Access Information Protected Employee Reviews for Transportation Specialist

High paced work environment
Transportation Specialist Record Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GA12 October 2018
the company has great benefits and listens to employee's ideas. The hardest part of the job is the consistent lifting and putting away boxes of files.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hot warehouse
Official response from Access Information Protected
30 October 2018

Thank you very much for your review here.

I appreciate that you took the time to post positively about our benefits and that we listen to our team members.

I agree with you that the work in the record centers and on the road can be very labor intensive involving lots of heavy lifting, and that the facilities can be quite warm in the summer. I hope that your received proper training on lifting techniques, had the opportunity to "team lift" when appropriate and to stay hydrated while on the job!

Thanks again for taking the time to post this review and for all the work you did here at Access. Please feel free to reach out to me at ralston@accesscorp.com for any reason.

All the best,
Rob

Good company, too much on their plate
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO6 November 2017
Great place to work, management and co-workers were fantastic. Work load was too much for the number of transportation specialists we had assigned. I would come in by 7 AM and not leave until past 8 PM that night, running a route that should've been split between at least two if not three people. Vehicles needed to be better cared for, they were constantly breaking down. In the span of time I worked for them, I had 4 different trucks break down on me and had to be towed nearly 80 miles back to the depot to go home.
What its like at Access
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WI30 October 2017
Access is a good job for someone who really does not want to work extremely hard. A typical day is just always slow looking for things to do when there is really nothing to do. Sometimes you get yelled at for standing in a circle chatting ( which i understand why) but, there is really not much work to do until the routes are ready. Access has a great personality group of people so there is no problem with the people there. Its the fact that i cant learn a lot from this position i am in. Do not get me wrong i love how easy and relaxed my job is but after awhile things become predictable and i just love learning new things which is why i am reaching out to find better opportunity to learn more in this life i have while i am still young.
Pros
Relaxed, Good Personality group
Cons
Teaches me nothing, Slow starts, No overtime, Lack of communication
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buena, NJ16 January 2016
Looked forward to taking care of customers and doing my daily duties such as deliveries, pulling documents for next day delivery service, searching on computer for location of documents for various customers, using forklift for destruction pallets and other projects. Learned more about using the computer, great co-workers who worked hard everyday. Management treated us like we were one big family.
Pros
All the coffee you can drink and got lunch bought for us every now and then.
Cons
Short breaks
Productive work environment with an emphasis on customer service
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WA14 April 2014
This review is based more so on Datasite NW, not Access Information Management. I have worked for Datasite NW for 7 years and it was recently bought out by Access Information Management. My title is Transportation Specialist which requires transporting customers information in a timely manner without a possibility of breaches. I've learned how to work independently and to effectively problem solve when it came to daily issues. I've learned how to lead and to effectively get all my work done in a timely manner while assisting fellow coworkers. The hardest part of the job is making sure everything gets done on a busy day but found it was always possible. The most enjoyable part is interacting with the people I work with.
Fast pace, productive.
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wailuku, HI16 January 2014
after clocking in, we check e-mails, routes the deliveries/pick ups, look on maps. call leaderships team on Oahu to verify work load for the day. we then go outside and perform vehicle checks for safety. get all material and or equipment to complete the deliveries/pick ups for the day. at the end we unload vehicle of sensitive material store or destroy material, clean out vehicle check e-mails once more and respond to e-mails and follow lock down procedures to ensure the safety and security of our clients documents.
Pros
Always busy, meet new people all the time.
Cons
Very hard on the body. long hours, short staff.
Unpredictable
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HI22 July 2013
Some days were crazy busy, others were completely dead. Hard to have a steady income here because of the uncertainty.
Stay Clear
Warehouse/Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CA9 March 2013
Company does not treat their workers well. Benefits are expensive. Always promote from the outside. Corporate spends company money like crazy on hotels, dinners, women (even though they are married) All the while the ones that work hard get nothing but a 5 cent raise.
Pros
work and overtime occasionally
Cons
benefits, management, many more
basically your own boss. good benefits. lunch and breaks left up to drivers time.
transportation specialist (Former Employee) –  Chico, CA8 June 2012
Workplace was under extreme observation, which it should be for a secure document destruction center, tensions were high with most associates from corporaate office. many turnover of associates. tension was high. Good benefits.
Pros
health insurance, 401k
Cons
under watchful eyes from management causeing high tension and uncomfortable working enviorment.