please feel free to reach out to me to discuss your specific situation, you can reach me at jwolfraim@apsont.com or you can call 289-689-0207.

Hope to hear from you,

Jennifer Wolfraim

not enough work
Community Care Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2018
no travel pay
no pay for administration work
difficult hours that are not consistent
mangers are nice
no room to move up within the company or additional training
calls and texts messages late at night
pay is monthly
Wonderful Company to work for
To aid and assist clients (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 May 2018
Managers always have your best interest at need, always are great with hours and training on the field. Always available Diloretoandlong feedback with any questions at anytime of the day. Very supportive company with their employees.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Access Personal Support Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

Access Personal Support Ltd. Reviews by Location