Access Information Protected Employee Reviews

its a good place to work and they give the opportunity to work in different areas with out experience because they train you
IMAGINING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL24 September 2018
Good place to work. The only thing I don't like is that they don't hire you direct with the company is true the staffing agency. They give you the opportunity to work in different areas with out experience and they gave you training.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
you have no benefits with the company
18 December 2018

Thank you very much for your review here.

I am glad that your experience at Access was so positive, but I do want to clarify that all full time team members at Access do get benefits, so maybe you are referring to your time as a temp? And, there are many positions we do hire direct, but it is common for us to hire imaging specialists direct from temp agencies due to the inconsistent volumes of project work in that line of business.

I am also glad that you enjoyed the opportunity to work in other areas and that you found the training beneficial (which is not how everyone feels, as you can see on other reviews here on indeed).

Thanks again for your review and please feel free to reach out to me at ralston@accesscorp.com for any reason.

CEO

turbulent company full of changes with very little training
Regional Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FL17 September 2018
I am considering leaving access because I don't feel secure in my position, I feel that I haven't gotten enough training in a brand new industry. They wanted me to start selling without enough training to do my clients justice. My boss is a very nice person but came from a Sales rep role, never managing people. This person was very scattered and all over the place.

They say they are family focused, but that isn't my experience. They care more about you making your #'s then the individuals that work for the company.

Although I have been doing fairly well, I feel that I could do better if I had received proper training.

They have mostly grown through purchasing companies, not through natural growth with sales reps hunting and bringing in the business. Most of the company focuses on Account Managers not Account Executives and so as a result, there isn't enough training to help us grow in our role.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Good Pay, Good Benefits, great industry
Cons
Healthcare is expensive, poor management, no security
18 December 2018

Thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed review here on Indeed.

I appreciate you sharing that you didn't feel like you got enough training in our industry and that your direct supervisor could have been better. I agree that we could offer better sales training and are in the process of improving our go-to-market strategy currently, including better training, which is too little, too late in your case, I believe.

I am very surprised and sorry that your experience was that we are a family oriented company as we offer great benefits to families and, I thought, have flexible scheduling for team members (which you cite as a pro to the position). We do definitely care about the #s, but not over anyone's well being or their family's well being.

I am also surprised that you found our healthcare to be expensive (but you cite Good Benefits as a pro?) and that you say we have no security. We offer very competitive benefits and we have top-of-the-line physical and cyber security, including a compliance team to make sure we are meeting or exceeding expectations in these areas, so I don't understand the claim that we have no security.

Thanks again for taking the time to post this review, and please reach out to me with any questions or follow ups (especially if I misread something here) at ralston@accesscorp.com

CEO

We have monthly pot lucks
Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento County, CA15 September 2018
I do like my job , I dont feel I get paid for what I do . The men all get paid $3.00 More than I do and I do more than most. Thats why Im looking for other employment.
Pros
Monday throu friday
Cons
Pay
I enjoyed my time at Access. Was sorry to leave when the company decided to move their headquarters from California to Boston.
Cash Applications Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CA9 September 2018
Enjoyed a full career at Access, learned many skills and developed many great relationships. Took my department from a one man team (myself) to supervising an 8 member team of hand picked exceptional individuals. Unfortunately the company decided to move to Boston, MA in October of 2017 and laid off all the Accounting department.
Pros
Working with exceptional people. Had a flexible schedule and was appreciated
Cons
Company moved to Boston, Ma
18 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review here, and I, too, am sorry that many people lost their jobs when we moved the headquarters to Boston. That was a very hard day for me when we announced that change, but not nearly as hard for those who lost their jobs - which is why i was there in person to make the announcement and look everyone in the eye myself.

You - I know who you are! :) - grew with us through a lot and i am very, very grateful for all your efforts during your time here at Access.

I am glad you enjoyed the exceptional team, as well.

Thanks again for your review and please feel free to reach out to me for any reason at ralston@accesscorp.com.

Hardwork
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL20 August 2018
This is a ok company to work for as well. The only problem was the poor option for insurance and other benefits. Hours were from 9 to 5. Forklift was new.
22 August 2018

Thank you for your review here on Indeed.com. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us.

I am sorry that you didn't like our benefit options. We do work hard to provide the right options and level of benefits and also try to cover the right amount of expense on our team member and team members' family's behalf, but I know that we have work to do here still.

We just completed our annual survey, which included a benefits review, and we are incorporating the feedback we received into our analysis for our benefit offering next year.

I am glad you enjoyed the new forklift - new equipment is always nice - and that you found the hours manageable.

Please feel free to reach out to me at ralston@accesscorp.com for any reason if you want to follow up on any of these items.

Thanks again,

Productive and fun workplace
Client Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HI7 August 2018
I Would recommend working at Access Information Management to anyone I know. Access is a fast paced , to the point work environment and everyone works together to make things a lot easier.
22 August 2018

Thank you very much (Mahalo nui loa) for your positive review here!

I grew up in Hawaii and that is where I got my start here at Access, so I love to hear that you enjoyed your time at Access in Hawaii.

The fast paced environment certainly keeps things interesting and I am thrilled to hear the team environment was so strong and collaborative.

Thanks again for making the time to post this review.

Mahalo and Aloha,

Another warehouse job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO12 July 2018
I was hired to work as a warehouse associate but ended up on a delivery route. While the team was great, the expectations for some of the work at times was out of the ordinary. While I am happy I do not work at Access anymore, it is mostly because I decided that after Access I would no longer be pursuing manual labor positions for my career options.
22 August 2018

Thanks for your very direct review here. I appreciate you taking the time to post it.

I am glad you enjoyed your team in Denver and I am sorry that work load was out of the ordinary at times. We have certainly had our challenges keep transportation roles filled in this competitive work environment, especially for drivers, and are working hard to be more competitive here to keep the team fully staffed, which should help to keep work loads better balanced.

I wish you the best in your new career!

Thanks again for posting this review and thanks for all that you did while here at Access,

Fun & Fast growing Family oriented company
Benefits and Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CA5 June 2018
Access is a GREAT place to work. The company is growing fast which offers team members opportunities to travel & advance their career.

They offer an exceptional suite of benefit including training opportunities.

I would recommend this company to anyone who wants a fun, family oriented work place that offers a place for you to grow your career.
22 August 2018

Thank you very much for your positive review here. It sounds like you really enjoyed your time here on the team, and I appreciate that!

I am thrilled that you enjoyed our benefit offering (especially considering your position here at Access) and training opportunities and that you found the environment fun and family oriented with growth opportunities. We work hard on all of those fronts to provide those.

Thanks again for posting the review here,

terrible
Records Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, AL21 May 2018
Workflow was steady. Sometimes, the work flow was extremely busy. We were understaffed for two years. Poor communication between management and hourly employees. Morale was very low. Employees hated coming to work everyday. Besides pay, there was no other compensation, such as outings, lunches, appreciations. There wasn't any motivation to look forward to coming to work everyday.
Pros
working independently
Cons
pay, benefits
22 August 2018

I am really sorry that your experience here at Access in Alabama has been so terrible and I really appreciate you posting your feelings here. I am also sorry that you don't feel like your voice is not being heard by your local leadership, which is why I assume you are voicing your opinions here.

I am also sorry that I just discovered indeed.com because this review is a few months old at this point and I prefer to take much quicker action on feedback like this that is so actionable and so direct.

Simply put, please know that your experience at Access does not match my expectations for the experience of working at Access. I appreciate all the efforts of all Access team members and the idea that an entire team in one of our facilities hated/hates coming to work everyday is very saddening to me.

I am surprised that there were no outings, lunches or appreciation events. That is a core part of our culture and something i feel strongly about incorporating into our lives together at Access.

I will dig in here and appreciate you posting this review.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly at ralston@accescorp.com if you want to discuss any of this in more detail. All communication will be strictly confidential and there will, of course, be no retaliation for anything you express.

Thanks again for taking the time to post this review,

Typical large corporation
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA23 March 2018
Access cares more about making large profits than it does about clients and employees. While Access started out as a great place to work, it became too large too quickly - acquiring a lot of smaller companies. It became a very hectic, confused place to work.
22 August 2018

Thanks for taking the time to post your review.

I appreciate that you enjoyed working at Access for period of time and even considered in a great place to work.

Sorry, but I disagree that we are a typical large corporation and that we care more about making large profits than we do about clients and team members. I don't ever pretend that we aren't a for profit company - we are a for-profit company and we have investors who expect to get great returns, which I will always work hard to provide. However, great returns don't have to come at the expense of our clients or our team members, and I don't think it does, but I understand that is how you feel - and I am sorry that I didn't communicate our priorities more clearly.

I personally spend most of my time with team members and focused on growing the company because I firmly believe that our team is our best asset and that growth provides opportunity. The alternative to growth is stagnating or shrinking, which would be a terrible place to be and would also lead to lay-offs.

I do agree that we have experienced our share of growing pains - and probably more than our fair share of growing pains, but we have also experienced more than our fair share of growth. We just made the Inc 5000 fastest growing companies for the 10th year in a row...something that only 38 companies have done (out of tens of thousands that have applied, which certainly makes us not a typical large corporation).

That kind of stratospheric growth has provided incredible opportunity for many of our thousands of team members, but, yes, there are  more... times when it creates plenty of challenges. However, I will always choose challenges around growing pains than challenges growing. We are blessed to have growth.

Please know that I do see and acknowledge the growing pains and that I don't ignore them, as we will continue to work to plan better and minimize growing pains. I am sorry that they impacted your role so significantly as to make your time at Access hectic and confused.

Thanks again for your review here and please feel free to reach out to me directly for any reason at ralston@accesscorp.com.

General / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL15 March 2018
No interest in giving any since making money is the bottom line.People should not be forced to give an opinion if it will not make a difference. thank you
22 August 2018

Thanks for your review here.

I admit to not understanding how you were forced to give your opinion, but it stinks that you didn't feel like your voice was heard and that your opinion did not make a difference. I take all team member feedback seriously, as evidenced by me responding directly to reviews here and on Glassdoor, and work with intention to be responsive to the feedback we receive as a company across various forms, including here, team member surveys, town hall meetings, etc.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly at ralston@accesscorp.com with any further follow up information you are comfortable providing. I will keep all correspondence confidential and respect your privacy.

Thanks again,
Rob

Very low pay. Very stressful.
CREDIT AND COLLECTIONS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CA1 March 2018
There is no career advancement. They changed my title into a lower level when I was brought from temp to perm. The pay is $8 less than what I am making now. The job was very stressful and frustrating. There was lack of communication for a company that acquires smaller business every quarter.
22 August 2018

Thanks for your review here. Your review is direct and detailed, and I appreciate it.

Your role at Access was in a location that got shut down, so I understand your frustration. Shutting that location was very hard as I had worked with many of the team members there for years and years - some for more than a decade.

I am sure your role was all of the things you describe (stressful, frustrating, wrought with poor communication and under-compensated) and I take complete responsibility for that...just as I take responsibility for the decision to move the entire accounting and finance function to Boston. It wasn't working in Livermore, and we made the change because things needed to dramatically improve and to do that we needed to move the functions closer to our new CFO and CAO.

I am sorry that your time here at Access was unproductive professionally, stressful and that you weren't compensated fairly. I feel that I screwed that up for more than just you, unfortunately. My commitment is to work very hard not make the same mistake again for any Access team member.

Please feel free to reach out to me for any reason at ralston@accesscorp.com.

Thanks again, and my deepest apologies,
Rob

productive and leaning environment for a worker also
CUSTOMER DELIVERY AND PICK UP DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 8023828 February 2018
I work for Access Informaion protected for one year and it was fun.I lean alot working with Access. I worked at the warehourse and i was train how to use a cherry picker and later i was promoted to be a delivery driver.
22 August 2018

Thanks for your review here on Indeed.

I appreciate that your time at Access was so enjoyable and that you learned so much while having fun. It sounds like you advanced your career by learning new skills and being promoted, so congratulations. I am thrilled to hear that we contributed to positively to you.

All the best and thanks again,
Rob

Great job if you have kids, very family oriented and friendly, hours are good. As much overtime that you need.
Record Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH20 January 2018
Come in at 6am, print off daily task for purges and other daily activities.
How to work as a team, what it takes to move up in the company, how to be a leader.
Management cares about the employees.
Team driven, being held accountable for your work as well as your actions.
Constantly lifting.
Working with the record center team.
Pros
bonuses, free lunch, gift card give a ways
Cons
short lunch, not organized at times.
22 August 2018

Thank you very much for your detailed review here. I appreciate you taking the time to post this meaningful review.

We work hard to provide leadership and promotion opportunities, plus ensure team work and solid accountability across the organization. I am glad that your local leadership is doing a great job reinforcing all of these elements of the Access culture with you.

I also appreciate that you feel management cares - we do care.

Thanks again for taking the time to post this review. I appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at ralston@accesscorp.com.

Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO26 November 2017
I cannot provide an accurate review, as I was only a contractor in a contracted position while I was there. As it was only a 6-month term, this is an insufficient amount of time to fairly review them.
Sounded better than it was
Management (Former Employee) –  Metro Area10 November 2017
Company is on a fast growth pattern with a mix of management from many companies. The company feels like it is becoming a bad example of one of the other large companies.

All the issues of a large company that is backed by equity partners looking for the return on investment.The clients suffer with the errors that happen on a regular basis due to extremely thin, inexperienced and frustrated staff.

High turn over has created an atmosphere of concern of keeping job at most levels and although they chant team, it is really a clique environment with constant internal positioning by separate groups.
Good company, too much on their plate
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO6 November 2017
Great place to work, management and co-workers were fantastic. Work load was too much for the number of transportation specialists we had assigned. I would come in by 7 AM and not leave until past 8 PM that night, running a route that should've been split between at least two if not three people. Vehicles needed to be better cared for, they were constantly breaking down. In the span of time I worked for them, I had 4 different trucks break down on me and had to be towed nearly 80 miles back to the depot to go home.
What its like at Access
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WI30 October 2017
Access is a good job for someone who really does not want to work extremely hard. A typical day is just always slow looking for things to do when there is really nothing to do. Sometimes you get yelled at for standing in a circle chatting ( which i understand why) but, there is really not much work to do until the routes are ready. Access has a great personality group of people so there is no problem with the people there. Its the fact that i cant learn a lot from this position i am in. Do not get me wrong i love how easy and relaxed my job is but after awhile things become predictable and i just love learning new things which is why i am reaching out to find better opportunity to learn more in this life i have while i am still young.
Pros
Relaxed, Good Personality group
Cons
Teaches me nothing, Slow starts, No overtime, Lack of communication
Great place for hard workers
Record Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA18 October 2017
The work is consistent and challenging, both physically and mentally. It keeps you active and moving. The work you do is important both for the company and the clients and is rewarding.
Not Paid Enough
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA10 October 2017
Unfair treatment by manager, not enough work, if you weren't on her good side then others got better treatment. Would not recommend it to anyone. Not desirable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Access Information Protected. Our community is ready to answer.