Academy of Learning College

Academy of Learning College Employee Reviews

fun plase as a coop student exprience

I was a coop student with no pay so no benefit but it was run by educated managers with fun place to work and beautiful lunch room and flexible hours for employee

Wasted 10 years of life

The owner, his wife and the other employees are facing discrimination. harassment, racism, unsafe working conditions lawsuits from their ex-employees. Horrible time working with that crooked, brainless husband-wife, and those yes man sycophants team members who are backstabbers, crooked, liars and cheaters. The nonsense wife would forcibly make to buy tea/coffee, lunches and subs from nearby restaurants and do the student exams to collect funding from the ministry. The management practicing unfair means to make admissions and false promises about high paying jobs and blackmailing for the references. The owner and the wife unproductive have almost no English skills and always hiding behind the computer watching inappropriate and horrible wife acts like the queen of Canada with no dressing sense (indecent) and has thick accents. The low life co-workers cheating for $200 and don't know basic English reading writing skills. This place should be shut down for good as they are robbing poor immigrants' futures and are enjoying luxurious lifestyles and the head office is a piece of joke supporting these scammers. The wife using the employees' vehicle for personal shopping at Walmart, carrying heavy stuff to her home and if u refuse the owner does not pay the salary. The owner thinks everyone is their slaves and comes to the office very rarely an expert in exploitations. STay far very far.

stressful

no benefits, stressful with a co-worker that is why I am trying to look for another job. Most of the employee who works in this company they just use this as an experience. They don't pay enough.

Head Office was a Disaster

Franchise based organization with a very unstable head office. Went through 3 CEOs while I was there. Each being worse than the next. Lack any values, all about bottom line, and do not have the best interest of their clients (students) in mind. The investors should really not be in the education sector.

I wouldn't work there again

The stress that is put on you and the attitude that is given to you is not worth working there. I felt bullied some days as one of the owners kept commenting on how I was not putting make up on.

A lot of talk but no action.

My job was to enroll students and help them while they were taking their classes. I loved working with the students, loved it, but it was tough to support them when we didn't have any support from management. It resulted in a very negative and stressful work environment. I was told to enroll students regardless of their admission test scores, something I was very uncomfortable doing as it was often people enrolling in medical programs. Many students waited months for practicums which delayed their graduation.

Pros

Students

Good place to study

Staff is great, environment is suitable for learning. Computers are a bit dated but they work. Some of the furiniture etc could be changed, little worn out. Overall, enjoy doing my school work.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Can be loud at times

Hard Working Team

The staff here are hard working. The management team at my location has changed dramatically since I started here and I can honestly say that a lot of effort is put forth from the whole team here, whether management or not. Sharing of ideas is encouraged and there are regular annual events for staff. Although my location offers a benefits program, my portion of the cost seems overly expensive for what we get. Another downside is that there hasn't been much in the way of cost of living increases for several years. I think there is opportunity here for people who are willing to work hard and who have the right skill sets. My favourite part about this company is that I get to help further people's education.

Pros

get to help people, friendly work environment, emphasis on "team work"

Cons

not the best compensation, industry has a negative stigma

Great staff; terrible management.

1) Great staff members / co-workers 2) Low salary, poor benefits, no salary increases 3) No leadership, poor management team 4) No support from management - they only provide blanket statements, no actual help 5) No job security 6) Increase of stress / fear of losing job

Pros

Co-workers are great

Cons

Poor management/leadership, low salary, no salary increase, poor benefits

there was no fun rooms

my day at work was amusing, it felt like home. my supervisor was so nice and gentle with me. i learned to be punctual, trustworthy.my manger was like a brother not a boss,my coworkers were there for me whenever i needed them. the hardest part of the job is when clients are not helping you enough. the enjoyable part of the job is when i achieve my goal and satisfy the clients

Pros

free chocolate when i make 60 clients or more

Cons

i used to work over time to reach my goal

poor place to work

the management is very poor. we have nice colleagues, easy job to do, new things to learn at every update of books.very less chances of advancement

Productive and fun

It is a very good clean and safe environment to work in. I enjoy my job and the people I work with. Everyday is fun and productive. Management is good as well.

Worked here as a Surveyor

The owner's of the Vancouver and Surrey locations are very supportive and energetic people. They have created a very family oriented type of business. I believe they have set up a structure and business that will help link people to skills, then to jobs. They work very hard with their career advisor to place their students into the workforce. The job itself, I was a surveyor. The schedule was very flexible, just like the school is designed. They allowed me to set a schedule that fit me, and my studies. I had to approach people and ask a few simple questions about whether or not they would be interested in learning some new skills, and if they would like better salaries/wages. I also had to enter data by hand into our questionnaire sheets, then call to book appointments for a sit down with the admissions director. If anyone is looking for a school that is very supportive in studies and in your work life, this is definitely a good choice. Just give the Vancouver and Surrey campus a call and book an appointment. Let them know Rich told you about them.

Good work experience, great staff and colleagues to work with!

My working experience has been the best, I'm grateful for the opportunity to continue learning and gain vast knowledge through Academy of Learning College. It was a starting point towards my professional career that gave me a great experience to better improve myself as an individual.

Pros

enjoying the results that I helped with students in making a difference of their lives

Cons

Alot of personality that you have to deal with, especially negative people that you can't please.

improve professional accounting skills

Good place to improve practical accounting related knowledge, such as hands-on bookkeeping and accounting software using experience.

Teaching

Good location, morning classes, excellent and helpful staff

Productive and forward thinking

A great entry level private career college for employment. Lots of opportunity to gain experience in education and instruction. Great staff and work environment is positive.

Pros

Positive staff

Cons

Limited to positon salary and contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Academy of Learning College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4Job security/advancement