Acadia Drywall Supplies Ltd

Acadia Drywall Supplies Ltd Employee Reviews

Poor owners
Not worth writing about. Did way to much and was under paid for what responsibility I had. I also was 24 hour emergency call for the alarm system. When your not respected for the job you did hard to stay positive.
Needs big improvements
Company cuts lots of corners especially on vehicle maintenance. Need to upgrade their aging fleet.
Extreme use of drugs by some employees seem to slip past management.
Decent place to work
I had a good time working there. The environment was good. I would’ve stayed if I didn’t hurt my back.
Management was understanding of my need to quit as my back affected my ability to perform.
Pros
Great management and coworkers.
Cons
Very hard work and unpredictable hours.
Great team
the work place culture is awesome, its like one big family. management was decent and fair. it was hard work but it felt good at the end of the day. day goes by very quick. they hired young people and train them which is rare for a lot of company's.
this company is an absolute joke
If you are looking for a decent job and to be respected or appreciated for working hard, better look somewhere else. You will waste your time here, they will promise you things that they wont keep. Guaranteed.
Pros
if you smoke cigarettes
Cons
bad management, hysterical drivers and bad equipment
Very unsafe place to work
This company was a scary place to work at. It may be different now. I would talk to some employees that are working there now to be sure it has changed. They are also very stingy with there salaries. I worked there as a shipper/receiver for over a year at minimum wage and was refused a raise.
Pros
People were great to work with.
Cons
Wages way to low for the work done.
Great work / life balance
Enjoyable workplace. Some of the work is performed outdoors. I love to work in the fresh air and get some exercise. Head office does not micromanage its employees. I get a chance to meet and work with various tradespeople of the community.
great company to work for
days go by fast when you work hard everybody is great to work with.
pretty chill group of guys.some days are to easy and other days can be flat out.every one has a good time and it is a really interesting place to work. lots of different job sites,locations and cool trucks.
Pros
keeps you in shape
Cons
It is a job in which you get paid but
Everyone is paid the same no matter what extra jobs you do. The more you do the more that is expected from you. This would be fine if you are rewarded for the extra work but you are not. Management has no idea how to talk to people and the only time they want to talk is to blame you for something that went wrong or is broke. Manitiance can not keep up with aĺl that is expected of them. They talk big about a lot of things but treat people like garbage.
Pros
Was able to try out different tasks so able to learn new skills.
Cons
Management loves to watch cameras located all over the plant as a full time job., No training and they do not like to pay for anything. It is up to you to learn new new skills.
La nature du problème. ...
Trop de casque blanc sans expérience dans la région de montréal. ... Et ce même casque ne vois que des chiffre et non l humain derrière chaque employés ! !! Promesse jamais présenté à thermes manque de sécurité manque réparation et manque d entretien des véhicules truck ,,,lift et jen passe ...Aucun respect de la lois sur la conformité des véhicules lourd MAUVAISE COMMUNICATION AVEC LE DIRECTEUR DE LAVAL ET LA COMPAGNIE EXTÉRIEUR, EMPLOYER DÉMISSIONNE CHAQUE DEUX SEMAINE ... c'est une roue sans fin !

ESSAYER POUR LE CROIRE MERCI
Pros
Over time
Cons
Y vont tous faire pour que tai pas d over time
Small, over worked environment.
The jobs themselves were simple and easy to understand. However the management has a bad habit of making a LOT of promises to the employees that they can't keep.
Unprofessionally ran
Lack of organization and leadership. Management has no idea how to operate the services provided, coordinate with clients or staff for timely deliveries
this is the worst company I have ever worked for
poorly managed expect way more then what you are payed to do and treat their employees with no respect I do not recommend anyone to work here you will not enjoy it
productive and comfortable work place
Best job i ever had. I believed i was good at what i did. Sad that i got let go. I have tried to reapply. I would do anything to have my spot back at acadia.
My biggest struggle while working with Acadia was because i lived alone, my wife and kids left me and my parents would not talk to me. I was rich and lonely.
Warehouse worker
Very fast pace work place, great employee environment, management is easy to approach and fair. Big company with a smaller company feeling. you don't feel like your just a number.
Pros
feels like your part of a team
Cons
sometime long hours
If i was to sum up Acadia Drywall in one word.. mismanaged
Typical day at Acadia Drywall consisted of earlier morning calls from drivers regarding issues with trucks to problems with location for material drop off.. then once in office issues with production equipment to building problems due to lack of proper maintenance by ownership and previous operations managers.
Pros
good team
Cons
ownership
horaires flexible, environnement agréable
contremaître à l'écoute de ces employés et bonne entente avec les patrons
Pros
heures flexible, avantage sociaux
Cons
cellules de travail mal dirigées
Labour and work with good people
working for this team was great. A full time job with a lot of lunging drywall in / up or throw tight area of home, businesses, school and construction sites everyday. learned how to work smarter not harder.
most enjoyable part was driven long distances for delivery.
Pros
work was my all day work-out
Cons
not enough hours
fast paced possitive enviroment
carrying drywall is hard, long days. however the crew i worked with was great very possitive and i very much enjoyed working here.
Pros
worked outdoors
Cons
heavy workload
I enjoyed coming to work, got along very well with co-workers. Appreciated the extra responsibilities, including supervision of assistant.
I was always on time, appreciated the overtime, and loved the driving. I was hired under the premise that I would be trained along the way. That was a big draw for me - the opportunity of advancement.

The Management changed within a month of starting the position and brought in their own people who quickly replaced new hires.
very little money
It was considerably small income and management was mediocre.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acadia Drywall Supplies Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9