Accent Inn Inc

Accent Inn Inc Employee Reviews

Canada37 reviews
Was an ok place to work, Hotel was continually busy as it was close to airport and offered long term parking. Management was good to deal with when there.
I have been enjoying my time at the Accent Inns Burnaby. The management is great, the people are friendly and caring, the working environment is fast-paced at times and slow at others depending on occupancy. What I personally enjoyed is how comfortable you get with the people around, the staff and the management. It does not feel like work but more like helping a team to create the best services for our clients.
Pros
No micro management, fun and positive environment, easy and straightforward job requirements
Cons
Not enough working hours during slow period
Such a great team to work with at Accent, everyone here really goes out of their way to make you feel at home and everyone is an essential part of the team. As a part of the team you can really see how everyone is involved from the CEO Mandy to the General Managers, and all of our amazing housekeepers and front desk agents really work together to deliver an incredible guest experience. Everyone here likes to have fun and it shows in how we take care of our guests! It is a great work environment and is a place I look forward to coming back to each and every day. Coming into work with all the smiling faces of all the staff is such a great feeling!
Pros
Great Work Environment! and Great Staff!
Grateful I had this opportunity and for the experience. Love working for this company. They stand by you, they are very understanding, everyone there are real including head office peeps . and they all make it fun! The best place to start in the hospitality industry in my opinion. They just need to expand and update the property. They only need to bring back hotub and keep the pool set half indoor /outdoor.
Working here has been great, the people I work with are friendly and helpful, and make me feel like I'm working with friends and family. There are so many fun benefits like doughnuts, fun events, and being able to write and recieve notes for going above and beyond. Really love it here.
Accent Inns is a great place to work! Received a lot of support and gave you training until you were comfortable enough to be on your own. All the employees are very caring, and willing to help whenever you are in need. The co-workers and managers are amazing! They truly care about your well-being, and want you to succeed -- this place will become your second family. They are very accommodating, and are super flexible with scheduling. If you want to work for a place that has a fun workplace culture, creative, and caring, then this is the place to be!
Never a dull moment working at Accent Inn. Fun and supportive colleagues and managers. Everyone helps and support each other, a place that will encourage you to grow and the ability to make your own decision making.

We all have fun while working hard, be real to each other, make everything better for both our work environment/coworkers and to our guest and we always have each other's backs.
The job itself at Accent Inns is fine enough: you have a decent training period with a lot of patience from co-workers for repeated questions you may have.

Management is another story altogether. They say they have your back, but when you really need them, they either won't be there for you, or they'll try to throw you under the bus, or they'll outright bully you.

Easy-to-understand job: Yes.

Toxic work environment: Also yes.

Management that says one thing and does another: Also also yes.
Pros
Manageable schedule
Cons
Toxic management
I love every one .get along with everybody .I make them laughed.we are all team workers.we respect our management.we help each other.and focus on our job.
Pros
Free smoothie
Cons
Just enough hours.
In the almost 3 years I have worked here I have learned to respect and admire the team I work with. They are dedicated and hard working. Head office is part of our team and works with us not against us.
Pros
Lots of f;flexibility
Cons
Still need to grow company
I've never worked for or heard of a company that treats their employees as well as Accent Inns does. We have four core values that we truly live by: have fun, be real, make everything better and have each other's backs. That says it all. I am extremely proud to work here.
I've been with Accent Inns for nearly ten years, and I've grown to love this place. Accent Inn is a quirky, fun loving hotel with hilarious signage and free ducks in every room- but the fun goes beyond our presentation to the guests. Employees here are encouraged to be real, rock their own personal style, and have fun at work! The hospitality industry can be fast- paced and stressful during the busier months, but Accent Inn employees are great at working as a team to get the job done, and the managers are approachable, encouraging, and committed to helping in whatever way they can. The company offers flexible hours and awesome benefits, along with small perks like a monthly staff lunch and rewards when we beat our revenue objectives. I would highly recommend working here to anyone who is motivated to work hard but also wants to have fun!
Pros
Great workplace culture, staff lunches, awesome coworkers, good benefits
Accent Inn & Hotel Zed is a very family friendly place who know how to take care of their staff. There is zero tolerance for any type of bullying and really help take care of each other. The benefits for staff are amazing. They are always motivating us to be the very best. This is one of the most fun work places I've been part of. This team IS the best, WE are the BEST. Management is easy to get a hold of if we need help with anything.
Pros
benefits, bonuses, flexability
Cons
nothing
Since Accent Inns isn't a big, worldwide chain it gives the owner, CEO and management team a chance to actually get to know their staff and therefore they care about them. They come from "Rebel Base" (Victoria) every couple of months to see how everything is going with the property and to touch base on any issues or concerns. They offer a medical plan, monthly target bonuses for every staff member, a yearly holiday party, a summer staff boat cruise (with the sister property Hotel Zed) and weekly treat days. Hours are flexible and they will do what they can if you need certain days off for school, childcare, etc. Wage is competitive and reflective with other hotel jobs in the area with a three month review. I see myself working happily with them for a long time.
Pros
benefits, staff parties, recognition, flexible hours
Cons
winter/slow season may not be for everyone (possible lay offs)
This company is the right fit for me. I work hard, I'm motivated to go the extra mile for the company and guests, and I make sure I have fun. It helps when I like my job, co-workers and management. I perform set procedures and daily tasks with some variety, and learning something new. And I meet guests from all over the world.

Management is awesome because they make me feel valued as I can be myself. They allow me to feel alive while I share fun with others. I feel empowered when I take pride in my work and make everything better. I feel that I belong here because we have each other's back. Job security comes with doing your job well. As a small company, advancement within the company is limited, but not impossible. Pay is average for the job in this area. Management keeps us updated on internal changes and hotel improvements through staff meetings. Management has a welcoming vibe.

Even though I work reduced hours off season at Accent Inns, with flex hours I have choices if I want to take a vacation or be a tourist in my own town. I can keep active outdoors, pursue a hobby, choose to upgrade my skills or education, or even get a compatible side hustle. Good work/life balance with Accent Inns.
Pros
I love the perks including flex time, peer recognition, bonuses, staff parties, treats, benefit plan, and surprises.
Cons
The industry is seasonal so working during busy and or slow periods may not be for everyone.
I'm working in this company for almost 2 years. I always felt heard and valued by the managers and the owner.They value diversity and you can be who you are.
Working environment is fun and relaxed.

Managers are always there for you when you need them.

Good benefits after 6 months.

They have really good policy for bullying and harrasment between employees and/or from guests. I always feel safe and valued.

If you like tourism industry and want to work in a hotel this is great place.
Pros
Benefits, feeling valued by managers, fun place to work
Cons
Limited opportunities to grow as this is a fairly small hotel
They will fire you without proof and try and make it look like you’re the criminal. They are also homophobic toward their staff and try to cover their butts by blaming you for something else. This company isn’t a very secure place to work and apparently aren’t ashamed of getting rid of staff that did a lot for the company.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
they fire you without proof
I really enjoy working for accent inns. As a student, this job really works well for me. I am able to work days that really work for me. The management is great. I feel respected and supported. I like the job because it keeps me on my feet all day, opposed to sitting around. Overall I would recommend working for Accent Inns.
Pros
Team supported, benefits
The management is very communicative, the company itself is unlike any other where they actually value their employee's and care about them personally. I've never worked for a company that is so good. They work with your schedule, whether your a student or a mother, if there is a sickness in your family, you are sick anything they do all to help accommodate you so that you may keep your job. Great benefits as well. Truly a great company to work for, we are like a family. The motto is be real, have each others backs, have fun and make everything better for the next person.
Pros
flexible, professional, caring
Been working at Accent Inns for only two months now and have found exactly what I was looking for. What I was looking for was three main things: I wanted to be challenged, I wanted to be part of a team, not just another person in the crowd, and I wanted a competitive wage. Even though those are my main three criteria, the most enjoyable part of the job has been the co-workers and the atmosphere that the company promotes. It is true what they say, they really do give a duck. I'm excited for what's ahead for my career in this growing company.
Pros
Great benefits
Was only their a few months, was glad to leave. Found the work unrewarding and the pay low. Noticed a high management and staff turn over. The good staff didn't seem to last long.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Wages and management