Access Information Protected Employee Reviews for Operations Supervisor

Decent company
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WI10 January 2019
Access is not a bad company to work during my time and experience. I cannot speak for all locations as there are many across the country. I can only speak on my experience at my location. Where I work it has laid back management at times too laid back. Unless it involves incidents or matters that they would have to answer to, things don't get addressed properly. There is not a lot of correction or confronting habits, behavior,actions or attitude. Also there isn't a lot of hands on on personal training without you having to ask when you find yourself in a unfamiliar situation. Everyone is treated well and respectfully. You are accepted and embraced. However little acknowledgement and recognition are rarely expressed, even when team members go above and beyond. Team and individual efforts are not often celebrated.
Official response from Access Information Protected
18 January 2019

Thank you very much for your review here.

I am glad that you feel embraced and accepted and are treated well and with respect. That is a solid foundation, but I am sorry to hear that you didn’t feel appreciated enough. That is the opposite of the culture we are trying to build, which is why we instituted the Tag Bonus program. I encourage you to speak to the leadership in your area about this program, especially since the program is mostly peer-to-peer recognition, so you can begin recognizing your fellow team members immediately! Also, I know your local Leader (whom I have known for over a decade now) will appreciate hearing from you directly.

Also, I do also appreciate you sharing that you feel management isn’t attentive enough to some items, shies away from confrontation and doesn’t do enough to acknowledge and recognize the effort of our team members - these are items that I will address directly.

I would really like to hear more of your thoughts on the lack of training. We do invest heavily in training and on-boarding, but I know we have a ways to go still and more specific information would be very helpful. If you're willing to share more, you can reach me at ralston@accesscorp.com.

Thank you again for your review, and please feel free to reach out to me at any time at ralston@accesscorp.com.

Thanks again,
Rob
CEO

Typical large corporation
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA23 March 2018
Access cares more about making large profits than it does about clients and employees. While Access started out as a great place to work, it became too large too quickly - acquiring a lot of smaller companies. It became a very hectic, confused place to work.
Official response from Access Information Protected
22 August 2018

Thanks for taking the time to post your review.

I appreciate that you enjoyed working at Access for period of time and even considered in a great place to work.

Sorry, but I disagree that we are a typical large corporation and that we care more about making large profits than we do about clients and team members. I don't ever pretend that we aren't a for profit company - we are a for-profit company and we have investors who expect to get great returns, which I will always work hard to provide. However, great returns don't have to come at the expense of our clients or our team members, and I don't think it does, but I understand that is how you feel - and I am sorry that I didn't communicate our priorities more clearly.

I personally spend most of my time with team members and focused on growing the company because I firmly believe that our team is our best asset and that growth provides opportunity. The alternative to growth is stagnating or shrinking, which would be a terrible place to be and would also lead to lay-offs.

I do agree that we have experienced our share of growing pains - and probably more than our fair share of growing pains, but we have also experienced more than our fair share of growth. We just made the Inc 5000 fastest growing companies for the 10th year in a row...something that only 38 companies have done (out of tens of thousands that have applied, which certainly makes us not a typical large corporation).

That kind of stratospheric growth has provided incredible opportunity for many of our thousands of team members, but, yes, there are  more... times when it creates plenty of challenges. However, I will always choose challenges around growing pains than challenges growing. We are blessed to have growth.

Please know that I do see and acknowledge the growing pains and that I don't ignore them, as we will continue to work to plan better and minimize growing pains. I am sorry that they impacted your role so significantly as to make your time at Access hectic and confused.

Thanks again for your review here and please feel free to reach out to me directly for any reason at ralston@accesscorp.com.

Best,
Rob

Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO26 November 2017
I cannot provide an accurate review, as I was only a contractor in a contracted position while I was there. As it was only a 6-month term, this is an insufficient amount of time to fairly review them.