Accent Inn Inc Employee Reviews

A company that cares
VP Sales & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC21 March 2019
I've never worked for or heard of a company that treats their employees as well as Accent Inns does. We have four core values that we truly live by: have fun, be real, make everything better and have each other's backs. That says it all. I am extremely proud to work here.
Awesome place to work!
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 March 2019
I've been with Accent Inns for nearly ten years, and I've grown to love this place. Accent Inn is a quirky, fun loving hotel with hilarious signage and free ducks in every room- but the fun goes beyond our presentation to the guests. Employees here are encouraged to be real, rock their own personal style, and have fun at work! The hospitality industry can be fast- paced and stressful during the busier months, but Accent Inn employees are great at working as a team to get the job done, and the managers are approachable, encouraging, and committed to helping in whatever way they can. The company offers flexible hours and awesome benefits, along with small perks like a monthly staff lunch and rewards when we beat our revenue objectives. I would highly recommend working here to anyone who is motivated to work hard but also wants to have fun!
Pros
Great workplace culture, staff lunches, awesome coworkers, good benefits
Small-town hotel chain makes it big!
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 March 2019
This truly is one of the best employers I've ever had the good fortune to work for. I can't remember the last time I felt so valued and respected. I know this will sound a bit like a shill, but everyone on staff works hard to help each other whenever and wherever possible...it really is like a family. What's also a nice change of pace (at least for me), is that management doesn't just tell the rest of the crew to work hard, they step it up and lead by example. Positivity, good morale, decent wage, helpful and caring co-workers...it's all here. And it's awesome.
Pros
Stress-free workplace
Cons
None to speak of
family oriented.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC6 March 2019
Accent Inn & Hotel Zed is a very family friendly place who know how to take care of their staff. There is zero tolerance for any type of bullying and really help take care of each other. The benefits for staff are amazing. They are always motivating us to be the very best. This is one of the most fun work places I've been part of. This team IS the best, WE are the BEST. Management is easy to get a hold of if we need help with anything.
Pros
benefits, bonuses, flexability
Cons
nothing
Different, in a good way...
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC1 March 2019
Since Accent Inns isn't a big, worldwide chain it gives the owner, CEO and management team a chance to actually get to know their staff and therefore they care about them. They come from "Rebel Base" (Victoria) every couple of months to see how everything is going with the property and to touch base on any issues or concerns. They offer a medical plan, monthly target bonuses for every staff member, a yearly holiday party, a summer staff boat cruise (with the sister property Hotel Zed) and weekly treat days. Hours are flexible and they will do what they can if you need certain days off for school, childcare, etc. Wage is competitive and reflective with other hotel jobs in the area with a three month review. I see myself working happily with them for a long time.
Pros
benefits, staff parties, recognition, flexible hours
Cons
winter/slow season may not be for everyone (possible lay offs)
Awesome company and perks
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC23 February 2019
This company is the right fit for me. I work hard, I'm motivated to go the extra mile for the company and guests, and I make sure I have fun. It helps when I like my job, co-workers and management. I perform set procedures and daily tasks with some variety, and learning something new. And I meet guests from all over the world.

Management is awesome because they make me feel valued as I can be myself. They allow me to feel alive while I share fun with others. I feel empowered when I take pride in my work and make everything better. I feel that I belong here because we have each other's back. Job security comes with doing your job well. As a small company, advancement within the company is limited, but not impossible. Pay is average for the job in this area. Management keeps us updated on internal changes and hotel improvements through staff meetings. Management has a welcoming vibe.

Even though I work reduced hours off season at Accent Inns, with flex hours I have choices if I want to take a vacation or be a tourist in my own town. I can keep active outdoors, pursue a hobby, choose to upgrade my skills or education, or even get a compatible side hustle. Good work/life balance with Accent Inns.
Pros
I love the perks including flex time, peer recognition, bonuses, staff parties, treats, benefit plan, and surprises.
Cons
The industry is seasonal so working during busy and or slow periods may not be for everyone.
Fun place to work and great managers
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC20 February 2019
I'm working in this company for almost 2 years. I always felt heard and valued by the managers and the owner.They value diversity and you can be who you are.
Working environment is fun and relaxed.
Managers are always there for you when you need them.
Good benefits after 6 months.
They have really good policy for bullying and harrasment between employees and/or from guests. I always feel safe and valued.
If you like tourism industry and want to work in a hotel this is great place.
Pros
Benefits, feeling valued by managers, fun place to work
Cons
Limited opportunities to grow as this is a fairly small hotel
Don’t work here
One of the managers (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 February 2019
They will fire you without proof and try and make it look like you’re the criminal. They are also homophobic toward their staff and try to cover their butts by blaming you for something else. This company isn’t a very secure place to work and apparently aren’t ashamed of getting rid of staff that did a lot for the company.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
they fire you without proof
A really great company to work for.
Housekeeper (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC13 February 2019
I really enjoy working for accent inns. As a student, this job really works well for me. I am able to work days that really work for me. The management is great. I feel respected and supported. I like the job because it keeps me on my feet all day, opposed to sitting around. Overall I would recommend working for Accent Inns.
Pros
Team supported, benefits
Awesome place to work!
Breakfast Attendant and house keeper (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC11 February 2019
The management is very communicative, the company itself is unlike any other where they actually value their employee's and care about them personally. I've never worked for a company that is so good. They work with your schedule, whether your a student or a mother, if there is a sickness in your family, you are sick anything they do all to help accommodate you so that you may keep your job. Great benefits as well. Truly a great company to work for, we are like a family. The motto is be real, have each others backs, have fun and make everything better for the next person.
Pros
flexible, professional, caring
Great Family Atmosphere
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC29 January 2019
Been working at Accent Inns for only two months now and have found exactly what I was looking for. What I was looking for was three main things: I wanted to be challenged, I wanted to be part of a team, not just another person in the crowd, and I wanted a competitive wage. Even though those are my main three criteria, the most enjoyable part of the job has been the co-workers and the atmosphere that the company promotes. It is true what they say, they really do give a duck. I'm excited for what's ahead for my career in this growing company.
Pros
Great benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Accent Inn Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5